Shout out to the Temp Control Peoples

Agreed. Forget 3d chess. Talk to us when you can play DNA. LMAO

Remembering where you are in it’s submenu system is it’s own game at times! Lol

Bravo, that was good! Exactly!

Hey no problem. I appreciate the input. I started last September with ego style gear (junk) and have been working my way up to better stuff as i learn. Fortunately, I too have a long background in electrical fields but when it comes to sorting through all the marketing hype it doesn’t really help that much. The Wismecs are “okay” but absolutely don’t perform the way they are touted to. Nevertheless, I haven’t smoked since Sept 1 last year and Walt’s right;its a hobby we enjoy. Plus, I can give these mods to someone instead of just leaving them in a drawer.

2 Likes

Won’t be long before you hit the 1 year mark!! Congrats!

I too have a long history in electronics (like Walt3), right around 30 years at this point…and I agree, there’s really not many devices that have delivered what they advertised in a few respects. But over the last year or two, things have started to improve dramatically (compared to what was available previously). So as long as folks like Phil Busardo, and DJLSB keep them in “technical check”, and as knowledgeable folks (with the proper understanding of how it applies to our situation*) continue to make sure that correct information is disseminated, the general public’s understanding can only improve, which in turn will demand better quality products from the manufacturers involved!!

*The reason I starred that section was, because I still remember two engineers going at each other 15-20 years ago in a forum (possibly BBS, I don’t remember, it’s been too long) was that while they were arguing over basic principles that any first year would know… They neglected to see that one was AC related, and one was DC related. They were both right. But were so lost in the “crosstalk”, that neither could see the other for what it was, until it was pointed out to them!!

Anyways, before I ramble on much further, I’ll say it’s nice to meet you, and don’t be afraid to speak up, or share your thoughts. A lot of great information and exchanges have come about of “things going off the rails” from time to time. But generally, it always “heals up, and hairs over” as my grandfather used to say, and folks continue to be friends (or at least cordial) most of the time. :wink:

3 Likes

I like tc for crazy big builds. I find it is the best way to utilize my 316l surgical ss builds ranging from .06-.09ohm. Depends on the kind of build but I never get over 350f max in tc @70-120 joules. At that temp I get the juiciest pulls. Anything .1ohm+ I usually just use at 75-150w. I try not to use any builds over .2ohm preferably.

I like this one, it’s a nice looking mod. Going to have to get one without a picture of a dead guy on it though…

Where did the whole dead and horror thing come from with vaping anyway? I know I come from the Geritol Generation but it’s so silly.

1 Like

In Greek mythology, Charon or Kharon is the ferryman of Hades who carries souls of the newly deceased across the rivers Styx and Acheron that divided the world of the living from the world of the dead

Not sure where the whole dead and horror thing come from but it really should be the opposite but with that mod it relates to the name Charon.

2 Likes

You are awesome! Thank you for the history.

Charon. So the message is …it will take me to Temp Control Hell… or simply that it will cross me over to the world of the dead? Hmmm… maybe I better pick a different mod.

3 Likes

Bravo! Great choice. And I don’t know regarding the “dark” imagery that vaping seems to love so dearly. I’m also not too sure it’s good press given the political upheaval either. But, there is sure enough of it. I’ve got Goons sitting on Predators and Trolls riding on Aliens. You can put an Ammit on the Charon and have a mythological matchy matchy set! Look mom, the vape from hell!!! Wanna go head bang? Nuttin like thugin it for a night!

1 Like

That was a good one.

…and thank you but I already look quite odd enough being a pushing 60 year old woman chucking clouds like an elder queen of Vape Nation (enough so that 25 year old Amtrak employees have approached and questioned at length about the equipment I use…)

The whole death thing on my equipment …may be just a bit much, don’t you think?

Naw, you’re all good. Kids (anyone under 40, lol) love it when us geriatric vapors show an appreciation for something they get into. There are a few at my favorite B&M, all early 20’s and when I walk in there’s a resounding “hey Walt!”. Then the top caps of their RDA’s come off and they are extending their latest builds for inspection, lol. Of course we have to trade vapes back and forth. I really appreciate their acceptance. I even made them some atty stands after they mentioned their atties laying all over the house.

1 Like

Wow, you actually get respect?

I personally wear my vape nation harassment from the children as a badge of honor.

Wow, I’m surprised. I always get respect and connectivity. Ok, sometimes I have to ask about the latest slang but I always get a chuckle and a polite definition. There was one occasion where another customer/hang out made an innocuous quip and my buddy behind the counter responded “No dude! Walt’s cool, He really gets it!” I had to laugh and I found another young friend. I did have to pass a pop quiz on coil types, lol. It really was fun.

2 Likes

Honestly, the only flack I get is from old farts like myself. “Them things aint good fer ya! I heared they’s worse that cigarettes! Them el kill ya!” I’ll respond with something like “I know! First week and my balls fell off! Too late now!”. They go away.

3 Likes

Ahhh … the the old pop quiz. Sounds like some kind of primitive vape bonding ritual.

It’s really interesting how we have as a combined group splintered off into separatist anarchist groups. I think a military analogy in naming is in order. First up on the various splinter groups are the:

1. Turn the Coil Blue Angels An elite force of individuals who wrap and test various metals at high wattage, risking their lives for the good of vape nation in search of the perfect burn.

2. The Clone Seals Highly decorated branch of vape nation holding dear to the principle of refusing to pay “the man” for equipment that was made in the same factory as it’s expensive cousin tank or mod.

3. The DNA Mod Squad This group needs no explanation. They have been there, done that and refuse to accept anything less than Porsche level quality in a firing device.

4. The Deer in the Headlights This is the group I most strongly identify with. We see light bouncing off brightly colored vape equipment and rationalize we must have the shiny objects.

5. The Mad Scientists The mixers who are never happy with their recipes, buying flavor after flavor, tweaking and tweaking in search of the perfect ratio of chemical perfection to satisfy the taste buds!

I could go on all day but… I think everyone should take a turn.

8 Likes

Now this is some good stuff above. Coffee spewed all over my keyboard and monitor…

1 Like

Bravo!!! Excellent script!!!

1 Like

Agreed. Maybe they were having a play with the ferryman now carrying smokers away from the Isle of death? (since that’s what vaping does) :wink:

1 Like

I really want to hear more names… I’ve come up with a few more:

The Funny Cars (The lowest of low ohm coil users chucking clouds 5 degrees lower than flame)

Coil Commando’s

PG Purists

Organic Dreamers (I say dream because … I mean … hello? organic? are you kidding me)

VG Maxer Zealots (I’m one of these)

Powder Puffers (people who still use high ohm coils and mouth to lung)

1 Like

True but the legend is what the legend is. Maybe the name is a veiled product warning?

1 Like