Sweet VG - Have heard it exists. Who has it?

That’s a pity regarding go4 but again thank you for the info.
Yes, please let me know what your findings are with the SI VG.
Don’t think I’ve come across VG based on palm and coconut?

I think it’s really interesting and great to look for different sweetness from you vg and pg :slight_smile: but keep in mind if there pharma grade at 99% then there shouldn’t be really any change in flavour as it’s just the raw product left and nothing from the plant it’s extracted from in other words it’s exactly the same 99% vg hence the standard. I’m not sure vaping a sub standard pg/vg is advisable for such a negligible flavour difference and if it tastes a lot different the practice says the label is lieing (the purity is tripe) don’t mean to be a dick just don’t want anyone getting hurt and people tend not to realise about the 99% thing me included until recently hope this helps :grimacing:

1 Like

We may be late to the party but our team just came across this forum and thought we might as well say a few words! Sweet Vegetable Glycerin does definitely exist, we aren’t talking sucralose sweet but definitely sweeter than usual Vegetable Glycerin. The sweet Vegetable Glycerin people speak of is difficult for many vendors to get their hands on simply because there isn’t much of an abundance of the product. Luckily, we are one of the few that carry Musim Mas Malaysian Vegetable Glycerin based from Palm Oil which will give your blend that sweeter taste compared to many other Vegetable Glycerin’s. If you’re looking for sweet Vegetable Glycerin our team highly suggests reading our website page on the product. If anyone has questions or concerns feel free to comment back with our @! Our team will respond ASAP!

3 Likes

I’ve only used two sources for VG. Nude Nicotine and Bull City Flavors. Both taste the same to me and are quite sweet. Sweet enough to vape them straight.

@Nicotine_River
What are your shipping costs to the UK?

All shipping costs are calculated on our website at the checkout, thank you! :slight_smile:

i have 2 types of VG here.
one is palm free organic, the other is “refined” .

the refined is cheaper by 1/2 price almost, the palm free has a cleaner taste to me, palm certainly more sweet/sugar.

ive noticed certain companies vg and vg based nic to be like a golden/maple syrup undertone. i always found that to be a signal of poor quality, if u dont get any taste means its cleaner/purer .

anyhow a POOR quality in my opinion is RTSVapes stuff. theirs was one of the first diy stuff i tried, wow. just sugar aftertaste on any flavor i got.

I just went to post my impressions on Nicotine Rivers VG, and when reading through this thread ran into your question again. I’m sorry, I forgot.

I was just going to say I have been using NR’s VG for about 2 months now. Previously I used Essential Depot’s Palm VG. The ED’s was always clean tasting and smooth. I have started noticing that NR’s is thicker and much sweeter. So it’s working better for me as I don’t care for many sweeteners, and I am a bakery/custard vaper. It does a great job with all my mixes so far. Although I never had a problem with ED’s, I do have to say after trying both now that NR’s is noticeably sweeter and I prefer it.

3 Likes

Agreed. I got the Musim Mas VG that Nicotine River sells, and I’ve used it for the past few months (I’ve already gone through half a gallon of it!)… absolutely excellent. Slight sweet taste, but otherwise does not color a mix IMO.
No negative connotations associated whatsoever with it IME.

2 Likes

@bluenose63
How did you find the palm VG?
Did it offer anything different to the mix regarding taste? Sweetness?

Still working with it, I feel it does produce more vapour, but that vapour is heavier and more, for want of a better word, damper or moister. I vape Max VG and when you use Inawera and Flavourart flavours as standalones that can only mean <2% dilution to 98% of VG which vaping subohm 0.2ohms in TC or High Watts isn’t the safest with regards the boiling point of pure VG without water and isn’t best for my lungs tbh. So I have started adding distilled water to my own mixes at 10-15% so see how that goes.

Have not had to add any sweetener of any description to my own mixes now since I changed, would like to think that is due to the VG, but it may be my tastes and vaping equipment have changed at the same time? It is certainly more noticeable with the finger taste test, tried it with a couple of other pure VG bottles I have, and it gives by far the sweetest taste on the tongue, of all of them.

I would buy it again (and have), is it better (still deciding) costs no more than rapeseed or soy versions and you can buy it in 1 litre sizes here in the UK. I would recommend anyone give it ago for themselves, but if you mix Max VG, definitely thin it out with water, is my main recommendation

1 Like

My friend gets his pg and vg from Nicotine source. It is quite sweet standalone.

1 Like

I have found three different types of vegetable glycerin (VG )on the American market. My personal preference is the palm kernel, but we are going to look at all three.
Soy: This is usually the lowest grade of VG. Some people say that it tastes different than the others, mutes flavors, and to be honest, I haven’t a clue as I just haven’t bothered to try it because of:
Palm Grade VG: This is a bit sweeter than the soy and has a more neutral tasteless odor and flavor. This is the most popular on the market and is used by the majority of companies. Unless otherwise specified, this is usually what you are getting when you order VG.
Palm Kernel VG: This is the cleanest and the best you can get. It has no muting effects whatsoever, is a little bit thinner than the palm and the soy, and a little bit sweeter. It is more expensive on average and MUCH harder to find on the market. Is it worth the difference? I think so.

4 Likes

I’ve only found one manufacturer who has the palm kernel in america at www.chemnic.com

the palm kernel peaked my interest but the first thing that popped up when i went to research it was this

" Palm fruit oil is often claimed to be highly nutritious and contains about equal amounts of saturated and unsaturated oils. Palm kernel oil is made from the kernel, or seed of the palm fruit and contains much higher amounts of saturated fat. Both are problematic for our health primarily due to processing. " Jan 17, 2014

that being said id like to look further into it , if you have any knowledge that you can provide that would be great

1 Like

Problematic for digestion? I really wasn’t planning on drinking the stuff…
I’m not sure how much more info I can get, but I’ll see what I can do.

1 Like

i could research it , i just thought you may have more insight

gotcha. I’ll see what I come up with tomorrow. PM me.

1 Like

As Nic River no longer ship to the UK, you can buy Musim Mas VG from Liquid Barn who do still ship to the UK.
But I have recently ordered from here: specialingredients.co.uk as ther VG is also Palm based and I can’t tell the difference from the Musim Mas VG.

2 Likes

I just bought a quart bottle of MD LIVE (brand) palm derived vg from Amazon for $9.97. I can tell you it is VERY sweet, maybe too sweet.