Actual Food Recipes

7 Likes

Idk if i posted these somewhere else or not, so I’m gonna put ‘em here too lol been playing with making soft cheese like ricotta, and you end up with quite a bit of whey left over, it works nice in place of buttermilk in biscuit recipes, especially with a tablespoon or two of cream, folding biscuit dough to get flaky layers is about to overtake the cheese making fling though lol

Also took @anon44012888 note about cooking alfredo with peppers in it and added chicken, i cooked the peppers and chicken in bacon grease, made the alfredo separate, and then added the pepper mix into the alfredo and let them sit on a warm stovetop and mingle with each other. Probably not as good as cooking them together but oh well lol

8 Likes

Wow, wow, WOW @Fishaddict420 !!!

5 Likes

Allegedly making your own Mozza is pretty easy

6 Likes

I did it for a few years, but that was a job as a cheese maker… lol

6 Likes

It’s not too bad, ricotta and paneer is even easier, unfortunately making paneer naan is not so easy lol

5 Likes

I LOVE to EAT the cheese, but am afraid if I ever tried to make it, I would KILL someone (who ate it) …

4 Likes

Oh man, this local indian place used to have amazing Paneer and vegetables (had to google if there was a name) … Shit is so tasty…

6 Likes

What kind of fishing do you do? Mother and I are going out to the lake to catch some Walleye.

6 Likes

I know muttar paneer is paneer with peas, might have other veggies too, been a while since i had it

4 Likes

I’m jealous!! We don’t have many walleye in southern indiana, and i think it’s probably the tastiest freshwater fish. I fish for anything that swims in a southern indiana lake lol bluegill, crappie, catfish, and largemouth bass are most prevalent, but near me i have rainbow trout, saugeye, and musky stocked in different lakes too

8 Likes

We had a Taco stand, Christian family that would do Missions to Mexico and they had a pretty big family. The opened up a Taco stand here, in the farmer’s market, hand made corn tortillas and breaded cat fish, now I’m picking on fish, but those were fucking amazing fish tacos… Fresh salsa, fresh cilantro, squeeze of lime, crema, etc… So good…

Rainbow Trout is pretty fishy, we have a lot here but I could never eat it because it was too strong of a taste.

Walleye or Pickerel, that’s a damn tasty fish… Beautiful too. Light flour dredge, some high smoke point oil, salt, pepper, dill, lemon zest and squeeze… Serve that with some corn and steamed veggies, maybe some buttered rice… That’s a good meal that’ll make you feel good but refreshed.

6 Likes

Actually, really cool… A guy that worked there, Caleb Hart… He’s a Raggae/folk singer here…

When he was working he’d be making tacos and singing some raggae tunes. Fucking wicked dude:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHS5LaH-nPM

4 Likes
4 Likes

Figure you’d appreciate that if you’ve got 420 in your name

4 Likes

Rolled out some dough, gonna make more naan but I can’t remember if I used Olive Earl… I know I put some on top, but not in… Imagine I’ll find out when it comes out as a cracker.

3 Likes

Madras curry, coconut milk, chicken stock and beans/veggies I had with brown rice

A Robin hit my window, so I let my cat out onto the deck to fuck with it and I guess it died…

Finished sharpening my Shun knife so I feathered the sucker and gutted it… Saved half the meat for each serving. Not bad

5 Likes

Made a unicorn cake for my daughters birthday party, raspberry cake with a layer of raspberry jelly and lemon curd between the layers and vanilla buttercream, twizzlers for the mane, the unicorn horn is a waffle cone that i filled with runts and let her smash it with a meat mallet lol went well with the unicorn piñata lol

11 Likes

You’re awesome man, that’s really great

5 Likes

Fun tip, if you ask your local butcher to save you wing tips or beef bones, you can make cheap stock for cheap.

5 Likes