Tobacco Recipes

You consistently make a good argument for NETs. I have 100 bucks to spend on vapingā€¦ maybe I should just take the plunge and go get me some tobacco!!

I may pick up some FLV tobaccos just for fun and to get me through until all the NET steeping is done. If I do, Iā€™ll definitely share my findings.

Cheers!

2 Likes

@Kinnikinnick

While weā€™re on the subjectā€¦ Iā€™ll be ordering single variety leaf from here http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipe-tobacco/blending-tobaccos/.

But would you happen to know a good blended tobacco I can grab from the same site? Iā€™m thinking that in the long term, making single variety NETs will give me more control over the final outcome cuz Iā€™ll be able to blend them to my tastes. But I also want to give blended tobacco a shot and starting with a winner will give me something to vape while experimenting with the other leaf. Iā€™m looking for non-aromatic (no fruity or sweet top notes) tobacco flavor with a punch.

1 Like

Thanks d. I happen to have Cured in my stash. Smelled great but havenā€™t tasted it yet. Will def give it a go. Virginia sounds nice too. Iā€™ve really got my eyes on Classic Cigarette too. Sounds too good to be true though.

As for Red Burley, at higher percents, I could see it coming off like a cigar. But you could drop it down to 2 or 1% in a mix and just get a rolling tobacco feel out of it I believe. The nice thing about Red Burley is that itā€™s a rich flavor, not a one trick pony. Itā€™s got lots to it that any mixer can play off and in my opinion, easy to tailor to your palate.

Kentucky, Iā€™ve only tried randomly at the end of a tasting session when my wick already had another juice on it. So my findings were not exact but it seemed hopeful. I really have to give it a proper taste and make some notes soon. Will post findings here.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Excellent. Good info, thanks noob!

Thatā€™s what I love about tobaccos. Being able to fine tune a percentage to find out how it changes the profile. Sometimes a 1% kick up or down puts it right in the wheelhouse.

I love blending different tobacco flavors. I usually start with a Hangsen tobacco, as the ā€˜backboneā€™ and then add low percentages of other tobaccos, to alter the personality just a bit. I never get tired of that.

Jimā€™s NET success is lighting a fire under me, to get back into NETs. I did a few attempts, but my methods were too aggressive. I put the tobacco & Everclear in a blender, and then gave them a couple of 12 hr baths at 150 degrees. I ended up with too much fine particulate, to filter out properly. Next time, Iā€™ll be more gentle with it.

2 Likes

P&C is having a 20% off sale on Peter Stokkebye until the end of September. Awesome deal.

This is a great way to figure out what tobacco you will like; quality tobacco at a low price; one ounce is all you need. They have some great non-aromatic choices and English tobaccos from which to choose. One of my favorites so far, is the P.S. 306 English Oriental Supreme. :grinning: It has just enough Latakia in the mix to make things interesting while providing a wonderfully satisfying full flavored vape.

Smokingpipes.com is still on with their 15% off Cornell & Diehl tobacco.

https://m.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/cornell-diehl/bulk/

Your Virginia, Black Cavendish, Cavendish are going to be on the sweet side of things, so the Burley and Latakia family is where your punch is going to be located. Iā€™m slowing learning about Perique blends, but depending on the cut and mix of the Perique, it can go either way. Most common Perique is ā€œArcadian Periqueā€; i.e. Blended with Green River Kentucky Burley.

The Arcadian Perique I just bottled has a sweet/sour, musty, earthy and slightly pungent peppery quality to it which blends well with my Virginia; wonderful throat hit, in part to the Virginia being macerated in PGA.

2 Likes

We all live and learn! :wink: Iā€™ve made many goofs myself.

For me, the most successful way of a PGA maceration to start off is, heating the PGA to 150 degrees, topping the tobacco with the warm PGA and then sending it off to the steep closet for a month. A slight roll of the tobacco in the jar every week to notice color changes is about all the agitation I provide during the process. The rest of the filtering process is a bit of a drag, but boy, it provides a clean extract. :grinning: Very much worth the hassle.

Iā€™m a bit of a lazy butt most of the time, so PG macerations are typically my thing. But, I do have some Bengal Slices (both PGA and PG solvent mixes) which are due for filtering any day now! :kissing_heart::dash:ā€¦canā€™t wait.

http://www.pipesandcigars.com/mobile/pipe-tobacco/100142/bengal-slices/#p-194970

2 Likes

Probably my first really good tobacco recipeā€¦

2 Likes

That looks good ā€¦ But I am not familiar with Maxx Blend or 7 Leavesā€¦ Lol.

it my favorite tobacco taste liqua american tobaccoo
and am trying to diy one from tfa flavours but i cant find the flavor who lead me to this taste

Ohm's Georgian Nights

Ingredient %
Bavarian Cream (LA) 1.25
Black Cigar (VZ) 1.2
Glory (FA) 0.75
Honey (FA) 0.15
Juicy Peach (CAP) 2.2
Madagascar (Vanilla Classic) (FA) 1.2
Mild Seven SC 1.75
Peach (INAWERA) 1.5

Flavor total: 10%

60 vg/40 pg 4.5mg

Just made this for my new ICare(love that little stealhy thing) as i donā€™t realy vape that high pg or nic but in the ICare its fine. So disclaimer this has not steeped yet but i think it should be great!

1 Like

That looks like it will be an awesome vape. :grinning:Of all the fruits out there, I was always partial to a peach or apricot vape.

2 Likes

Hey thanks!!

I love your bust a nut recipie, Iā€™m curious what kind of tobacco flavour and the % :grin:

Flavorwest 555 @ 2%

Thanks for shearing your tobacco recipes. Here you mixed all flavors in this recipes. But if you want more than details about tobacco, then you visit our site.:slight_smile:

Yeah those recipes were getting a little woolly, thanks!

CAW! Salutations from across the Realms to my realm traveling brethren! Special greetings to those who like Tobacco flavor e-liquids! :slight_smile: I spent four months developing my ā€œYardByrdā€™s ā€œWildcardā€ Virgina Fire Cured Tobaccoā€ recipe. :wink: I hope others will like and enjoy it! :thumbsup:

http://tjek.nu/r/76xj

:peace: :heart: :bird: & CAW!

2 Likes

I have a couple of Captain Black Cherry cigar flavours made with 2 different tobaccos, check 'em out.

Cherry Piper:

Cherry Captain Black Cigar:

They taste almost the same once steeped, but the Cherry Piper tastes better from the initial mixing and Keurig bath I give each of my liquids.

I make a Keurig cup of water and put the liquid bottle in it after shaking. Then when nearly cool, remove and shake it again for a minute at vape it. Works great, gets the ingredients to mix pretty thoroughly.

Wanted to make a coffee based tobacco recipe with a twist
Well got the twist
If I was to sell this it would not be to a vape shop but Debenhams perfume department, its gross
Can anyone see why this tastes like a perfume as I thought it would be ok
Not sure Steeping is going to help this and donot think any additions will help, think its one for the bin

Your recipe is marked as private so no one can se it.