Shout out to the Temp Control Peoples

That’s understandable, but I have to admit, I have made statements that were perceived as unsubstantiated fact by others when it was simply a function of keeping it short. It seems real easy to start a fire here.

1 Like

DNA and Yihi are the only chips that I have found to have real consistency. I’ve tried most others but have yet to try the Smoant chips. Aspire and Innokin have been better than most but still not too tier.

1 Like

OMG! I do love your sense of humor! Now I can check my pants. I don’t know what direction vaping will take. I agree, TC seems to me to be an obvious choice but “the old days” and “old school” still seems to hold a lot of charm to many. But hey, it’s ours to enjoy at least for now.

Have you tried a Vaperesso? Specifically the Tarot Pro? I tried mine, admittedly for a short period of time and under limited circumstance and it seemed to do fine. Just wondering if you had any thoughts.

1 Like

Yes, the Taro Pro and Nano. They were better than most but I preferred the Aspire Archon and Innokin CF TC100. I ended up selling them.

2 Likes

Appreciate that.

2 Likes

I’m staying in the bunker until you all have a group hug.

3 Likes

I do not want this thread to die. The reason:

1. There’s a lot of good information in here.
  2. It’s a good example of what happens once in a while when people don’t agree.
  3. The folks that disagree aren’t causing any stress to anyone but the two-three people who do not agree.
  4. We don’t have enough temp control threads, here or anywhere else where there’s so much detailed information about the use of temp control, the kind of mods that actually work for it and realistic examples of ones that do work.

A lot of these companies advertising their temp control works in my opinion, like Sigelei, need to be held accountable for marketing their equipment as viable temp control mods. (And Jaybo with the Releaux 2/3).

The truth is - I’m pissed off. I’m sitting here with $180.00 worth of mods that advertised their mod as doing temp control which in reality do not function well as temp control mods - if at all. To me this is total crap in product distribution and sales.

Sometimes we don’t agree on this site. My way of dealing with people is to either summon the moderator or tell them assertively how they are making me feel.

3 Likes

I’m not ever going to argue with you. The eclipse started sweetie…I’m getting my camera ready :slight_smile: lol oops… is starting. I found my solar filter! I can shoot more of it than just the couple minutes it’s safe.

1 Like

It’s my thread, dear.

2 Likes

Peace always!

1 Like

Hello Gents,

https://www.elementvape.com/smok-alien-220w-tc-temperature-control-box-mod

My kid is telling me this is working well in TC? Do you have any knowledge that would speak otherwise?

Absolutely not. It’s god awful in TC.

3 Likes

She flips back and forth from wattage to TC so…

OK… the kids are going to buy me whatever I want for my birthday so I have about $70.00.

My tanks are 25MM tanks. So does everyone agree on the Smoant Charon and The Vaporesso Nebula?

In that sort of price range one of the best mods I’ve found for TC is the IPV8. The voopoo drag does a pretty decent job too but it’ll only do 80 watts in TC mode. If you don’t mind waiting for a delivery from China I would highly recommend the Hcigar VT167, they’re going for $80 now.

1 Like

What does 80 watts equate to in Temperature? I think I have to run these coils at 70 Watts in Wattage Mode, it’s real hot at 70 Watts in my book though…

I’m really enjoying about 500F on the Archon

The Voopoo is beautiful.

It’ll all depend on what coils you’re using. If you’re using bigger coils like fused claptons, aliens and that type of thing they need more power just to heat up. If you’re someone that doesn’t vape at a higher wattage usually then that should be plenty of power for you. The TC bit is just as the name suggests, you’re setting the max temp the mod will fire your coil regardless of how high your watts are. At least that’s what they’re meant to do lol

1 Like

But for the money I would seriously consider putting $10 to it and getting the Hcigar. It’s a dna250 board and does TC better than anything else.

Where can I get it?