Yestival with Yes, Carl Palmer, and Todd Rundgren

Cats’ outta the bag …

3 Likes

Funny you would say that. I have seen more concerts that I can remember, mostly rock, many hairbands, some jazz, and even Jefferson Starship. House lights went down, show started, singing was happening, but no singer on stage, turned out he was in the row behind us with a trenchcoat, hat, glasses, no one knew !!!

Diehard RUSH fan from the 70’s and up, so basically every RUSH show within driving distance was a regular thing. Almost every heavy rock show as well, but that genre crush didn’t stop me from seeing MJ, Elton, Heart, Benatar, Jovi, and the list goes on.

What WERE the super duper stand out, never going to see anything like them ever again shows ???

Hard, …

RUSH - Farewell To Kings Tour
Pink Floyd - The Wall Tour
Joe Satriani - Flying in a Blue Dream Tour
Motley Crew - Shout at the Devil Tour
Scorpions - Animal Magnetism Tour
Larry Seals Quartet - Georgetown, DC
Genesis - Invisible Touch Tour

Soo many more, but those are the ones that stand out.

5 Likes

lol sorry had it sitting on my computer and couldn’t resist

6 Likes

LOL I had this one. Sorry @GPC2012

6 Likes

The Grateful Dead shows at RFK stadium in Washington DC were some of the Best shows I’ve ever seen :sunglasses:
20150616__CCT-DEAD101-06259

3 Likes

Somebody doesn’t think I’m funny sorry to hurt your feelings and I might add please remove the age discrimination comment please lmao :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

3 Likes

I know everybody knows this but
What happens when you play country music backwards?
Your dog comes home,
Your truck miraculously starts to run again
and your wife comes back.
The last one could be a problem if there has been more than half an hour since she left. anything longer than that the wife and GF are probably gonna fight now depending on whether they are in skimpy bikinis and there’s a tub of jello around this could turn out OK Providing they belong in skimpy bikinis. wolftongue

2 Likes

Bite me squirly

3 Likes

Very cool!!

2 Likes

Let it Ride…nice concert list GP

4 Likes

I’m drooling! :drooling_face: You have seen some amazing shows!! That’s an awesome story about Jefferson Starship!! I love it. What was the best part of the Yestival?

I wish I was about 21 years old in 1969 but only for the music and the cars…and the clothes! This is me at 21, just being a hippie in a tree!

5 Likes

That was such a cool thing to do!

3 Likes

Wow, another hard question. Probably the encore for Roundabout with Yes, and almost EVERY song that Carl Palmer did.

3 Likes

Jeez Cant you take a joke.

Nice pics @SessionDrummer . Concerts are always fun. I can’t list all I’ve seen either but this vid shows a few I have and a lot I would have loved to. Can you guess which??? :thinking:

5 Likes

[insert un-derail here] Yes! I think I saw them back in the late 70’s …I think
I was a big Rick Wakeman fan

4 Likes

Wakeman was amazing with them, and I had always heard that Steven Howe was rated one of the best guitarist in the world.
Thanks for getting this thread back on track.

Edit:

I found this on Wikipedia

Howe was voted “Best Overall Guitarist” in Guitar Player magazine five years in a row (1977–1981) and in 1981 was the first rock guitar player inducted into the Guitar Player Hall of Fame.

1 Like

green shirt holding a mod

1 Like

The other guy …

2 Likes

wrong answer

2 Likes