About To Lose It

@d_fabes no apology needed bud. I was just posting this again because some ppl think I kid when I say that I’m stocked up till I’m 100. Like no, I’m not kidding, I really am. This shit is for real this time.

well put

8 Likes

I think you’re 100% right.

When I started stocking up, during the deeming scare in 2015, I planned on 20 years, which would have put me in my early 80’s. Now that I have used that gear for 4 or 5 years, it’s lasting a lot longer than I guessed it would. I think we’re going to be neck & neck to the 100 year finish line…lol.

8 Likes

My thoughts on what happened today http://www.tearsofcrimson.com/2020/01/today-our-government-started-death-of.html

5 Likes

I’m not nitpicking, but this reads a little wonky to me. Could just be me.

Because our our government and public health failure to support tobacco harm reduction,

3 Likes

All that’s happening is the inevitable and it’s not the vape apocalypse. Big money is grabbing the market. Vaping as a means smoking cessation will still be there. Why, huge profits and the fact that smoking will nearly be eliminated long term. As diyers we most likely will remain untouched unless or until the diy market dominates vaping. At that point they will attack nicotine sales to eliminate us. But there would be time to transition to zero nicotine and continue to vape if that’s what we choose.
When we vote according to certain agendas and disregard our neighbors needs our neighbors disregard our needs and vote according to their own agendas. The thing is these so called agendas have cost us our freedom because we cant seem to elevate our thinking beyond what the media spoon feeds us. All the while the politicians laugh as we sit divided and conquered :disappointed_relieved:

11 Likes

10 Likes

Bravo Michelle!! You brought it home “murderous agenda”. I rejoice in seeing this written. Up until now I have only seen authors tip toe around that hard cold fact.

5 Likes

I smoked mine at 5. Pilfered it from my mothers pack. Around 9 I could buy my own because there was no law stopping me.

4 Likes

That is a horrible drug. The only people I know to try it all had bad reactions. One ended up in the ER.

4 Likes

We’ve got multiple threads running here, and hard to tell which one to post this on, but, I was SHOCKED to see that USA Today is getting it RIGHT !!! ???

After months of surging numbers of people sickened and dying from vaping-related lung illnesses, the outbreak appears to be ebbing. Public health officials say that the leading culprit is vitamin E acetate, an additive found in some cannabis-based products, but that other substances may be playing a role.

Isn’t vaping a nicotine thing?

Yes, people vape nicotine, but they also vape cannabis products. In fact, the overwhelming majority of vaping-related lung illnesses, including those reported on in medical journals, involve tetrahydrocannabinol, known as THC. That’s the ingredient in marijuana that makes you high. Cartridges containing vitamin E acetate, mostly sold on the black market, are thought to be the main culprit.

Confusion between the dangers of nicotine and THC vaping may exist because the lung illnesses coincided with a big uptick in vaping by high school students, which prompted President Donald Trump and Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar to announce plans in September to ban all flavored nicotine vapes.

I vape only brand-name nicotine products purchased from actual stores, so I’m fine

It depends on why you’re vaping, what makes you worry and who you ask. If you started vaping to quit smoking, are under the supervision of a doctor, have tried and failed at other cessation options, are older than 21 and bought from a reputable retailer, you are probably at low risk of developing the acute lung illness, based on the advice from government officials.

I buy my THC cartridges at a legal dispensary in my state, so I’m not at risk

At least eight states have reported lung illnesses linked to legal THC cartridges. Six probable vaping-related injuries in Massachusetts are linked to legal-market THC cartridges, and all 20 people so far sickened or killed with vaping-related disease in Oregon used THC bought from legal sources, state officials reported. The other states with lung illnesses linked todispensary-purchased THC vape products are Michigan, Delaware, Maryland, Colorado, Utah and Washington.

Now that the government found vitamin E acetate is the culprit, THC vapers can relax

Government officials say vitamin E acetate, which is sometimes used as a thickening agent or to dilute THC oil in vape cartridges to make it go further, is the only additive they’ve confirmed linked to the lung illnesses and death.

But there’s always a BUT

But CDC is continuing to look at other possible ingredients in THC or nicotine vapes that could be causing the illnesses. As CDC spokeswoman Nicole Elliott said earlier this month, “there remain a small but consistent number of (vaping lung illness) patients who report exclusive use of nicotine-containing products – something that does not commonly contain vitamin E acetate. These chemicals of concern could be present in e-cigarette, or vaping products, including THC, CBD, and nicotine-containing products.”

Vaping your soldered boards ???

The devices themselves could even be contributing to the vaping-related lung illnesses, by emitting toxic chemicals, particularly if they are held together with lead or cadmium solder, experts told USA TODAY.

7 Likes

Nice.

con·tra·in·di·cate

(kŏn′trə-ĭn′dĭ-kāt′)

tr.v. con·tra·in·di·cat·ed , con·tra·in·di·cat·ing , con·tra·in·di·cates

To indicate the inadvisability of

4 Likes

Thanks Phil I missed that in my spell check LOL

4 Likes

Thank you I’m pretty much done with caring what they think at this point and I don’t have a business to shut down.

3 Likes

Talking about murderous agenda… Philip Morris attempted to convince the government of the Czech Republic that smoking is highly beneficial to the country, as more people would die earlier, thus letting the government save millions

“No other company in the world would claim that killing its customers is good for society”. How bizarre is that?

4 Likes

That’s absolutely horrible!!!

3 Likes

We lost another soul to cigarettes today so if I’m a little testy forgive me. This woman was such a beautiful person inside and out and she couldn’t lay the cigarettes down. My heart is broken like it is every time I see someone die from any lung complication because of deadly cigarettes. I’ll be in a worse mood after her funeral and after trying to comfort an old friend who still won’t quit smoking or try vaping even after watching this tragedy happen.

2 Likes

That is insane, but I am not surprised that studies of this nature are being done. As callus as our gooberment is regarding harm reduction, I am convinced they are also looking at numbers like these. It does however surprise the hell out of me to see that Phillip Morris was stupid or brazen enough to get caught.

3 Likes

Something I’ve believed exists for years.

Said as much a couple of time here in this forum.

Bullshit!
(I know you were quoting… ;))
It’s just that no other company has been busted out publicly (so far).

Not bizarre at all.

True. But that’s absolutely reality.

Too many want to bury their heads in the sand, but better believe that it’s a real topic of discussion and debate amongst the “elite” who call the shots.

When looking at the big picture, all too often the “humanity” is discarded, and the “statistics” rule the game. I’m just thankful that (even if in the minority, within that group of ‘power elite’) that there ARE some who represent the humanity point of view…

Sorry to hear it Michelle.

8 Likes

I may be a little south of the north pole, but I’ve been thinking about this ban stuff again. I’ve said, and read repeatedly that the government here is trying to completely eliminate vaping as an option for smoking cessation. And while there is a lot of talk about banning vaping, I’m starting to think that is actually not their end goal.

I’m starting to think they are playing the end game right now- this regulation that is intended to strangle juice makers out of business. I’m starting to think that rather than continue their efforts to ‘ban vaping’, their ultimate goal is really just to mute it. Let it be ‘legal’, but make it so difficult to produce it at a retail level that it remains an underground cottage industry.

When you think back to the Pre-Pod Days of vaping, which most of us happily existed in, there was little truly serious talk of banning vaping. There was always the anti-vape brigade sounding off against it, wringing their hands and making noise, but years passed and nothing really changed. There was the TPD in Europe, but it did not remove anything from the market; it just limited the quantities of things sold (if I understand it correctly). And while it is still in effect there, vaping has become recognized and accepted as a legitimate smoking cessation tool.

But here in the US, it was not until JUUL/kids and tainted THC cartridges that vaping really came under heavy fire. Why? Because thanks to JUUL, vaping started to cut into Big Tobacco and Big Government’s profit margins in a way that DIY never would. And thanks to tainted cartridges, BG finally had real ‘ammunition’ they could use to introduce sweeping legislation and get the general public on their side.

I’m starting to believe that BT/BP/BG really only want vaping to shrink back down to its’ prior state- before pods spread vaping to the masses in a huge way. And that’s what this new legislation intends to accomplish.

Am I nuts for thinking this?

6 Likes

This does suck that this is happening to pods, BUT he has done many more positive things for our country and I will still vote for him in 2020. To me, there are BIGGER issues that need to be dealt with and this President is the only one that is and will tackle those issues. The other candidates aren’t the ones that will deal with these other issues. In retrospect, would we as vapers been better off if we had not started smoking in the first place?

6 Likes