22mm single coilers.... I'm in love šŸ’—

Got my Hermetic a couple of days ago. Vapeshop.sale did a fantastic job shipping this out right away. Purchase 6/20, arrived 6/24.
Iā€™m liking this now. The first day and 1/2 were meh but then it morphed into pretty damn good. Not sure why it had to be broken in as Iā€™ve used the same coils (staggered fused SS) and cotton that I put into the Elder Dragon but there you have it. I may try a simple fused clapton in there and see if it changes anything. A decent addition to the collection.

5 Likes

@Lostmarbles Try an inner diameter of 2.5 mm with the hermetic. That helped me with an better airflow and resulting improved flavor.
It help also my sensation with the airflow coming more from one side. With 3mm it felt ā€žweirdā€œ.
The difference between fused Clapton and regular Clapton was imo little.

5 Likes

Thanks Steve. I will give that a shot. Iā€™m used to 3mm being my standard ID coil so thatā€™s what I have on-hand at any given time. Itā€™s strange but if I donā€™t align the tip of my nose with the airflow opening on the RDA, I feel a strange disturbance in the force.
:rofl:
cats star wars fight

5 Likes

No other advice I can give.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve had quite a few RDAā€™s and RTAā€™s, always chased the flavour.

I know a lot of people hate on VGOD but this Pro Mech 2 and Elite RDA delivers the best flavour Iā€™ve ever had, probably due to the bottom airflow. For me, it was instantly 50% better than the Drop RDA as soon as I fired it up. It brought all my juices to life! Also just using cheap coils I got in an 80 pack for Ā£7 or something like that. Lasted me 2 months so far and vapes great. Due to the design of the deck, you drip straight onto the ends of the wicks, and over the coils. It wicks brilliantly.

5 Likes

My favorite 22mm Single Coiler is still the Envii Artisan. Itā€™s a rare gem that most people have never even heard of. @Steampugs did a great review of it here.

This thing is a flavor winner with really smooth airflow. Itā€™s easy to build and wick but you build it in an unconventional way.

It is an older tank but they can still be found pretty cheap. If you want to try something different I highly recommend it.

7 Likes

I believe in unicorns:

See whatā€™s on sale right now.

6 Likes

Damn, good find!

4 Likes

After your recommendation I had a look at some reviews for the artisan, and decided I needed one in my life! :grin: I found one for the princely sum of 14 British pounds and it is currently winging itā€™s way to me :smiley:

Edit
Ahhh dont tell the mrs!! :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Where was that from MrMatt? Might have to jump on that bandwagon :rofl:

4 Likes

https://www.thefogworks.co.uk/envii-artisan-rta

From these guys, not used them before and they only have the gold in stock but at the price I couldnā€™t say no!:grin:

3 Likes

The Fog Works are great, Iā€™ve used them a few times. Unbelievable bargains now and then.
Sadly I couldnā€™t live with a gold tank so Iā€™ll maybe look elsewhere.

6 Likes

Hahah I did wonder whether I could or not but Iā€™m planning to only use it at home :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

As far as 22mm single coiler RDAā€™s are concerned my favourite is the Coilart DPRO Mini.
I love a restricted DTL vape and all of the others that I tried were far too airy for me even the Hadaly with the airflow almost closed but this one is perfect and the flavour is top notch no matter what I put in it. It mostly sits on my HotCig RSQ squonker and they are a great little setup with just a small fused Clapton coil running at 20-30 watts. Iā€™m thinking of getting a Haku Venna next as I fancy trying one out but Iā€™m in no rush as Iā€™m happy with what I have now.

5 Likes

OK Brother Louie. Iā€™m taking your word for itā€¦

Me too. I thought I was a unicorn once, but just mixed up my meds. A story for another timeā€¦ Anyway, thanks for the great find. Bought a rose gold to sit on a bronze Katana.

8 Likes

I didnā€™t care for it. I donā€™t agree about the Elder Dragon suppressed bakery comment above either lol. We all use different juices and like different atomizers which is fine. I donā€™t like getting into ā€œWhich is betterā€¦ā€ arguments/debates. Whatā€™s best for me might not be for others. Iā€™ve yet to find another RDA that beats the Elder Dragonā€™s performance. The Tauren Solo came close but I really donā€™t like the way it squonks.

3 Likes

I think itā€™s fascinating how some people can detect things like that. Iā€™m not saying they are incorrect because we all have different vibes. But the only thing I can ever tell between attyā€™s is whether they seem to produce more or less flavor or vapor than others. In a lot of ways Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not quite that sensitive, to be honest.

12 Likes

Just out of interest @louiesquared what type of build/setup do you run in your artisan? I got mine a couple of days ago and have watched a few setup videos and run through a couple of different coils builds and setups but so far Iā€™m not wowed by it, itā€™s my first proper bottom air flow rta, and after hearing everyone rave about bottom airflow maybe my expectations were a little high. Iā€™m not saying itā€™s a total flop there is flavour there and the flavours good it just seems a little distant and makes me want to up my mix %, which I know to be good Iā€™ve tried it on my RDAs single and dual coil and in my Zeus x. Anyhow prob to much info like I say I was just wondering what coil types/placement you use in it, so far Iā€™ve tried a couple of different clapton builds, I even tried twisting one so it sat more over the main air holes in the deck bit that just twisted the wicking and cause a bit of s leak :crazy_face: I havenā€™t done any simple wire builds yetā€¦

5 Likes

I run either a dual core fused Clapton 26g wrapped with 36g or a triple core 30g wrapped with 40g. All SS316L. 3mm or 3.5mm inner diameter. I dont count how many wraps, I just make it the right width to fit the holes. I place it about 2mm above the deck. I get a warm and dense vape between 35 to 45 watts.

Excuse the dirty coil. I need to clean and re-wick. This is a tri-core 30/40 at 3.5mm ID.

7 Likes

Awesome thankyou @louiesquared. Iā€™ll have a bit more of a play, it is a quirky little beast and I do like it just need to find the sweet spot for it. Thanks again! :+1:

7 Likes