My Thoughts on the DNA 200 Chip

What are your thoughts or anyone else with the expertise on leaving a mod with LiPo batteries on the charger while using? I am at my desk at my home office all day and have been keeping it plugged in. I just wonder if that’s ok or a bad idea.

Built in passthrough is all good. The batteries are replaceable. As long as you don’t feel excessive heat, it’s cool. No pun intended.

I do the same.

1 Like

As far as I understand LiPos take a few charge cycles to “break in” - In the beginning the charges don’t last as long - but after a few cycles they do :smile: That’s what I read, anyhow. After that, I don’t see a problem with using passthrough :smile:

1 Like

MSPR is just what it says it is suggested resale price try and get around that a federal law out there called price fixing manufacturers can not tell anyone what to sell something for high or low now if it’s a clone then obviously a totally different story a couple of the other Chinese Firms have played that game communist China they get away with it you can’t take them to court

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: XCube 2 problems firing 0.1o and below in TC

Let’s get this thread back on track. @Pro_Vapes started the thread to open a discussion about the DNA200.

After using mine for a week I will say this. Until and only until something better comes along, I personally won’t be buying another mod that is not a DNA200. My foray into TC started off nicely, then I hit snags with a mod, then I got another good one, then the DNA200 and finally one was sent to me for review. Even the “good” ones I have are not even in the same league as this mod. It’s simply the best there is.

@daath was kind enough to share with me what he had heard about the “break in” period for LiPo batteries, so for now I am draining my Efusion off charge until fully depleted then doing a full recharge which takes 2-1/2 hrs roughly. That is the time I’m using my other stuff. Otherwise I keep that DNA200 pumping. And like Pro Vapes, I find Ti wire to be superior when it comes to temperature control. Even in my non-DNA200 mods it’s better, but on the 200 — wow! So solid. Every hit on it is exactly the same. When you fire it there’s none of that I wonder how it will hit this time jazz, it’s going to work 100 times out of 100 just the way you have it set.

3 Likes

i was one of those that bashed Evolv about the price of the DNA mods. But I can say this the best vape investment I’ve made… and Ti wire.

It’s still weird vaping at 50W in TC where other TC-mods would be at ~80W… I am enjoying it though :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s old thought not true .charging one and not letting it cool or rest like so called pass through on high draw devices no such thing that will cut back on life and damage the battery the battery and the charger creates the most heat at 70 /95% charge that is were the battery is getting max amp charge tapers off and if you check you will find that to be true that is why it is recommended to allow the battery to cool before charging and being used to charge fully

1 Like

Haha, I just turned up to 40W…the DNA seems to hit MUCH harder right off and then just like has been said…dead nuts each time. Battery life forever and the size is pocketable.

I just bought 75 flavors to play with, but I’ll be getting at least 2 more by the end of the year…and I’m developing a bit of a crush on the Billow V2 with the short stack and the 30ga dual Ti build I’m using. I just love it on this mod. Probably need a few more of those too. It sucks to fill, but I prefer it to the crown or the TFV4 so far…and I am not sure why.

2 Likes

The DNA has a setting called preheat in the Escribe software. For me it was defaulted to 200 watts for 1 second. I have it at 95/1sec now and then it goes to whatever I have set. It helps eliminate ramp time. I think it’s an amazing feature.

3 Likes

OK after reading a lot of post seams you and PV got a pretty good amount of knowledge OK I am really looking hard at the DNA 200 but don’t have a some of the facts locked in my mind first I do want to be sure I am getting a real DNA 200 not a copy .second battery not sure witch way to go from what I understand not 18650 ? I am cheap skate but only like coming off what little money I have once .so i would rather pay more for better build quality . So who offers a great build and DNA 200 .in your opinion Thanks

I have a Reuleaux and a Lost Vape Efusion. I’d buy the Reuleaux due to battery life and 18650s. No way will you be disappointed. It’s very heavy though, with all those batteries. The buttons are click and easy to find even with gloves on. It’s also shockingly small for what it is and even with a big atty on, it’s not likely to tip over.

2 Likes

Is one I have looked at big plus not falling over

1 Like

Especially if you live someplace like this!

2 Likes

Not good to watch that drinking Beam and Coke!!!

1 Like

Last time and only time I ever seen any thing like that was bakers field CA. at truck stop got woke up buy what I thought was me falling asleep at the wheel but I was in the sleeper looked out the passengers side window to see a nether driver doing same as me about to pull air brake Handel’s that were already set. out of the dash. Tock me a bit to realize my truck was not moving the ground was . the hole parking lot trucks fuel Islands looked like small waves you see on the ocean as soon as it passed ran into the truck stop to check on every one.they were looking back at me funny when I asked if everyone was OK the said yeah why .it was just a trimmer ant been back since scared the hell out of me so hopefully that will never ever be a problem once was enough for me

In all the years I hauled produce out of California I never felt the ground shaking. Got lucky I guess. Last time I was in Bakersfield - well let me make a long story short. This was back in the day and I would wildcat my loads. Company owner promised to pay all tickets, just turn any in with my paperwork. Put me in a large car Peterbuilt. Got a ticket in North Platte, NE and it was $36. Found out he didn’t pay it when I called home from Bakersfield. License was suspended. So I left that load of citrus sitting there with 1/8 tank of refer fuel (it was in the high 90’s) and called him when I got through hitchhiking back to NC. Said “your load of juice is at the Flying J” and he was like JUICE? I said probably is by now.

Anyway though, if you go with the Reuleaux DNA200 you will have the best of the best in my opinion. I’ve not spoken to anyone yet who wishes they had one with a LiPo pack instead.

2 Likes

Thanks I mean that this is what got my attention now back on the fence

sort was leaning away from 18650 and trying to get something made here in the us but still looking still learning

I’m sure it’s a fantastic mod. I have 2 Efusion and the Reulueux. They all get used constantly. So it’s not a matter of preference with the way they look, feel or vape. It all boils down to battery life. I get a full 12 hour day out of the Efusions if I’m hitting all three mods hard. Then need to charge the Efusions. It’s got a little better battery than the Opus, so I’m thinking if you had the one Opus and used it more than anything else, you’d be lucky to get a full day out of it - probably more like 6-8 hrs of hard vaping. My guess is with the Reuleaux being used solely and vaping hard you’d get a day and a half easily. That to me is the biggest difference. Build quality is excellent. Those reviews Rip Trippers did where he pointed out gaps in the outer shell construction, well my guess is he had basically a prototype. The mod I own is flawless. Hope this helps.

1 Like