Anyone used Gearbest

Any of you folks order stuff from there? I bought something and I just got notification that it’s going to take 20 days just t o get it to me… Anyone else have this experience, or am I just a special case because I got a flash sale time?

Edit: I ordered from the US url, so I was kinda assuming that it wasn’t coming from China.

3 Likes

Many member have stopping buying from GB. :wink:

4 Likes

I’ve used gearbest multiple times, usually when they have flash sales going on.
They’re not the fastest in delivery but comparing to what I’ve heard from fasttech, they’re a lot better. I’m very patient though and prefer a cheaper price over faster delivery…
People have complained about GB, just like they complain about anything else. I’ve never had an issue and would use them again without thinking twice.

4 Likes

Being that it is coming from the USA, it will have to pass customs. Perhaps that is the delay.

2 Likes

Yeah, customs can be a pain in the ass… I’ve ordered something from Ali Express on the 10th, it left China on the 12th and I think they put it on the mule express from there passing customs in every country :man_shrugging: I’ll see when it comes… stressing out over it is not going to speed it up

4 Likes

I would pass on ever buying from GB again. They took my money, now they claim the item is out of stock and we have been playing " whats happen and when are you going to send my order":
Tickets
Ticket:xxxx
Order Number:xxxx
Message Type:Order Still Not Shipped
Subject:My order has not shipped after 2 months?
sent :+Gearbest Customer Support
At 10/11/2019 03:21:30 CST
We also want to give you an early delivery,we very much hope that you can have a pleasant shopping.
We expect to ship the item between Oct 17 - Oct 24.
We will arrange the shipment for you as soon as the item is in stock.
And when your order is shipped out, there will be an email sent to you about the delivery information.

4 Likes

I quit ordering from GB after my second order, slower than ft ever was.

2 Likes

This pretty much sums it up. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

So why don’t you make use of paypal or visa’s buyers protection? :astonished:

2 Likes

@anon44012888 Fast or slow doesn’t matter IMO…

And with good reason.

I’ve read this before as well.
(I hope you get things resolved @Brotherbob, but I would strongly suggest going ahead and opening either a PayPal or C/C dispute, before you lose the ability to. If you haven’t already.)

As for the reason I won’t ever deal with them again, I was supposed to get a GeekVape Nova for review, but, what they sent was obviously a defective unit that had been returned to them.

I didn’t bother to contact them and just shelved the whole thing. I really should have just posted that, but I was so pissed thinking about all of the things that had to happen for me to end up in that position, I just said “fuck it, and FUCK THEM”.

1. A return should never make it back into new stock. (Fail 1)
  2. It obviously was not tested properly (by the returns dept), as if they would have tried it in TC mode, they would have instantly seen that it wouldn’t fire… Whereas it worked fine in power mode. (Fail 2)
  3. The box was opened, so that should have been a clue to whomever picked it (from the shelf) to be shipped. No wrapping AND seals were cut. With light wear on the unit. (Fail 3)
  4. Lack of caring and communication between the “marketing” rep, and the shipping dept, to insure that they got a brand new item out (like this should even HAVE to be done…) because this was for a potential review.

Now, part of me feels like I should have just shared this experience with everyone, and burned the bridge. But, part of me also feels like it could have also been that only one key person (the picker) who could have been pissed at the company, set them up for failure by intentionally grabbing a defective unit (though I think that’s unlikely). I’ve wrestled with this for a long time, but I’m sharing it here… Folks can make up their own mind.

Personally, I wouldn’t risk someone else’s money, especially if it was for anything over $5-$10 (and that’s if something was a STUPIDLY great deal, or something super hard to find anywhere else), and it would have to have free shipping on top of it.

Bottom line, I don’t trust them for any notable purchase. Their history was questionable back in 2016. It doesn’t appear to me that things have improved.

5 Likes

I’m not saying that didn’t happen to you but you are aware that customs can do those things too, right? Not every package I receive gets opened but a majority will be. Last time when it was concentrates, they even were so cheeky to put flyers in the package to “quit smoking”. I was just so happy they didn’t open any bottles.
But when they open packages, they all do a piss poor job of closing it back up and properly protecting the contents from damage in further transport. Those lazy bastards at customs hate that you make them work and they will show it any which way. You can’t touch them anyway.

2 Likes

A couple of years ago I got the same run around of ordering, not in stock, then not available, etc. It wasn’t until I contacted PP that they gave me my money back. I’ve never had this problem with FT or 3FVape.

3 Likes

Absolutely.
All, but for the wear on it, and being defective…

3 Likes

I hear you… and I know there are a lot of other people with valid complaints. All I said was that I’ve bought a few things with them (including an HCigar DNA250) and never had an issue with them myself.
I did have issues with several of the other big online retailers, probably because I use them more often. Just make sure you use a good credit card or paypal with buyers protection and you should be (relatively) safe but wherever you buy, you always have a small risk of having issues.

That being said, don’t put ALL your trust in those buyers protections either. Things can still go wrong. I recently only got money back from Paypal after 5 or 6 months after having to look up EU law, pushing it in their face and threatening to take them to court over it. Those companies are very much on the side of the sellers, even if they’re wrong.

2 Likes

There’s an old thread about bad experiences with multiple vendors that might be interesting.

Or this one

They have great prices and when your shit is all in order on arrival you’ve gotten yourself a good deal.
It’s when stuff doesn’t work that you find out who you’re dealing with.
I have quite often taken the risk because the deal was too good to pass over. Things have worked out most of the time without hassle, so I guess for me, it has been worth it.

5 Likes

Very well said ma’am!
(I’d forgotten about those links, but definitely remember reading through them! Good to see them surface again, as many of the newer folks may not have run across them yet! :thumbsup: )

4 Likes

Well the thing that gets me is that I submitted 2 tickets because I didn’t get a clear answer the first time, it was like, “Yeah, I guess” kinda answer. So on the second one I clicked the ‘dispatch faster’ option and asked how long it would take and they gave me a date that was 7 days later than previous. I asked for a refund and they said it’d take 48 hours, so we’ll see.

2 Likes

I grabbed some replacement fans for my Opus chargers and had no problems other than the wait.

3 Likes