20-22 people linked to health related vaping problems:

Waiting with bated breath for the empirical data to support vaping as the cause of said respiratory illnesses. I suspect if there are actual ties to vaping it will turn out to be adulterated liquids or otherwise ingredients which should never be inhaled to begin with. Cynicism dictates however it will be blamed on all vaping products…excuse me…evil vaping products.

As for anecdotal evidence, that is available in abundance. Like with me. Before I started vaping I could hardly climb a set of stairs without becoming winded. My lungs whistled loudly enough to make falling asleep a problem. And I smelled like a stale campfire all the time. Now I can run, swim, hike and whatnot, lungs no longer whistle Dixie, and I smell like strawberries, caramel and all manners of yummy things.

Nuff said.

5 Likes

Just remember, belief is used to ignore facts.

2 Likes

This is starting to sound more and more like intentional poisoning. Especially since one of the deaths was from a retail purchase, but no others have occurred from the same source.

2 Likes

WTHR.com Indianapolis just reported a death due to vaping in Indiana today. Of course, NO information on what happened or what actually took place, but they CERTAINLY are hyping the story because it is supposedly related to vaping. I just don’t understand how, or why a national news station would report a story without any evidence. But they used the term “vaping” every chance they could. My opinion is it very well could have been something bought on the street. What ever the real cause, its NOT going to help our cause.

2 Likes

Way back, before my time, a Newsman (no apologies - that’s what they were called back then) had integrity and it was important to them. They had editors and fact checkers and they wouldn’t break a story unless they had high confidence in their facts. I guess now they’re really not competing against each other in terms of being a respected and trusted news source, just the quickest one that can get at the top of the Google feed. Facts and integrity no longer factor in.

5 Likes

That’s very true , and unfortunately, on personal levels too!

2 Likes

I’ve heard that said before. Are you really Donald Trump posting as “Pap”? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

The condition is called Echolalia. There is a good chance I misspelled it. I am the world’s worst speller. The art never interested me. It is also very prevalent in autism, my wife’s other specialty field. I’m sure she married me as a test subject. Again, within the text that I used it there was sarcasm and condemnation. Most folks have no excuse for parroting hyperbolic news blurbs. Ok, disclaimer there too, IMHO. Sorry that’s the best I can do regarding PC. Regardless, to keep it simple, I do believe we are on the same page here. Sorry to send you on an wild goose chase.

2 Likes

After a couple of really shit articles, possibly from the US version, the guardian finally gives a sensible report in the UK

4 Likes

lmao and they had a death or 2 in the UK already… WTG!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, I am just grateful about the more reasonable tone.
I am all on the side of precaution and I am certain some of the compounds we inhale, even staying on the conservative side with flavours, are less than ideal.
The scaremongering articles around seem to have been based on shortcuts and incorrect information.

3 Likes

What’s the latest on this vape scare then.? Bad batch of Base mix or Flavourings.? Maybe a disgruntled employee contaminated something. Excessive vaping.? Or are they just really not safe.?

1 Like

Read the 35 thousand articles about it if you read the news.

4 Likes

Apparently some individuals have decide to start vaping synthetic marijuana aka Spice or K2. By adding or vaporizing these black market pods. They have caused respiratory failure &/or seizures.
Unfortunately Fake News has decide to unfairly place the blame on Vaping.

6 Likes

Few articles I have read doesnt give any info other than its vape related.

2 Likes

That would make sense. But fuck me. That many people vaping spice. I thought you could grow ye own 6 plants legally over there now.

2 Likes

According to CASSA…
"While federal officials are unable to point to a specific brand or contaminant in the samples they’ve received so far, reports from health departments in CA, NM, NY, PA, UT, and WI link the lung illness to unlicensed THC oil. The tragic death in Oregon is currently the only case where a THC cartridge was purchased from a licensed retailer.

To date, none of the cases of lung illness are being linked to a legal, commercially available nicotine vapor product. According to an article in the New York Times, “Public health officials have underscored one fundamental point: that the surge in illnesses is a new phenomenon and not merely a recognition of a syndrome that may have been developing for years.” In other words, these cases of lung illness are unlikely to be a result of long-term use of vapor products."

Key phrase here “unlicensed THC oil”

5 Likes

I like to see that added, good to see. Not a complete H8Vape piece.

3 Likes

Amen my friend! I was on an inhaler. Constant wheezing at bed time. Out of breath in a heart beat. And good God, if I tried to shovel snow the winter air would send me into convulsive coughing fits. That’s all gone to include the inhaler. Doc says “Wow, your moving a lot of air”, when he listens to my chest. My car might actually have some resale value. I don’t have all dark brown walls in my home. No more “hot” burns in my shirts. The list goes on. Unfortunately, you can’t do anything about the politician that is struggling to get something on their resume saying they did something for re-election. You can’t bribe the gooberment with the amount of money huge corporations bribe the gooberment with. Grey market work arounds are the best approach at this point.

8 Likes

Problem is, technically it is vaping that is to blame.

Of course, it is not the hobby; it is from vaping things all of us have long known to be a bad thing and avoided. Cripes, one of the first things I read about vaping years ago when I started was not to ever vape oils. I did not have to be told to avoid buying my juice from my heroin dealer though. Common sense…

This actually pisses me off as much as the anti-vape brigade and the government interference. Long now has the anti-brigade been desperately looking for a major legitimate weapon to use against vaping. And idiots buying these terrible oil pods and getting sick have given them a very powerful weapon. 1% of vapers making 100% of vapers look bad.

8 Likes