A sign of things to come from Chinese Vendors?

That’s great! Yeah, I notice that FT seems to land in CA first then sent to my mailbox with an individual’s name on the return address. Nothing that indicates it came from FT. I always wondered about that. In the beginning it freaked me out. Now I just assume they have some kind of system that works for them.

4 Likes

They have a US warehouse now. I think maybe they use it for forwarding orders and returns.

5 Likes

They may be one of our safest options, now and in the future.

4 Likes

Not sure about the future. There are other Chinese vendors that have US warehouses that they may use for the same purposes. But I guess our main concern is at the point of sale. If it can’t get past the POS, nothing matters.

5 Likes

Just a little information about Pay Pal from an eBay Seller. Those two were super close for years, I think eBay owned PP and PP dominated CC payments on eBay. eBay sold PP a couple years ago (don’t make me research) and PP has been heavily tweaking their business model in 2020, especially re: their eBay Seller’s partnership. All for the better IMHO :sunglasses:

Who knows what’s going on over there, maybe they’re positioning themselves for an acquisition/buyout. heh …maybe a time to get some PP stock :wink: Disclaimer: I have zero information re: same …invest at your own risk …I just smell a little restructuring eh? Lots of selloffs in this recent economy. Clearly something is going on.

Someone needs to start an American Vape gear company …I have a name “The American Flashlight Co.®” with different light attachments with threaded 510 connections

6 Likes

Synchrony Bank. And they report to the bureaus now, which is a good thing.

4 Likes

I don’t like it, as I think it makes it harder for newbies, but, I guess, we’ll just have to keep advocating and…hope.

5 Likes

Good morning @Muth,
The Australian Health minister was pushing for a total ban on nicotine importation (currently we can buy from overseas as individuals as the sale of nicotine and juice containing nicotine is totally banned). This ban was to take effect i=on 1st July but we, the vaping community managed to gather enough support and reverse the decision for now. They will be reviewing this and imposing some sort of restrictions on 1st Jan. So, we here are fervently stocking up on nicotine buying it from our nearest neighbour, New Zealand (who has a sensible government). Lol.
Well, the way I see it, the government (s) are losing big time on taxable income (like the massive and uncontrolled prices cigarettes) Here the prices vary from shop to shop (supermarkets, convenience stores & Tobacconists). So, I believe now these governments want to get on this band wagon and hit/ cash in on premium oil!!! Thus, using any low down means to achieve their GREED!! So to speak anyway.
I think we all should stand up and outvote these people and elect new, younger blood with some common sense (regardless of intellectual brain capacity).
I truly pity the next generation but then again, they may all be robot and do as they are instructed.
This is entirely my 2 pennies worth.

8 Likes

Synchrony owns PayPal? Is that what you’re saying?

5 Likes

I know, Robin. It shouldn’t be this hard. “Funny thing happened on the way to the”…post delivery. We were just discussing and you mentioned Rosemead, CA. I placed an order with Sourcemore on Sept. 5 or 6 and just got their vapemail today from guess where? No name, just a PO Box. It says US Postage paid Global Mail, PS Lightweight, Time Sensitive Material. It has USPS tracking # with the added letters eVS and long 22 number tracking. Hmm, so now we have 2 known Chinese vendors landing packages and sending from Rosemead? It’s my Odin 100, matte black. YAY!!! If my phone wasn’t downstairs I’d take a handcheck for ya’ :smile: I forgot to add that I used PayPal.

5 Likes

No clue what the future holds but it’s good you stocked up on nic. We here in the US started doing that some time ago during the first vapocalypse in 2015.

5 Likes

That’s good to know as I am looking at some stuff of FT at present.

4 Likes

Hey, @Letitia I just got my black matte Odin 100 today from Sourcemore via Rosemead, CA and I gotta’ tell ya’ it has a similar finish to the black opal Cold Steel 100. I haven’t even fired it up yet but I can tell I’m going to like this mod. Great feel, great buttons, solid. And the battery door…oh yeah!

5 Likes

Been thinking about getting the Odin 100 and selling the DNA I have.

5 Likes

Any particular reason why besides the 25W of extra power?

4 Likes

It is what I’m saying, yes ma’am.

4 Likes

Thank you. I didn’t know that. That’s big!

5 Likes

Honestly just sheer laziness, I don’t want to be bothered messing with the DNA chip. Should have just gotten the 100 to begin with.

6 Likes

I can appreciate that because I don’t own a PC anymore and my Macs are too old to know what to do :rofl: I have to borrow a friend’s Windows laptop if I want to download firmware or adjust my DNA settings. Honestly, I’m okay without it.

6 Likes

Here’s a thing to come from Chinese vendors…they’re preparing for their big National Holiday Sale…just FYI.

5 Likes