VG vs VG does it really matter whose

I buy the Capella Cool Mint, Sweet Stawberry and Vanilla Custard in the 4 Oz Bottles because those are the ones I burn through mixing like a lunatic.

According to their websites, Nicotine River and Liquid Barn sell the same VG (Musim Mas), which is Palm based, same Nicotine too ( Nic Select).
From what I can tell from reading this thread, it seems as if this is the best VG available, is that correct?
Iā€™m not interested so much in price, I just want the very best quality.

2 Likes

in my opinion yes , i first bought from LB then ECX now NR

+1 on NR
you can try nude nicotine, its very good but you have to pay a bit more for it.
do yourself a favor and get a sample of 100mg nude nicotine
https://www.nudenicotine.com/product/nicotine-sample-request/

1 Like

VG or glycerin is a waste byproduct of biodiesel production, and lately the market has been somewhat depressed. In fact, there is currently only one major producer of VG left in the USA. Nevertheless, glycerin is still used in a range of different industries, including surface science, personal care, antifreeze, and the food industry. Knowing where to buy glycerin is the first step in creating quality products.

1 Like

Weā€™re just gonna leave this hereā€¦ If anyone has questions let us know! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes, I have a questionā€¦thanks.

Iā€™ve heard recently the following claims -

1. All VG is a by product of bio-diesel production
  2. There is only 1 VG manufacturer

To your knowledge is there any truth to either of these statements?

3 Likes

Super sorry for the delayed response my friend. Weā€™ve been contacting our supplier to figure out some information!

We ourselves know for a fact there are multiple VG manufacturers. You can easily tell the difference in taste, color, and viscosity of the product itself.

In regards to the VG being related to bio-diesel production. This is the question that stumped us for a bit. We have never heard anything of the sort before and neither has our supplier of the product. So, in regards to that question our team is going to say no since we canā€™t find any evidence to support it.

We hope this helps!

3 Likes

I can answer the question posed by @SthrnMixer, even though I have a feeling it was a rhetorical one.

1. itā€™s not.
  2. thereā€™s not.
    Sorry to butt in but I hope this helps :grin: :
2 Likes

Thank you very much. The information is only academic for me anyway - well, and to prove a point to the relentless know-it-alls who try to sound all ā€œofficialā€ with their claims. Iā€™m very satisfied with the response you gave and appreciate the time you took answering me.

@DrChud thanks. Wasnā€™t rhetorical really. More of a neener neener to someone who probably wonā€™t even read this :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Glad we could help you!

2 Likes

Either way I liked the way it was put lol :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Where can I buy 100 % rapeseed vg that you speak of ?

1 Like

@fidalgo_vapes So what was you final determination?

1 Like

im unsure exactly what i said lol , but i did detemine long ago that NR and LB imo have the best VG that i have tried , and come to find out they both use the Musim Mas VG , the difference is NR i cheaper ā€¦ Since i order more from NR i buy from them ā€¦ hope that helps

5 Likes

Thanks. I am still finding it hard to believe there is that much difference between essential depot and others (palm based).

3 Likes

Fwiw Essential depot website shows 55 gal. drums are from musim mas. Gal. jugs are showing from Malaysia/Indonesia as country of origin. Which I believe is Musim mas.

3 Likes

then there should be no difference , the only possible way there is a difference is the waybit is stored or packaged , some ways can lead to condensation which can make the VG go bad , ive had VG go bad from being stored in a super hot storage facility , but if essential depot is getting the musim mas VG then its no different than LB or NR i also like nicotine wholesalers VG , at one time ECX vg seemed to change my mixes in a negative way but that could have been a bad batch , you will notice that most companies sell Musim Mas VG now and most PG is from DOW

4 Likes

I agree, and I trust what you are saying! There is a good reason I donā€™t by repackaged flavors. For the same reason there could be differences in vg as well. So now out of curiosity I guess I will have to check it out for myself!

3 Likes

Almost forgot!
Sad to report that I did pic up both PG and VG from Liquid barn. Both were sweater and did not carry the harshness the the Essential brand had.
This is quite inexplicable and disappointing.

(Sad because I prefer using Amazon)

5 Likes