SMOK XCube II Titanium TCoR Setup Issues

I will and you read up on breathing iron rust.

1 Like

I put iron rust on my corn flakes shrug

2 Likes

Done

"We conclude that inhalation of iron oxide particles did not cause an appreciable alteration of alveolar epithelial permeability, lung diffusing capacity, or pulmonary function in healthy subjects under the studied conditions."

1 Like

Ok, You can continue this senseless debate by yourself. I thought maybe you’ve been fed a lot of false info and I was trying to put you on the right path. You obviously know all you need to know. I can’t help you… so you just go and vape in fear of dying.

It looks a little outdated.

1 Like

I’m just trying to find humor in a serious subject. …I also followed my corn flake post with a study link and their conclusion on iron rust…it was a short study on rust.

Here is a rather lengthy study on titanium oxide, but I can’t make too much sense of it…it’s rather long…thank goodness I’m not breathing/reading it. The results don’t seem as favorable though, hmmmm?

It’s only senseless if neither of us learn anything…I learned rust isn’t so bad shrug

2 Likes

I don’t think TiO2 can be used as a flavor enhancer - I did find some google results, but they seemed speculative and not thorough or in-depth. TiO2 is non-toxic and completely inert. In the food industry it’s used as a pigment, to make it whiter, more reflective and opaque… The only TiO2 that seems a bit dangerous is TiO2 nano-particles, and they’re hard to make and very expensive.

3 Likes

After a lot of reading things from a variety of sources, some authoritative and some questionable, and viewing videos from sources of similar merit, and some debate with PV and others over the use of TItanium, I had to finally draw my own conclusions. I think we all need to do that with everything we do, unless we just like having someone tell us what to do, not to do, whatever. And I did draw my own conclusions, and I am happily using Titanium.

But it seems that all the fear is predicated on 2 assumptions. First, that Titanium Dioxide is produced at all times, and that it will leave the coil when vaped. I did some rudimentary testing to see when TD would form on a coil - visibly. I won’t really go into detail, just suffice it to say it was extreme temperature - far beyond that which I could ever comfortably vape. This settled it for me - it was the point I decided Ti was safe for me to vape.

What someone else’s point where they decide it’s safe or unsafe is up to them. But personally I’m not the type to let the Chicken Littles of the world be my guide. And that is precisely what’s going on in the battle against vaping. The forces trying to stop vaping come in all different shapes and sizes…doctors and other health professionals, collegiate researches, etc. Even other vapers. And all of them are doing everything they can 24/7 to fight against the freedom for people to choose vaping whether that be to prattle on about Titanium Dioxide or Diketones, or to just plain lie about it all.

2 Likes

@5prock3t, you seem like a smart enough person, but your really out of step with the vibe of this forum. I hope you take this as constructive criticism as I am not intending to be hostile. People here are not all defensive and confrontational. Here is some information, filter it through your brain for validation, and act accordingly. The same way you judge a recipe.

Firstly, Titanium Dioxide is NOT a flavor enhancer. That is flat out, incorrect. Please stop posting such things.

If you are worried about particulate leaving your wire you should probably read up on chromium. The thing about Ti is that ALL titanium is covered with TiO2. Titanium is a very reactive metal, so reactive that it is used as rocket fuel, like explosively reactive. . .that’s normally bad because it results in corrosion of the metal. However, as with aluminum, the oxide of titanium is so tenacious, so inert, well-bound, and complete in its encapsulation of the metal that titanium (and aluminum) are comparitively corrosion proof relative to most other metals. Kanthal, nichrome and notably stainless steel achieve their corrosion resistance by the addition of chromium, which essentially reverses or disallows corrosion chemically. That said, chromium is very bad for humans, yet we have all sorts of food storage, wine aging, and even medical instruments are stainless. These examples dont typically operate at elevated temperatures, but the vapor pressure of chromium is sufficiently low that it typically doesnt even contaminate delicate semiconductor crystals when stainless tubing is used to feed hot corrosive chemicals to the process. My point here is that you shouldn’t worry much about any wire used for vaping apart from nickel. I’ll bet you a payheck that no Ti particulate is leaving titanium wire. But if you are going to worry, worry about the very reactive and very toxic metal chromium being in your vape. It isnt in your vape, unless you are inhaling fumes from coil destruction by temperature, essentially welding temperatures. The next level down, I would worry about any particulate in my cotton. I do worry about that as I see dust when I tear it apart. . .so I switched to hemp and think it tastes better to boot.

I’m glad you are educating yourself on these topics and that you are happy with your cube. I think if you continue with an open mind you’ll give titanium a shot and hopefully chill out a little bit and youll be a valuable addition to the forum. If you havent had a chance to check out a DNA200 or even one of the newer YiHi chips I think you might prefer their performance relative to the cube.

To one of your other points, I agree completely and have mech mods that cost more than Cube. I pre-saled a black one with a tank kit for $150. I dont think I got anywhere near what I paid for. Perhaps that is my fault. Like you I believe that the cube is worth $30-40 and in comparison I think the Efusion is very much worth $180.

2 Likes

http://www.foodadditivesworld.com/articles/titanium-dioxide-pigment.html

“Besides being used as a food pigment, titanium dioxide is also used as a flavor enhancer to a lot of nonwhite food products like soups, beer, wine, nuts, dried vegetables, etc.”

Thank you for the credit in educating myself, and I’m sorry, I have a habit of mirroring condescension that is directed towards me, as if I’m a fool for not drinking the koolade before doing my own research.
I know not to believe everything on the internet, but I take outspoken Internet experts less serious.

My bad, I set myself up for failure by stating a universal negative, which can’t be proven…leaving you able to find any misprint on the Web to “prove” your case.

Although you are clearly a highly educated materials scientist, unlike the ignorant redneck typing this, I think if you look into it further, the inert ingredient titania is very nearly unable to react chemically and that makes it pretty tough to enhance flavor. In the cases you have listed, my bet is that it’s used as a non-caking agent for the seasonings applied to those products, so maybe it’s a flavor enhancer enhancer.

I’m sure you’d like the last word here, so I won’t be responding further. Enjoy.

I found that on more than one “misprint”(source).

I know Daath created these forums without any hard fast rules to abide by. But, he did give us some suggested behaviors such as:

1. Advancing the discussion in a helpful manner
  2. Being agreeable even when disagreeing

We seem to be losing sight of that. This thread was at one time useful, as were a couple others. They seem to have gone off track. Any chance we can bring them back on topic while just agreeing to disagree agreeably?

3 Likes

Continuing the discussion from My Thoughts on the DNA 200 Chip:

I’m replying here because the conversation in the other thread is about the DNA200 and the xCube is not one.

To answer your question…No. With Ti coil builds the TC functions perfectly with the Cube for me. I’ve only really had erratic behavior with SS wire, but nothing like you’re describing. I have heard others mention the pulsing with this and other mods I just haven’t had it. Does it do that regardless of temp set or whether set to min, soft, normal, hard or max?

2 Likes

Hey thanks @Big_Benny_MI, I do need a kick in the head every now and then. We all really should try and keep this forum a bastion on non-suck, so thank you for the reminder.

…and thank you @SthrnMixer. Yeah, if I am running TC on the cube it ramps up to temp, turns off for a second while it flashes the temperature control message, and turns back on again. It’s ridiculously annoying. It’s a dual spaced 24ga Ti build at 0.1ohms at the momeny. I still have a new 2 coil Ti coil from them and I suppose I’ll try it over the weekend, but it did the same thing on the single coil RBA and the exact same builds work on my other two TC mods without any fussing around or logging into an app or whatever. Even before I plugged the DNA into my computer to load the Ti curve it still worked, but I had the temp set high.

2 Likes

I got 2 x cubes today and absolutely no problems at all… But I must tell that I have read this entire thread 10 times😂 before even opening the boxes hehe.

And now I understand what ya’ll are talking about when you say ti is supreme😁

4 Likes

So you read the entire thread 10x and still bought 2…did you not hear the drum being banged slowly and repeatedly? lolz

But in all seriousness, you upgraded to ti already? Same day? No problems?

My SS and TI arrive today…I’m typing this next to my mail box, with my foot tapping.

3 Likes

I had already ordered them when I saw all the commotion hehe… So I had to read up :laughing:

But yes every thing works… Even the ti coefficient seem to work. I just sit back with my Dripper and toke away till no vape comes out of my old lungs😀

I am really surprised how my battery’s last… Twice as long as on my istick 100. So all in all I’m happy :raised_hands:

2 Likes

That’s great!
…too many turds in the punch bowl as is lolz

I’m gonna set up SS and Ti this weekend hopefully.

I should have praised it more… Now it’s not working that good with the single coil ti!

Going to try with 0.00525 coefficient… As pro_ Vapes suggested.

Good luck man. One more person getting screwed by that company is too many. If you do get it working, I would never change anything. The hard part is you accidentally scroll through the wire choice once and switch out of Ti and your back to getting out your phone. . .to re-up-gradation. LOL.

I’ll say I’ve learned from my recent buying sprees to never buy two of anything until you are certan it works for you. I’ve busted on too many supposedly awesome products already.