Searching for recipes without specific flavors

How do I find vanilla recipes without getting the 1000s of custard recipes?

I do have some vanilla custards in my stash and I would hate to remove them only to use the what can I make function. I also want to discover vanilla recipes without custard that I may need to buy the flavors for.

Nearly everything vanilla has a custard in it and it takes me hours to find the custard free ones. A simple exclusion from the search query would be so nice to have, or am I missing it?

4 Likes

Search this

User> Search by Flavor Stash and then pick the vanillas that you want to use.
You might have to check common percentages for those flavors and then build a custom base out of that but flavor stash is one of my favorite features on this site

4 Likes

Yes I tried it, but without being able to exclude the custards, they still show up in the results.
I have quite a few custards and from all the popular brands and they all taste like eggs, lack cream and have a fake chemical taste to it. Same with Bavarian cream and some VBICs like e.g. TPA.

Pure vanillas, vanilla swirl, vanilla pudding, cream fresh, sweet cream and stuff like that does work for me. The majority of recipes do have the flavors I don’t like and it literally takes hours to wade through the 1000s of other recipes.
I don’t mind stumbling on vanilla flavors that I still have to buy, as long as they’re not my problem flavors.

4 Likes

Maybe try google for a forum search of vanilla only recipes, or maybe just try to take your favorite vanillas and then set each at the recipe you like the most? I don’t think the operating parameters of the site can leave out a certain ingredient yet.

2 Likes

If @daath sees this thread I bet he can show you. :eyes:

1 Like

Then it isn’t just me and I shouldn’t feel like a complete beginner :slight_smile:
I moved the thread to feedback, maybe @daath will take it into consideration with future updates.

1 Like

That would be bliss :clown_face:

1 Like

That’s actually not a half bad idea, thanks! Not fully what I’m looking for but it’ll help in the meantime.

1 Like

this might help you a little , at least the flavors that one should have to achieve what you are trying , a straight vanilla recipe with no creams is very hard ive tried with no success

3 Likes

I’ve read the thread and I have a lot of those flavors (the ones I can get without spending a fortune on shipping). Don’t get me wrong, I love creams, just not the eggy flavors like the heavy creams and custards.
I’m actually looking for recipes, ideas what to do with them without resorting to the egg-mess :crazy_face:

4 Likes

At this time you cannot do searches with ingredients to exclude, but it is definitely something I want consider in the future! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

i hear ya , ive tried a few times and it eludes me still lol from what ive read , tried and talked to others about this is a tough one to get right , if you do stumble on something let me know PLEASE, your not in the USA right ?

2 Likes

15 posts were split to a new topic: Vanilla recipe without creams or custard

A post was merged into an existing topic: Vanilla recipe without creams or custard

Nice idea :smiley:

Try this (copy and paste) in google search

site:http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/ vanilla -custard -cream

for “vanilla” where "custard and “cream” is excluded.

Its not fully tested :sunglasses:Just an idea.

edit: some pics

example result

3 Likes

Yeah we already tried that but it got split off when the thread was derailing a bit into the Vanilla juices :wink:

3 Likes

I’ll help you if I can. I hate custard and heavy creams. The only time I can enjoy that profile is with a real chocolate eclair.
My latest favorite is Wonder Flavors Tangerine with madagascar or Tfa Vanilla swirl. I also use vanilla with tobaccos like Inawera natural Virginia or Hangsen USA red. I really never use more than A few flavors in my recipes using pre mixed base of 30 ml with 1% increments at .30 grams per percent until a simple combo pleases my old burned out palate.
I am currently working with FA Cinnamon Danish with my vanilla and caramel to make the single mix flavor bloom.
Not to be condescrnding to the majority of recipes but I have found only a few mixers like @Boogenshizzle that share my likes. I use his wisdom from here and fb page a lot.
Don’t be afraid to build your own recipes adding just a few flavors around a single flavor you like.
I honestly don’t think there is a silver bullet recipe that will please you, in my experience at least.
I get more out of the forums and blogs now focusing on brands I trust like TFA, FA and Most recently Wonder Flavors which is too new to have much in the database. PM me with whatever you find or want to collaborate on together.

2 Likes

You just reminded me that there’s a vanilla that Clay uses in his N-E-Ts. I first experienced it when I ordered their Ry4 hybrid. No cream whatsoever, just pure unadulterated vanilla extract. So yummy, so sharp and unmistakable. I’ve been meaning to ask if I can buy some from him. His coconut is also remarkable. I’m pretty sure they make them inhouse.

1 Like