A Walk Down Memory Lane

Like the Rage. Those things feel like you’re walking around with a brick. Never, ever, put that thing in your pocket if you’re wearing sweat pants.

8 Likes

Yes sir, especially in this neighborhood.

7 Likes

Pretty messed up, eh? I remember when he was a regular fella, he was a neck beard but still quite normal.

@Cary1, i found a few bases, a ton of orings and bases but no coils. Tho i did find a couple that i can rebuild so might have to break out my mini’s. They were a great tank with gagillions of different coil options.

@Wyckmix Im using an original Mizer right now and i guaranty that @SessionDrummer is. I really loved the Nimbus back in the day and as i mentioned my wife still uses one of my old one and i have one that has never been used.

@muth That RDA looks so familiar but i cant place it, kinda looks like a tugboat but with i hole on each side.

10 Likes

Thanks. The rebuild is in each of the boxes, I just haven’t done one. When I bought the coils, they were about $1.50 each, so I’ve just been using those coils. Someday, I will probably give rebuilding a try. But…I’m basically lazy !! :wink:

8 Likes

I know that we have discussed this at length but if i had to choose i would rebuild the stock coils and put the RBA on a rocket to get as far away from it as possible.

Kanger was king of entry level gear for a long time, i loved the tanks, the mods tho, not so much.

9 Likes

It’s a Tugboat alright, SS Media Blasted. I have a brass Stingray drip tip on it to matchy match the brass firing button and name plate, heehee. Iirc, it’s the V1 with stock air holes on each side.

5 Likes

Ahh. the V1, i forgot that i have v2’s hence the air hole confusion. Great little rdas. mine still get used from time to time.

6 Likes

Yeah, I wish I still had it, I gave it away. I have the V2 in black.

6 Likes

Nothing wrong with a lazy non-smoker :wink:

8 Likes

Ok @muth, challenge accepted. Here you go. Not the prettiest, but it works. 24g 3mm ID SS316L. The flavor is still top notch, even compared to the newer single coil RTAs. I need to use it more.

10 Likes

I still have Kanger sub tanks with from memory two minis, one black and one silver although the black ones paint soon chipped. I was using the mini up until about two years ago and in fact used it daily until the SBS mod I was using it in crapped out.
The first stock coils are easy to rebuild but I think Kanger cottoned on and changed the design making them next to impossible,at least for me.

Edit… just noticed the pun which was completely unintentional.

11 Likes

Oh you son of a gun! You said you’d probably get to it on the weekend so I’m chillin over here. All I did was wind the coil, teehee. I see you spaced it, too, which is what I usually do but I didn’t space this one. I can still do that. I’m so excited, I gotta get on it. Oh and I have a silver Cold Steel, too. Lol.

8 Likes

Yeah, I was going thru my attys last night and thought “what the hell” and just did it. Glad I did too because I haven’t been able to put it down. Damn, it’s a good vape! Hope you have a great experience with yours.

Birds of a feather

EDIT: Now I have to look for my IJOY Reaper (not the Pro version) tank. Hope I didn’t give it away. The heads on that were sooo easy to rebuild. I loved that one.

9 Likes

I had to look that up, I don’t remember the Reaper. Nice looking tank, but discontinued except for a store in Italy still has them and the RBA. I saw the Reaper Plus but not Pro. I think you meant Plus anyway, right? The RBA is a dual coil?

7 Likes

Right you are, it’s the Plus. I think I have that one as well…somewhere. I bought a bunch of the orig Reapers when MVS had them on clearance and gave them away to convert smokers to vaping. I thought I kept one but not sure. The RBA was decent, but the rebuilt coil heads performed better imo, and took just a few minutes to rebuild.

MVS, how’s that a stroll down memory lane? I miss those guys.

7 Likes

My Vapor Store is still going strong! MOF, they’re one of the vendors who will still ship to me. You don’t have to miss them at all. Are you thinking of Madvapes?

Whoopie, I just ordered my batteries from Liion Wholesale. They’re for the dual 21700 mod I got from mjag, the Dovpo Odin 200w.

8 Likes

What??? I could swear they were one of the first to shut their doors. It’s good to know they’re still around. Made me crack a smile. I miss Madvapes too, but MVS was a go-to back in the day. I had a ton of points with them and they had good prices on clearance items.

8 Likes

Lol, and look what they still have.

7 Likes

Thar she blows! I really WAS sweating…I wanted to put more of a 45 degree angle while pulling down the top leg and I almost messed the whole thing up because it was sticking out too much and might touch the barrel. I had to do a lot of fiddling…so out of practice. But I’m glad I did it, you inspired me. 24g 3mm ID KA1 0.7ohms

11 Likes

Good job! Much better looking than mine. How was the vape? I was really surprised after all these years that it can keep up with the big boys in flavor.

Good find on that RBA! I need to order a bunch now that I’ve refound my old pal. I found an original LV coil head in the junk drawer as well. Looks unused so I’ll have to compare.

8 Likes