22mm single coilers.... I'm in love 💗

I got half my Jan order. Still waiting on the other half to ship. Go figger.

5 Likes

I got a couple of those Hermetic RDAs for three bucks each. They’re not bad but I really dislike anything where the airflow only comes from one side. It just feels strange to me. I might be a weirdo about stuff like that but o’well.

4 Likes

5 Likes

I always advise people to get a mech-like device before going fully mechanical. The Aspire Feedlink, Luxotic BF or Pico Squeeze are good ones for squonking. Mosfet I believe they’re called? They can learn how a mech functions but still be protected somewhat.

5 Likes

I had with 3.5 mm and 3 mm ID coils in the Hermetic the same impression that the airflow felt somewhat strange.
I now use 2.5 mm ID and it’s fantastic. I run a Clapton with 0.53 ohm in it and the airflow feels perfect for me now.

4 Likes

22mm singles is completely unknown to me. You are delivering me breaking news lol. So I’m gonna do a little googling and see what you speak of. I’ve only had 2 rda’s after leaving the tanks behind first was Plume Veil & now Drop Dead. Once I tasted the flavor of the rda, that was it!! So are you saying the rda’s u mentioned with the 22mm single coil is giving u better flavor or just different notes of flavor? Think I would get the same effect if I put that coil in my rda?

5 Likes

I’ve occasionally used a single coil in a 24mm RDA (Drop, for example) and enjoyed it but the flavour concentration I get from a 22mm single coil RDA is mostly due to the smaller chamber size. You could certainly try a single coil in the Drop Dead, closing the airflow down a bit, or a lot.

6 Likes

Thanks JellyB… I’m gonna give it a shot. I didn’t consider the size of the rda playing a part in flavor. But it makes sense considering air flow changes flavor

5 Likes

If you want good flavor on a single coil give the Pulse 22 or the Elder Dragon a shot. They’re both outstanding in that department. I found the Drop in single coil setup to be just OK. I’ve had worse, but also better.

5 Likes

Do you know if the Drop is comparable to the Hadely or Citidsle in the flavor department?? I just heard of those two RDA’s from Wayne DiyorDie. I know nothing about them and haven’t even looked them up yet. Figured I’d ask someone in here.

5 Likes

No it’s not. I have the Citadel (I assume that’s the one you’re talking about) and the Hadaly as well as the Le Supersonic, Entheon and Skyfall. Flavorwise they all run circles around the Drop. I will say that if you’re into large amounts of vapor they may disappoint, but the flavor production on any of those are excellent. I would recommend a high quality clone as they can get expensive and a good 1:1 clone would be just as good at a fraction of the cost.
Because of the reduced size and smaller airflow, the wattage required is quite low (about 15-30 watts depending on metal used) and you don’t need to run them with elaborate coils. The Le Supersonic for example, excels with a simple roundwire coil.
There are some vapes that taste better, in my opinion, at low wattage (tobacco flavors for instance) and they’re perfect for that. Of course taste is always subjective…

6 Likes

Thanks lost!! Ok thanks for the tip about the clone to, I’m gonna order one tomorrow after I look into those other 2 you just mentioned and decide which one. I don’t care so much about clouds as i do flavor. And I only run my drop between 40-45 W anyway. I only use a simple single core Clapton coil. I’ve tried other coils and builds but I’m strictly Clapton now. Just what works best for me. Any suggestions on sites that have good prices, selections and fairly decent shipping times?

4 Likes

I bought all those RDAs as clones from 3fvape.com. In my opinion SXK and YFTK make the best clones. Be advised that the shipping may take a month or more considering the current situation in China (and the rest of the world).

3 Likes

3fvape.com… ok thanks so much! Yeah that was the one thing I was thinking about when ordering a clone was that shipping time, but hey it is what it is, like you said especially now with everything.But no biggie. Hey which one of those do u find yourself using the most?

3 Likes

Hmmm…probably the Skyfall and the Le Supersonic, but can’t tell you why to be honest. They all perform about the same and none are difficult to build on. Probably because those two are within arms reach on the shelf :laughing:

2 Likes

Lol Ok. I know what ya mean

2 Likes

Those Hadaly or citadel types don’t have enough airflow for me. The Elder Dragon is more my speed. I like vaping at or around 50W and get tremendous flavor out of it. Those tighter draw RDAs can have some good flavor but not better than my Elder Dragons. I like some restriction on the airflow but not “trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose” kind of restriction. That’s what those felt like to me.

4 Likes

I agree. The Elder Dragon, for my vaping style, is the best RDA I’ve ever tried. I can’t wait to see what improvements (if any) are made in follow-up versions.

4 Likes

I’ll check into that elder dragon to. Thanks

5 Likes

Strongly recommend checking out the Hermetic by SMM. Better than the Elder Dragon in that it’s a more level playing field for flavors (where the elder dragon spotlights fruits and subdues the bakery components).

But if straight fruits are your jam, the ED is excellent!

6 Likes