20-22 people linked to health related vaping problems:

Examples?its how gov pads stats its bin like that since the 80s probably before .If you smoke its smoking related beceause you smoke.if you drink its alcohol related beceause you are a drinker of alcohol…

3 Likes

The reason I ask is due to having several family members die of smoking related illness. Anyone involved in their care refused to lay the blame on smoking. “It could be anything” So it seems they’re more likely to shave numbers rather than padding them. It helps them excuse taking billions of dollars from those industries.

4 Likes

I think they want more smoking deaths rather then less,I mean look at all the lies comming out about vaping.When they know it doesn’t cause lung problems at all.yet the propaganda still being pushed …
It helps Jack up the prices of those things beceause there deemed harmful… so they tax them hard core.maybe controll them for safety…idk ,there are plenty of people that die of heart disease and cancers and other (smoking related) things that have never smoked…i guess what I mean is other things can cause those things aswell as smoking …
But I’m no expert, but I do know how corrupt this world is.
But that’s just my oponion

2 Likes

Fog of War ? Hard to tell, as the white-coat orating is short on details … and long on speculations:

(September 3, 2019): “Oregon Has Its First Death Linked to Vaping”; Wilamette Week

The association implied is to possibility of causation by some (unidentified) vape-able Cannabis product.

Other Sources:

A middle-age Oregonian died in July from severe lung disease after vaping cannabis, Oregon health officials said Tuesday. … The Oregon victim … had vaped at some point in the three months before hospitalization. The person vaped cannabis products, state health officials said, as did many of those who fell ill in other states. … The disease is so new that experts don’t have the data to say much about it with confidence. “It’s still a huge puzzle," Thomas said. "Hopefully we’ll know more in the next few weeks.”

The Oregon Health Authority said the person, who died back in July, recently used an e-cigarette or vaping device with a cannabis product they bought at an Oregon shop.

Investigators from the OHA Public Health Division reported that the man had “recently used an e-cigarette or vaping device” bought from a cannabis dispensary.

1 Like
4 Likes

Woo Hooooo @InspectorVape, you had me at …

Journalists And Health Officials Finally Focus On Fake THC Carts Amid Crisis

4 Likes

SAN FRANCISCO—Unregulated cannabis vaporizer cartridges tainted with a potentially deadly lung toxin have hospitalized seven people with pneumonia-like symptoms in Hanford, California, officials there reported Wednesday.

The cluster of tainted vape cart poisonings caused the Kings County public health department to issue a rare warning this week urging consumers to avoid buying cannabis e-cigarettes from unlicensed sellers. Street cannabis products are not subject to the rigorous testing that licensed products undergo in California.

4 Likes

(Rolling Stone, August 28, 2019): … Dank Vapes has been determined to contain various pesticides, according to lab testing conducted by the cannabis testing app Doja. … some common contaminants, according to the lab tests DankbustersOfficial has conducted alongside third-party cannabis testing company BelLabs, include pesticides like myclobutanil, a fungicide that, when vaporized, converts into hydrogen cyanide, a substance that is extremely toxic when inhaled and was used as a chemical weapon by the French army during World War I. … Lab testing of Pirzada’s patient’s cartridge revealed that it tested positive for not just THC, but also vitamin E. If inhaled, oils like Vitamin E can cause lipoid pneumonitis, a rare condition that results from fat particles being inhaled into the lungs, says Pirzada. When she submitted the results to the Department of Health, it informed her that there were two other cases of THC cartridges testing positive for vitamin E oil, though she says the cartridge is currently being retested for other substances.

3 Likes

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/health/michigan-becomes-first-state-to-ban-flavored-e-cigarettes/2019/09/03/34f234c6-ce4c-11e9-8c1c-7c8ee785b855_story.html?noredirect=on#comments-wrapper

2 Likes

Just watched Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s gesticulations in a remarkably “breathless and brainless” interview appearance on the MSNBC Morning Joe program. My politics lean towards what many might call “far left” - but the rapidity and rank stupidity with which prohibition-happy folks (of any political ilk) jump into ritualized demonization campaigns bereft of rational sense seems genuinely dangerous. One might think that some of these pontificating and pompous fools could find the time to address genuine scourges - such as the violent and deadly usage of firearms against innocents, insidious and often secretive environmental pollutions, idiotic bellicose psychopathic presidents so bereft of moral and ethical decency and basic sanity that they would speak of and treat humans like animals and deport the seriously ill. Sickening assholes. :exploding_head:

“It does not cover tobacco-flavored e-cigarettes.” Heh heh. Why not actual NETs, then (instead of who knows what potentially dubious chemicals, such as in the “classic tobacco” flavors that irritate my lungs). Personally, I would rather inhale (some) of the things that I smoked for 48 years than mystery molecules. Forcing consumers into buying (so-called) “tobacco” flavorings could (potentially) result in more “harms”. But that is what such sanctimonious idiots do - hurriedly legislate willy-nilly like mindlessly pandering fools. The dangers and harms surrounding THC-oils is in itself a predictable result of the prohibition/criminalization of Cannabis - and the heavy taxation of related products in “legal” states drives (still) ~80% illicit markets.

4 Likes

I had a friend pass this weekend. He was happy to see me take up
vaping over cigarettes and continued to ask if I had stayed the
course. I’m sure his heart attack was related to my vaping.

3 Likes

Indeed, had you eschewed Satan’s Clouds of Glycolic Confusion and Moral Terpitude entirely instead, he might well have lived 1,000 years, much like our immortal Dear Orange Baboon Leader, Emperor Rump.

2 Likes

An unfortuntately apt name, in the light of this news

Definition of dank

: unpleasantly moist or wet
a dank basement

Origin of dank

1350–1400; Middle English probably < Scandinavian; compare dialectal Swedish dänka, Norwegian dynke “to moisten,” cognate with Old Norse dǫkk “water hole”
DANK Definition & Usage Examples | Dictionary.com

Choose the Right Synonym for dank

wet, damp, dank, moist, humid mean covered or more or less soaked with liquid. wet usually implies saturation but may suggest a covering of a surface with water or something (such as paint) not yet dry. slipped on the wet pavement damp implies a slight or moderate absorption and often connotes an unpleasant degree of moisture. clothes will mildew if stored in a damp place dank implies a more distinctly disagreeable or unwholesome dampness. a prisoner in a cold, dank cell
Dank Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

3 Likes

Could you please also psychoanalyze the semantic tendrils of my “Cookies, London Pound Cake Hybrid” ?

2 Likes

hmm.i dunno, maybe you expect it to vaporise rapidly (like GBP in the face of Brexit)? but seriously, that one just doesn’t appeal to my warped sense of humour, like “dank vape” does

2 Likes

(Washington Post; September 5, 2019):
Contaminant found in vaping products linked to deadly lung illnesses, state and federal labs show

The chemical is an oil derived from vitamin E. Investigators at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration found the oil in cannabis products in samples collected from patients who fell ill across the United States. … That same chemical was also found in nearly all cannabis samples from patients who fell ill in New York in recent weeks, a state health department spokeswoman said. … The oil derived from the vitamin, known as vitamin E acetate, is commonly available as a nutritional supplement and is used in topical skin treatments. … The FDA also told state officials Wednesday that its lab tests found nothing unusual in nicotine products that had been collected from sick patients, according to another person who took part in the call. … State and federal health authorities have said they are focusing on the role of contaminants or counterfeit substances as a likely cause of vaping-related lung illnesses. Many patients have told officials and clinicians that they bought cannabis products off the street. Many of those who have fallen ill say they have vaped products containing marijuana, but some also used traditional nicotine e-cigarettes. Many report using both. Authorities said they are not ruling out adulterants in nicotine vaping products. … The FDA is analyzing sample for a broad range of chemicals, including nicotine, THC, other cannabinoids, “cutting agents” that may be used to dilute liquids, other additives, pesticides, opioids, poisons and toxins. … The FDA analyzed 12 viable nicotine samples and 18 viable THC products, state officials said. Vitamin E acetate was found in 10 of the 18 THC products. … The federal lab results seem to confirm findings from New York State. Late last week, its lab found “very high levels of vitamin E acetate in nearly all” its cannabis samples tested. More than a dozen cannabis samples were tested, a health department spokeswoman said Thursday. At least one vape product containing vitamin E acetate has been linked to each patient who submitted a product for testing, the department said. … Vitamin E acetate is basically grease, said Michelle Francl, a chemistry professor at Bryn Mawr College. Its molecular structure means that “you have to heat it up pretty hot” for it to vaporize. Its boiling point is 363 degrees Fahrenheit, which is well above the 212 degrees F boiling point for water, and nearly four times higher than normal human body temperature. … Once the oil is heated hot enough to vaporize, it can potentially decompose and “now you’re breathing in who-knows-what,” Francl said. … Laura Crotty Alexander, a lung inflammation and e-cigarette researcher at the University of California in San Diego, said it’s not clear whether the chemical itself or its byproducts could be toxic.

Referenced (and sub-referenced) documents:

https://www.health.ny.gov/press/releases/2019/2019-09-05_vaping.htm

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nysdoh/sets/72157710703391248/

Vitamin E Acetate (an Acetic Acid ester) is usually (unless one acquires the more rare and expensive purified Alpha Isomer, which is the sole bio-active form following hepatic metabolism) made up of mixed tocopherols (alpha, beta, gamma, and delta) - which (without any doubt) complicates any toxicological analyses/speculations. I would not expect much of anything in the way of definitive information to emerge.

3 Likes

The only reason our commodester in chief is still around is
because he’s snorting Adderall and his body doesn’t realize it’s
dead yet.

2 Likes

I doubt if a mild amphetamine (such as Adderall) could meaningfully resurrect much in the way of cognition in this physiologically moribund and psychologically depraved character. His use of Propecia (to keep those chemical orange locks of Elvis fuzz from falling out all over the place on his pillow and Oval Office carpet, and perhaps to ease a swollen Prostate gland) may possibly accentuate some of the following side-effect symptoms and characteristics:

In Summary

More frequent side effects include: impotence and decreased libido. See below for a comprehensive list of adverse effects.

More Common

• Chills
  • cold sweats
  • confusion
  • dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up from a lying or sitting position

Less Common

• Bloating or swelling of the face, arms, hands, lower legs, or feet
  • breast enlargement and tenderness
  • hives or welts
  • itchy skin
  • rapid weight gain
  • redness of the skin
  • skin rash
  • swelling of the lips and face
  • tingling of the hands or feet
  • unusual weight gain or loss

Incidence Not Known

• Clear or bloody discharge from the nipple
  • dimpling of the breast skin
  • inverted nipple
  • lump in the breast or under the arm
  • persistent crusting or scaling of the nipple
  • redness or swelling of the breast
  • sore on the skin of the breast that does not heal

Source: https://www.drugs.com/sfx/propecia-side-effects.html

2 Likes

I just said it was keeping him alive, nothings going to increase his cognition. He definitely suffers from some of the side effects. Mostly bloating and confusion.

3 Likes

Another “libertarian sounding” (at least, until their own oxen might possibly get gored :rofl:) internet rag has published some smatterings of “common sense” - likely an enjoyable read for us Pro-Vaping insurgents:

Drug Warriors Ignore Basic Facts to Push the Vaping Scare - By legalizing products and keeping taxes low, consumers won’t have to turn to black markets in the first place

5 Likes