Shout out to the Temp Control Peoples

Good Luck! You will be a master before you are done. Trial by fire. Not literally. There will be no booms. I promise. I think…

Yes, that is the one that I had. Just couldnt deal with the trim color.

Watch this first.

2 Likes

Everything he said was true. I programmed it as he was talking and it will not lock the resistance and it does get hotter every time you fire it.

The upside is, it does wattage mode very well.

Sooooooooooooooooo… looks like these aren’t good candidates for TC at all. So… one more question for the group of experts here…

What’s my best option for TC under $60.00? (Besides the Archon?) The Archon is not a great looking mod.

1 Like

The biggest problem with the Releaux in my book is the fact I cant chain vape with it, I’m blaming it on the temp sensor. Something is’t right with it. The third hit seems to be reading the heat (its hot, it’s supposed to be) and the board is trying to throttle it from overheating …pretty unsuccessfully.

https://www.elementvape.com/vaporesso-nebula-100w-tc-starter-kit
or if you want to find a better deal
http://www.vapecrawler.com/

2 Likes

https://www.vapordna.com/Vaporesso-Tarot-Pro-160W-TC-Box-Mod-p/vaptap.htm

Only problem with this one is it will only take a 22mm atty without hangover. But as per @Bikerdude above, Baporesso has a good chipset. I have tested it. Not quite DNA or Yihi, but still good and better than most.

1 Like

If you would have been going through this two months ago I could have hooked you up with a Yihi Q mini ml class. A local B&M had a half a dozen for sale for under $60.00. I snaged one myself. I couldn’t believe my eyes.

Here is one that is ten over: https://www.elementvape.com/hcigar-vt75-nano-tc-box-mod-dna75-chipset

This will do amazing temp control. One caveat, you may have to use the Evolve software to set up the thermal dynamics on the case. HCigar has a nasty habit of not setting that up. Not sure you want to dive that deep into TC yet?

I began with 2 100W Wismec Pressa’s. (26650 battery) I had to do a LOT of coil building/experimentation to find what would work with TC. Then I added a 2/3. All three are different and sometimes erratic. But I am using them. About a month ago I bought a Smoant Battlestar. While it’s a “cheap mod” (38$) I have not had a single problem and love the way it works and feels in my hand. Maybe others can chime in the technicals but it seems to me to be far better than the Wismec’s.

3 Likes

Now… we are getting someplace.

I think there is review on here and also a link to an incredibly low price. I have not pulled the trigger on the DNA mods because I know that I would probably wind up ordering 4 of them.

2 Likes

@Maureeenie and @mrpipes Here’s another one by Smoant that Danial gave excellent regarding TC. He did say the temps were a little off meaning 425 might actually be 415 degrees but he asserts it is very smooth. That is key. https://www.elementvape.com/smoant-charon-218w-tc-box-mod

I don’t own it but I surely would not be afraid to purchase it. $55.00

Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufZ3mVP4bk8

1 Like

It’s a little pulsy (compared to a DNA), but operation in TCR mode is very consistent… The only one I can/would recommend after having used it for the last year is the Cuboid 150.

Bear in mind though:
It was very finicky about wanting to keep it’s firmware “locked in” for the first couple months. I had to reflash it multiple times (in those initial months), before it finally latched onto one. Once it did though, I haven’t had to touch the firmware since. So it’s been solid for at least ten months+.

The whole problem with TC on a budget (in my opinion), thus far anyways, is that there is going to be something you’ll sacrifice (performance wise) in one way or another, depending on the mod/brand you select, compared to DNA or YiHi TC.

Given that you haven’t experienced either of those yet, you will be far less likely to be “unsatisfied” with one that performs like the Cuboid (if you decide not to go with that one in particular). I can’t speak to others from experience though, so I’ll leave it for those that can.

Personally however, I would strongly recommend bumping up your allotment restriction slightly, and trying to focus on finding a DNA 75C based mod. (just not the Hcigar, as it has size issues with the 26650 battery format).

2 Likes

Either the Lost Vape Therion 75C or the Paranormal 75C are gorgeous devices. Love the menu/navigation on the 75C as well. I will join you in saying “highly recommended”. The Triade is excellent to for about the same price but it’s back to the button press sequence navigation. That can make one nuts.

2 Likes

I have so many options and now I have to save money!

1 Like

I don’t have a qualified opinion as I don’t own one. I do have a lot of appreciation for Lost Vape products. I have the DNA75 board in two mods and it is great. I do like the option of the 26650 battery. Great find! I love finding a mod like that. I would assume it would be a great mod that just did not get a lot of press. That is a great price for a DNA 75 box! The battery life might be the only issue. The DNA 75 is somewhere around 85% efficient as I remember. I’m fine with the battery life myself. I don’t mind carrying an extra.

You know I get that. In a sense its absurd to own as many mods and atties as I do, but its a hobby. In that sense it makes perfect sense. What I burned with analogs makes vaping cheep.

Also, I know you didn’t ask me, but since Walt3 didn’t mention it in his reply…

The reason i recommended the DNA 75C for Maureeenie in particular, was because of the refined (more user friendly) interface. Which keeps her from having to dive head long into the whole Escribe aspect (since she’s still wrapping her head around the whole concept of how TC actually works)

No harm, no foul. Just trying to point out that the difference is important in this case!

Excellent point! Huge improvement over “press this five times, now press these two together, now press the left one, now stand on one leg and wave your left hand over your head”.

2 Likes