About To Lose It

No idea buddy. I’ve been through a ton of political shit storms in my life and it seems like the direction of the wind. There’s usually a plan in place for whatever direction the wind blows. I don’t even know what the latest FDA proclamation means. I hears SMM chatter about it and saw a bunch of news chatter but I can’t find the actual FDA documentation and I don’t believe a damn thing the news broadcasts.

9 Likes

Exactly :point_up_2:

8 Likes

Found this just now. Not the actual decree but a description from the FDA:

5 Likes

You could very well be right, Phil. I personally believe they want to destroy vaping take it away from manufacturer’s and bring it back under Pharmacy as their product. Time will only tell what their end game is.

3 Likes

Sure, I can see that too. Point being, ensure that the revenue stream generated by tobacco remains stable and full-flowing. If BP takes the full reigns on ‘closed system’ devices like pods, they can make it as effective or not as they need to, to make sure the analog quit success rate remains safely below the tobacco profit cut line. Like those worthless, often dangerous smoking cessation drugs they foist upon society.

3 Likes

So sad that it makes so much sense. Tobacco and pharma run this country.

3 Likes

They only run the tobacco and pharmaceuticals aspect. There are plenty of other Bigs that run the rest of things. Shame, since the government is supposed to work for the people…

4 Likes

Sometimes I wish I was a billionaire so I had the money to fight against these guys

3 Likes

If you were a billionaire you would be one of these guys, or you would mysteriously be bankrupt soon.

7 Likes

LOL probably so but I could do Big Vaping

4 Likes

Who’s Big Vaping? I don’t recall seeing him around here. :rofl:

4 Likes

My attempt at humor, I’m not very funny. Since we have big tobacco, and big pharma, I think we should have big vaping and all they do is promote vaping, but I guess we do have that with other groups.

4 Likes

I think you missed my apparently-not-funny attempt at humor…

4 Likes

LOL we make a heck of a team then

5 Likes

No, not at all. Part of it is also that bureaucrats loathe not being able to control things. They’ll get their rules and laws in place and it’ll make them happy and bring in the revenue. I’ve always thought the end game was ensuring they get a piece of the money.

8 Likes

They get their piece via the tobacco revenue. Vaping interferes with that, so it has to go. They can’t live happily together because of the MSA. The MSA rules all.

Summary of terms

The Original Participating Manufacturers (OPMs) agreed to several broad categories of conditions:

• to restrict their advertising, sponsorship, lobbying, and litigation activities, particularly as those activities were seen as targeting youth;
  • to disband three specific “Tobacco-Related Organizations,” and to restrict their creation and participation in trade associations;
  • generally to make available to the public documents the OPMs had disclosed during the discovery phase of their litigation with the settling states;
  • to create and fund the National Public Education Foundation, dedicated to reducing youth smoking and preventing diseases associated with smoking.[18]
  • to make annual payments to the settling states in perpetuity.

A section on enforcement gave jurisdiction to individual state courts to implement and enforce the term, and established a state enforcement fund ($50 million one-time payment). The participating manufacturers also paid the states’ Attorney Fees.

4 Likes

Maybe we should be demanding an end to the Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement?

3 Likes

The Ban States have borrowed so heavily against it they would go bankrupt.

5 Likes

There should never have been an MSA. That was NOTHING more than a wink-wink-nod-nod between the government and BT that ensured BOTH sides would benefit massively forever while the smokers it was purported to help would continue to suffer and die.

If the government had any regard for the public health back then they would have banned tobacco at that time. It is always, always all about the money.

7 Likes

That would be catering to the concept of over population. Which while being a serious problem, genocide ain’t the way to go about it.

6 Likes