Whiterose Custom Mod Thread!

sent you a request

So that was not really a success… it should be stated in the specifications that it doesn’t regulate voltage but the duty cycle only… I mean it’s nothing to complain about but as i said in the fb post… i expected the “i” in iPWM to be a bit more “i”.
However… man, this NLPWM is a great board but the fire button pisses me off a little. When you look at the board there is a lot of wasted space but on the other hand it is really nice to have the 510 connections all on top of the board and close to the 510.
I’ve been thinking about a 2nd fire button on the opposite side but I’m not sure if that wouldn’t make the handling a bit awkward but I’m not a big fan of actuators. I want a mod i can use for years but a tactile fire button will wear out eventually and replacing it is hard work or even impossible.

yeah, i saw…he also stated that no PWM regulates, but thats not true…the Smart PWM v2.2 has an output voltage lock. Just sayin…

also, i added you to 2 FB groups!!

Absolutely beautiful

So, had an hour to kill so thought id do as you said @Whiterose0818 and make something a bit chunkier to try out the new Lipo pwm, twisted 30 SS, Claptoned in 36 SS, then twisted with 28 Ni, 9 wraps 3.5mm id, .22ohms on the duel, fml brother you werent kiddin, i only turned the dial up to 45 and I choked! The vapour production is immense! And the flavour?!?..fuck! Lmao …awesome

10 Likes

Why mix nickel and stainless?

no discernible reason I can think of…it’s what was in…works really well though…?

Is it frowned upon?

Nickel or NiChrome?

1 Like

My personal opinion only - nickel should only be used in TC. I won’t use it period but if I did that’s the only way. Because the TCR for Nickel and SS are so drastically different, in wattage mode it would seem that nickel could be getting hotter than you really want it to. Again, just my opinion. I guess what I’m saying is if it doesn’t provide anything you can’t get with another strand of stainless then what’s the point, right?

2 Likes

well, it was there, I was just trying it out, I’m really low on wires at the moment I haven’t given my building any effort for aaages as all my focus has been on my review stuff, but I trust your knowledge on the subject, are you saying I shouldn’t use it?..coz it’s working great?..I don’t want it to be dangerous though?..I just didn’t have anything thick enough in SS to twist it with and that’s all I had from one of those UD box sets…

Nichrome…?..ok you’re both starting to worry me now…

No, I’m saying I wouldn’t use it. I’m saying that IMO, mixing two TC wires that have vastly different TCR and melting points doesn’t make sense to me. Of course there’s the possibility I’m full of baloney and don’t know what I’m talking about. Maybe some others with more knowledge can weigh in.

1 Like

I would not fire Nickel in any thing but TC mode. I quit using it a long time ago because I just don’t like the taste. I prefer 316L SS

see I thought Nichrome was ok in VW, it was just Ti and Nickle that was TC only?..

But again…my knowledge is sketchy…be thankful for other opinions also…

@Pugs1970
Is that build made with nickel or nichrome?
Answer that!

1 Like

Just did brother…up there ^ lol…Nichrome

1 Like

Nichrome is fine…carry on.
Nickel shouldn’t be used at all, not even in TC. That’s my opinion.
But nichrome is fine in VW

4 Likes

To be clear, this whole time I was referring to Nickel and I thought you were too.

2 Likes

sorry dude, I just said Ni…I don’t know what the official abbreviations are, my bad…at least I’m not going to die now…which is kinda cool :+1: lol

4 Likes