Shout out to the Temp Control Peoples

rotflmao. Great reply!! And about all you can do with folks who have already made up their mind and are set in their ways. :wink:

1 Like

Those are my favorite of the anti-vapanista’s

(My balls fell off?) How the hell did you think that fast to say that? Ha!

1 Like

Most absurd thing that came to mind.

2 Likes

I would extend (or revise) the definition of the DNA mod squad to include the YiHi chips. Just because it’s the performance that’s shared between them that makes them so desirable… Lol (perhaps the Porsche mod squad?)

Anyways, there’s no doubt, I fall into group 5 even before I could consider group 3, simply because I’m not a DNA zealot. I use my Cuboid and Sigelei Spark 90 as much or more than the DNA (since it was designated a “house only” mod).

1 Like

I confess…I’m too busy laughing to come up with anything. A complete blank :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Okay maybe my blank “senior moment” has passed but still can’t stop laughing or come up with any names.

Awhile back my wife, a 58 year old silver haired beauty, was vaping while driving home when a carload of young guys pulled up in the lane beside her and honked. Normally thats enough for her to reach for her cellphone and/or .38 but she looked over and saw hands full of mods, thumbs up, and smiling faces. She came home giggling. Funny how the young get what some old farts can’t. Maybe I’ll buy a Charon and Ammit to keep by my front door to blow “demon steam” at the church ladies and preachers plus now I can use Walt’s line to scare hell of damn near anyone. Priceless.

3 Likes

That was awesome. Ha!

You reminded me of the time my wife was following me home after a car purchase. We were at a stop light and I glanced back to check on her and saw a huge cloud billow up from what I thought was the back corner of the hood of the car. I thought “oh shit!” and then realized after it happened again that it was her vaping, not the car on fire.

3 Likes

Its super cool on a foggy humid day with no wind. The cloud just hangs there, it’s hilarious.

1 Like

No more leaving home in a rush and wondering if we put our last cig out. Free at last. free at last.

3 Likes

Scared the hell out of me for a second but I did laugh once I figured out she was Cheech & Chonging it.

3 Likes

The upsides are that I haven’t burnt out a coil since a switched to temp control. I used to burn through a coil a week. The taste is cleaner, richer, and smoother. You might not think so at first if you are used to really hot vapes but you’ll be used to enjoying the flavor rather than the heat really quickly. This is just like what people switching off smoking experience where it feels somehow “less” for a second and then in a day or two you adjust and realize you’d just had your taste buds trained on something nasty.

Without temp control you are applying enough heat to trigger chemical reactions in the VG that produce harmful gases, some coil materials include warnings because of offgassing has been proven with that material but all coil materials overheat VG if they aren’t temp controlled so realistically it is either temp control, don’t vape, or bring on a very slow and agonizing death. And why? Because you are used to burnt flavors? No thanks. Other vape modes are relics of a time when we were all ignorant, they and coils that go with them shouldn’t even be an option anymore.

1 Like

image-w448

1 Like

Just too funny. I haven’t pissed my pants in over 60 years. :rofl: Scuse me while I go check.

2 Likes
4 Likes

I usually say “Oh here we go…” but… you know, I think this is possible? (Don’t even think about it Walt, I’m already in the bunker)

You were two years ahead of me. I was 42H20 1973 Small world.

[quote=“Michael_Fread, post:176, topic:155264”]
Without temp control you are applying enough heat to trigger chemical reactions in the VG that produce harmful gases, some coil materials include warnings because of offgassing has been proven with that material but all coil materials overheat VG if they aren’t temp controlled so realistically it is either temp control, don’t vape, or bring on a very slow and agonizing death. And why? Because you are used to burnt flavors? No thanks. Other vape modes are relics of a time when we were all ignorant, they and coils that go with them shouldn’t even be an option anymore.
[/quote]C

Show me the data to back up your claims.

Without peer reviewed scientific studies you are just repeating the same tired arguments as the anti vaping spokesholes.

2 Likes

Personally, I’ve seen nothing definitive regarding this. A lot of unsubstantiated claims from two sides of an argument. For me it leaves it a judgement call. I don’t believe in squashing things published until something definitive is recognized. I perceive it all as good to have been noted.

I have no problem with people stating something as a possibility. I just don’t like seeing people state an unknown as fact.

2 Likes