Working Xcube 2 update software and Tutorial

I’m gonna send it back man . Or cut my loses and trash it . I followed the same steps as we’re laid out . The box is faulty . I’m done with it . Thanks for your help though . I have spent enough time fighting with this thing .

2 Likes

I’m sorry man, that sucks! You can always hit up madvapes for warranty service?
Or our good man @SthrnMixer? I would do the same thing too, if I had the time haha

2 Likes

If you decide to trash it let me work something out with you. I’ve heard horror stories about post-sale service from SMOK but your vendor may well refund your purchase price…I dunno

2 Likes

Itll cost me half of what I paid for it to get it shipped out …I’m gonna play around with it a bit more in a few days when I’m slightly less annoyed with it . Between making juice , rebuilding and regular life …I don’t have much more time to waste on Smok garbage

1 Like

Fair enough. Well if you do decide it’s garbage and you’re done with it, I’ll still take it and send you a shipping label. Of course that wouldn’t be a round trip ticket :slight_smile: Just one way. No rush though. I hope you crack the code!

3 Likes

Dont know why, but my Koopor mini will run in tc mode with SS stock Crown coil and stays in tc mode wtih no problems so far. I know it"s not suppose to but it doe’s.
Running at 480F right now.

3 Likes

OK! I might try with a fresh 0.25o SS coil at some point then…

1 Like

That’s right, and it will do the same with Ti wire as well. Works great. I run usually around 450 degrees in my Crown and RBA…

1 Like

Will it protect the cotton in the SS stock coil when it go’s dry?

Does it read the resistance correctly? I have a 0.25o coil in, which my ohm meter reads at 0.28, but the Koopor Plus reads it at 0.33o - at one point it read it cold as 0.38 - I can’t get it low enough using adjust ohms… Which is why I think it jumps out of TC…

Reads at .27

Seems to be doing it with Ti. You’ll have to see for yourself on that one. Never tried the SS wire. It could differ from Ti. I’m guessing it will at 480 degrees but as I said, you better see yourself since I’m only guessing…

1 Like

I just took the Crown apart, screwed the coil in again, put it on the Koopor Plus, it read at 0.3o and I could dial it all the way down to 0.25o - now it stays in TC mode… Odd!

1 Like

Settings-- TCR 00080–Aio 0027 I can adjust my Aio from .200 to .321 and I think that sets your resitance of the coil. Could be wrong though.

Sorry mines in nickel mode not Ti

Never had the mini jump out of TC mode thus far. It does read the ohms pretty closely though. Comparing to the IPV4s, within .04 ohms. Never tried dialing in since who knows which mod has the correct ohm reading. You know how that goes…

Up, down and sideways. I did another build today. 24ga 7 wraps, 2.5mm id dual. My ohm meter has taken a crap on me so I used my 2 eVics to get a reading. They only will show the 100th of an ohm and one showed .18 and the other .19. The xCube showed .21. So I tried it at .21 and it went to watts rather quickly. I tried 18.5. Same thing. The only setting I could get any length of time in TC mode was .17. Even at that it would still pop to wattage mode after a few pulls. Then it occurred to me. If TC is working at all, and I set temp to 200F, I should get little if any vapor. I got tons.At 200 it’s sending a good bit of power to the coils. So I then began changing TCoR between the lowest of .0005 and .0015 in .00005 increments along a wattage range of the lowest it will allow you to set in SS mode, .163 and up to .215, each time testing at 200F. Each time I got plenty of vapor. So I’ve concluded that either my wire is not as labeled or the mod is malfunctioning in SS mode. Out of curiosity I strung up the TF-R1 with 26ga SS, 5 wraps. Tested again. This time it will stay in TC mode, but it doesn’t function properly. I again played with watts (left TCoR alone and yes, was in SC mode) and while it was indeed vaping, I could never get it to properly work in TC mode as Ti does. Now I got both the 24 and 26ga wire from the same source. I think I need to find another source for SS wire and retry this in order to rule out wire and point toward the mod. My gut is telling me its the wire.

1 Like

Just a thought, are we getting the correct wire that the mod will read when we buy our wire, or , are the mods set for inferior wire thus giving wrong reading/settings etc… ? Just a thought!

Anytime I hear this my thought is what wire are you using. This can be fixed but many choose not to.

I have one question… where is your TCoR set right now. This is not a user’s issue, this is a Smok issue. Most people know where the TCoR should be set… but where you set the mod isn’t there. This mod doesn’t read the correct resistance either so how could the TCOR be right?

@DarthVapor I’ve heard you say several times that you don’t have any issues with the xcube. You run it in vv/vw right. Both of mine run good like that too.

This mod is a piece of shit and much too difficult to operate. All these functions are not necessary to achieve TC. Only Smok has these requirements. To blame all the b.s. on user error is a joke.

2 Likes

I agree with @Pro_Vapes the cube cant even read a coil’s ohm correctly so how can it set anything else correctly.
If ppl are using it just for vv/vw then buy an i-stick.
I bought mine to use temp control and it can’t do that without an hour of pissing about with it. The best of it is while I’m mucking about with the cube, I’m vaping my e vic mini in tc with no problems. :thinking:

2 Likes