Vanilla custard

Ive been thinking about checking out some of the new honeys, my only honey experience smelled like cat piss, Honey TFA.

INW, LA x2, FLV, HA
All these guys have honeys worth checking out
Them days of cat piss are over, brother!

1 Like

Lorann has a good honey?

Two of them…honey and honey clover

2 Likes

Well shit, ill have to look into them. Im one of the few who like many of the LA flavorings that do not contain coloring.

Thank you!

3 Likes

I am getting the floral note mentioned by @Kinnikinnick in this thread. But it is very faint. Based on my other recipe using it I expect that will mellow out. I guess this recipe will be the test to be able to tell him how long before it does. This is definitely a steeper. I am going to bottle it into a 4oz Amber bottle and tuck it away into the closet for a couple months.

1 Like

Thanks for the input, i was wondering if other people would confirm Jims thoughts. Ill probably wait and see what y’all say after its been cured.

I sent @therabidweasel a sample of this juice. It was just made a week and a half ago. I will test it next and reply back after a late dinner :wink:

Cream'n' a Lil Honey

Ingredient %
Cream Cheese Icing (LA) 2
Cream Fresh (FA) 1
Honey (FA) 0.5
Honey Bee (Flavorah) 0.75
Malted Milk (TPA) 1
Marshmallow (TPA) 2
Meringue (FA) 1
New York Cheesecake (CAP) 1.5
Sweet Cream (CAP) 2
Vanilla Custard (Flavorah) 2.5
Vanilla Shisha (INAWERA) 1
Vienna Cream (FA) 3

Flavor total: 18.25%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
3 Likes

@Ken_O_Where - That Cream’n’ a Lil Honey is kinda funny how it turned out. I wouldn’t have expected the Honey to come through as well as it has in that mix. I can still taste a slight floral note. But it doesn’t seem as strong as the Nutty Cuss recipe I just made. I kind of like it actually. But this recipe is a steeper as well. So I will keep ya posted.

1 Like

Have you vaped it around anyone who gave you any feedback on the smell?

1 Like

Looks delicious. Im a bit of a honey connoisseur. I have a rather large stockpile of it and buy it, raw honey, every place i visit around the country. The subtle difference in flavor, from the plants fed on by the bees, makes each one very unique. That TFA really freaked me out and never looked into another. Looks like i have some ordering to do.

2 Likes

I have the INW and love it

1 Like

No, I just made that recipe. I haven’t vaped much of it yet. My gf’s daughter will be around tonight. I will let her try it. She is my lil taste tester.

Ken, we used to have lots of beehives. Plus my dad planted lots of flowers and fruit trees along with a huge garden. My dad had the best honey I have ever tasted and people pre-ordered it to where we only had enough left for ourselves as soon as he pulled the honey. People sell clover honey, raspberry honey, lilac, etc around here. I have tried a lot of them. The honey we had was so tangy it almost made you pucker. I am pretty sure it was because of thr huge variety of flowers available to the hives. I have yet to find anything close to how good it was. I used to chew on the honeycomb that was left over after mom strained the honey off. So good!

1 Like

me too … :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

FW vanilla custard arrived today…ima whip together a single real quick…guess I’ll do a 10% and see how it is in 30 days…

EDIT: after looking it up, I’ll be mixing a 15%

3 Likes

Always love to hear thoughts about any vanilla custard! :grinning:

1 Like

I just did my first Vanilla Custard yesterday. I vape a retail Vanilla/Custard that’s delicious. I buy it in bulk and get it 2 days after its been made. Its delicious from the first day i get it, but even better steeped a month or two but hell on my coils. So I keep seeing people say that VC must be steeped yet retail juice isn’t. What are they doing, that DIY’rs aren’t? Any idea?

1 Like

It is all about personal preference. If you take that stuff you buy and put it in a dark cool place for a month id be willing to bet that it would taste even better. I can vape the stuff i make right after i make it and still like it a lot BUT after a month it is incredible.

4 Likes

My absolute favorite custard of all is made by the Vape Kitchen.It is called Bad Mother Custard and it is delicious the day it arrives but man after a month it is phenomenal.I can also shake and vape a custard but all that I have ever bought or mixed gets much better after at least two weeks minimum.

2 Likes

Now that is how you write a description for a liquid:

The mother of all custard. Need we say more? We start with USP grade VG infused with Madagascar vanilla. That’s right! Vanilla VG made in our kitchens. We then add that to our creamy, rich custard base consisting of 3 different vanillas, 2 complex caramels, 4 different cream/milk compounds and a touch of spice.

Now i want to try it…

My plain custard used to have multiple vanillas but then i found Medicine Flower and dropped the three i was using to just the one., Some caramel, MF vanilla, Cheesecake (LA) and VC V1, mmmmmm. Pretty good base for fruits too. Ive been thinking of adding just a dash of nutmeg or even eggnog as grannys custard use to have nutmeg on top and the eggnog flavoring i use has it.

4 Likes