A Few Questions from Someone New To Mixing

Cool. I’ve learned a few things already. Thanks for that. I’ll add those flavors to my list and as with any addiction, start ordering more. I was reading one thread where some of the folks on here had 200+ flavours and here I am proud of my 7. To quote Matthew McConaughey, “I gotta get those numbers up. Those are rookie numbers.”

10 Likes

Some of us are total ding dongs and have a lot more than 200. Its hard not to buy more when some can be had for as little as 1.50/10ml.

Feel free to always ask anything you need or just chat. Be warned we will stoke the flames of that new flavor addiction!

10 Likes

OK, here’s another question on mixing. I was watching DIY or DIE on youtube, who I’ve taken to calling Jimmy Two Times from the movie Goodfellas cause he says everything twice.

"So I know some of you want to save some money by making your own juice and by making your own juice you want to save some money." :grin:

He was talking about enhancing flavours to get the flavour you’re after. You can’t just add more cherry to make it taste more like cherry. I vape mostly crisp, fruity flavours like watermelon, apple, that sort of thing. Are there any flavourings you’d add that would enhance the taste? Are there non-flavoured additives like sweetener that DIYers keep in their labs?

10 Likes

Holy snort! @fidalgo_vapes you’ve got to read this, i laughed so hard so farted!

Keep this in mind, no matter what any of us say you may not agree, we all like things our way which is the point of DIY for many. And some flavors will actually morph into the unpleasant when mixed to high and others seem to have no ceiling.

We have a host of additives and most of them gunk up coils faster. Using certain flavor combinations enhance other flavors too, like a bit of raspberry in strawberry or lemon will enhance fruit flavors. And there are a lot of coolants as well. Sweeteners a plenty but its use depends on your preferences as well.

Holy crap, im still gigglin here…

If you want to vape really good juice there is a lot of learning to do, for me this isnt just a means of quitting smoking like it was in the beginning, it morphed in to a hobby one of i have a great deal of passion for because there is so much to learn. It is only second to microscopy for me.

The sheer number of flavors and combinations is crazy when you think about each can be used at different %s to achieve different flavors/textures.

11 Likes

0.9% Saline works well. Many foods can be enhanced with salt, not just the usual ones people think of. You can buy it a drugstore as it used for cleaning things and for dehydration (vaping can lead to an increased need for water, in case you didn’t know). Put a few drops into a mix and taste it.

12 Likes

Lemon flavouring (my choice is usually lemon sicily from flavour art) and sweetener (for fruit I usually used capella super sweet at low percentages, around 0.25% )

12 Likes

Welcome to the forums! You’ll find plenty of assistance here by some great people. Enjoy

11 Likes

Welcome to ELR @Wanderglobe.

9 Likes

Don’t just willy nilly start ordering more flavors. If you click on a flavor in your stash it’ll bring up a wealth of information about it. Choosing ‘Notes’ will show you what others thought. Don’t take it as gospel as all our tastebuds are different and you’ll notice many c&p from others. You can use this before buying new flavors. @sessiondrummer does dedicated evaluations and are his thoughts.

For vendors;
Flavorhub/TBV will always be my favourite. Fantastic person to deal with. Best bottle labeling.
Dashvapes (www.flvrs.co/) - most sales. Missing some essentials. Free shipping at $35. Ships from Ontario. Worst bottle labeling.
diy-ejuice.com - Largest selection in Canada. Kelly (Male) and Amanda good people. Has nic AND located in Abbotsford, BC. Decent bottle labeling.

Just saying but you don’t win anything by buying more flavors and getting those numbers up. You win by learning how to use what you already have.

Can you tell us what mod and nic level you’re using.

8 Likes

Thank you VERY much @big_vape. @Wanderglobe as big_vape said, there ARE a shit ton of notes up here, and even though we all DO have different tastes, please don’t hesitate to check out the “Base Camp”.

There are NEVER any guarantees, BUT, they might help you as well.

9 Likes

@Wanderglobe welcome aboard!

As @Ken_O_Where said, be careful or you’re about to be swarmed with a flavor addiction (which is a good thing). At present, I’m tinkering with 3 mixes. You’ll find quite a bit of info here like flavor reviews, tasting notes etc… so dont be afraid to ask a question. Everyone’s here to help.

8 Likes

Good call on the saline. Never thought of that. As a kid my father used to always put salt on his apple and in his beer. We just thought it was a French Canadian thing because they’re kind of odd anyway but I tried it with the apple and it was pretty good. Not the beer though. No need to ruin anything that has achieved a perfected state.

7 Likes

A fellow canuck. Thanks for the information on flavours and suppliers in Canada. Very useful to know. Curious about the bottle labeling. Is it just that they’re using Comic Sans in a small font or is there other information on the bottle I should be looking at?

I vape at 6 and I use and older SMOK Aegis. I don’t really mess with the settings I just turn it up or down. I should look into how to use it properly but way too many options. It’s due to be replaced soon and I know this isn’t the place but if you have recommendations on hardware I’ll gladly accept a PM. Cheers!

7 Likes

Thanks Session! I’ll take a look through the info and get another order of flavors in soon enough. Cheers.

5 Likes

Everyone has been incredibly helpful so far. One always worries about their first post.

"Jesus H, this moronic question again. Dude, use google or fire up YouTube. "

Thankfully the group has been very helpful. I’m looking forward to trying some new things. Fruity flavours have always been my goto but it’ll be nice to expand beyond that and flavours are cheap enough that testing isn’t as expensive as buying a whole bottle.

9 Likes

If you decide to venture into other options like creams and desserts (custards/cheesecakes), don’t be afraid to let mixes like that steep for a few days and possibly even weeks.

9 Likes

No comic sans, thank god.
Flavorhub/TBV uses different bottle cap colors to identify different vendors. Good clear concentrate name.
Dash/flvrs Every single bottle is the same stinking snot green with DIY in the middle then tiny vendor and concentrate name. Not even a concentrate vendor logo takes time to find and put away.
Diy-ejuice like Flavorhub has a good clear concentrate name.

Here’s a sample of each

9 Likes

Welcome to E.L.R @Wanderglobe.

7 Likes

I had watched a vid where it was stated that you’re good to go within 15 with the fruity mixes but the deserts should sit awhile. At less than $5 a flavour I’ll probably try a few.

6 Likes

@Wanderglobe
77pa5m

8 Likes