2020 Squonkers

What are the best single and dual batteries … regulated and mech mods in your opinion

6 Likes

You do know…:grimacing:

14 have perished so far! :cry:

j/k :kissing_heart:

14 Likes

Just got back home and now I’ve killed kittens? LOLOLOL

6 Likes

Dont think we have had one yet…

3 Likes

I’ve just ordered a dual topside which should have arrived days ago. Apparently that’s the bee’s knees at the moment but my first contact with a squonker so I have zero experience, just hoping for the best.

7 Likes

You could not have started with a better one. It is simplicity defined.

7 Likes

I love my topside dual. Had it for a few months worked flawlessly. Lots of chatter about the battery door taking a crap and veing worthless though. We shall see. Thought about getting a few more although they’re not cheap

4 Likes

I have the Lost Vape Drone squonker. I can’t say it’s the best because I haven’t used any others for comparison. But it’s powered by the EvolvDNA 250C chipset, and paired with any BF atomizer, you have one beast of a mod.

8 Likes

Wotofo stentorian ram mech squonk box is on sale for less than $15 at several locations, it’s probably 2 years old but still a great little mod for the price

7 Likes

I just ordered one. It’s scheduled to arrive Tuesday. I also bought a Innokin LiftBox Bastion squonk. It has an auto feed system. If you set it up right every draw you take draws juice. We’ll see. :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

I believe that’s all true with time, and is probably the one big flaw on the thing (except that mine is a huge green billboard, pretty plain!). My guess is if you know about the weakness, it can probably be mitigated for a while with a little caution when swapping cells. But I can see on mine that eventually that soft metal will wear down.

Same here. Everyone’s definition of ‘best’ is pretty subjective, but for me it’s ease of filling and lack of leaking. Others may not care about filling and just want high performance electronics or slick aesthetics. I’ve seen a lot of squonkers that I thought looked great, and had great reviews, but after the debacle of filling that POS GBOX, I had to put a fill system like the Topside at the top of the list due to the ease of filling method. I’m sure there are some real top shelf devices I just won’t ever try thanks to that GBOX.

4 Likes

Although I’ve yet to have any leaks after the squonk is installed, the fill process is a bit of a pain on mine. The silicone bottle dispenses liquid up the tube with even the slightest amount pressure, so tightening the fill cap requires a dainty touch. And I don’t do dainty too well. :smirk:

6 Likes

Neither do I! Fortunately there’s no need to touch the bottle on the TD when capping/filling. I really wish I didn’t have that stigma about other filling methods, because I do like aesthetics a lot, and the TD is quite like a woman wearing a box rather than a sun dress. A very plain, uninspiring looking design.

5 Likes

Yes, for sure. It takes some restraint to fill only to 2mm below the line where the bottle neck meets the silicone of the bottle. If you leave an air gap you have a small amount of forgiveness while screwing the tube and top in. Not forgiveness from causing some juice to leak, that’s probably still going to happen but that way you will likely spill less. I always wash and dry my hands before filling my silicone squonk bottle. I dry them with a paper towel. I don’t throw the towel away, I hold the semi wet paper in my hand while screwing the top back in so it catches any juice that wants to escape. Then I just move to another spot on the paper, still damp with water, and wipe the bottle gently so it has no juice residual. I never fill without having a damp paper towel. I’m sure that may be the deal breaker for many. Who is able to do anything Vape without paper towels, right :rofl:

5 Likes

Bingo. Yes. In life, I try to avoid as many pains in the ass as possible. True for vaping too!

Not my wife, that’s for dang sure.

7 Likes

My door finally went after a lot of use. A little tape does the trick :grin:

5 Likes

First, I love you all, second I still haven’t decided LOL

2 Likes

@authormichellehughes please don’t take my post to this thread as a suggestion. I am in no way endorsing either of the two I posted about. I was just answering back to a post above mentioning one I have on the way. I’ve not tried either so I certainly can’t endore them. Also the second one I posted isn’t really even a squonker. It’s an auto feed and has no squishy bottle to push on. My apologies if I mislead you.

3 Likes

No worries I’m just looking for a squonker for my elder dragon LOL

3 Likes

If $$$$ isnt an issue i would say SQtips 21700 squonker would be at the top of the list for me in regard to performance …BUT i also got my hands on the SQNKR by half moon mods, 20650 config, now this thing is a work of art, just beautiful the machining on this box is seamless yet ummm err ther is a seam somewhere :rofl: not to mention the performance. or you could settle for the topside single, dual in one form or another there are plenty of options out there …oh one more i feel i need to mention would be the geekvape Athena 18650 squonker tiny little box and hits like a machine… not a bad installment i must say…hope this helps…

7 Likes