Are there any *good* chocolate vapes out there?

This is basically every chocolate I’ve tried. They all fall somewhere between tootsie roll and plastic band aid. FA Cocoa & Chocolate combo has been the best so far. I’d like to try Inawera; I’ve heard it’s good. I think using something super sweet and rich like custard or VBIC probably helps give it the richer chocolatey taste that’s not so much straight cocoa powder. Next go round I’ll try something with AP.

6 Likes

This group needs some serious feedback with regard to worthiness. Anyone have any info?

Molin Berry Glamour Chocolate
MedF Chocolate, Dark Flavor --this plus the white is reportedly the best you can get.
MedF Chocolate, White Flavor
VZ-SC GOURMET CHOCOLATE FLAVORING --not much known on this one.

1 Like

True statement there.:wink:

For those who might like a tobacco vape with chocolate already wrapped up in the flavor of the tobacco, I would suggest:
ECX ~ Black Mile
ECX ~ Black Mile Plus (plus vanilla)
Or
BCV ~ SC Black n Mild

Add a bit of FA Cocoa or chocolate, some FA Vienna cream and you have a super nice black mild cigarillo vape; quite tasty.

2 Likes

From what I read AP is the trick with FA Cocoa/chocolate but it doesn’t have to be simple AP it can also be found in FA cookie? Something else I read was not to go over 1.5 AP unless you’re using a certain brand of nicotine (can’t remember which one). If I get to feeling better I’ll throw this together but it’s not going to be much help to sub’ohmer’s because I still like my nautilus mini tank LOL

1 Like

I was just thinking it’d be good with cookie and/or peanut butter. I love AP. If I could only have one additive, that’d be it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What brand AP is the choice one to use with the chocolates?..What does it do for the chocolates?..I just got FA Chocolate and FA Cocoa…Any sweetners needed in addition to AP?..I am new to chocolates, hence the multitude of questions… :smile:

1 Like

AP is AP regardless - Only difference could be the dilution - TPA’s is a 5% dilution :smile:

In this regard it should be the same with EM (Ethyl Maltol), Sucralose, Malic Acid etc… The brand shouldn’t matter…

3 Likes

Highly recommend using Marshmallow to sweeten, not EM … unless you plan on vaping it up quickly. EM tends to dilute flavor over time.

3 Likes

What they said. LOL. @LordVapor’s Twixted Nutty Bliss is the first recipe I tried using the cocoa chocolate combo and it is really good. As is @Alisa’s Dark Cocoa Custard. HiC’s Marshmallow Fudge is also good, but if I make it again, I will most likely add salted caramel (FW).

6 Likes

So what does the AP do for/with chocolates?

1 Like

According to HIC -

acetyl pyrazine has an incredible effect on FA Cocoa and Chocolate! It adds cocoa butter richness, sweetness on the inhale, and the smoothness of chocolate melting in your mouth. FA Cocoa has always been among the best flavorings for mixing chocolate vapes, but this takes it over the top. FA Chocolate (plain) has a liqueur note that can interfere with candy flavors - but acetyl pyrazine eliminates that and merges these two FA flavorings into fantastic Swiss chocolate. Swiss chocolate is known for its high cocoa butter content, and this recipe captures that flavor perfectly. The range of 1.5-2% for acetyl pyrazine allows you vary the sweetness and cocoa butter; start with 1.5%, then edge up to your preference.

6 Likes

I just got a sample of that Chocolate Deutch last week. I haven’t tried mixing anything with it yet, but it smells and tastes really good.

3 Likes

Thanks for that information Southern…I see why JoJo likes it so much,…and Alisa recommended it it…

2 Likes

My pleasure friend. Now I just wonder…has anyone made my German Chocolate Cake yet? I’ve devoured 60 ml of the stuff since last week and I’m right now making another 120ml of it. Think I’ll make some Monkey Nuts and Banudding Cake for the holiday as well. Not chocolate I know, but I figured while I’m prattling away… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Everyone I have given my various Twixted recipes to comment on how good the chocolate is. I mix FA Chocolate at 1.5% with FA Cocoa at .5% and that seems to work pretty good for me. If you go much higher on the cocoa it’s really hard on your coils. Not so much a problem for RBA’s. But for stock coils it’s kinda bad. I counter this by removing my stock coil every day and cleaning it in the USC with Vodka in it whenever I am vaping my Twixted recipes at work. I have used the Cocoa all the way up to 1.5% and it does OK on RBA’s, but plan to change your wick often, and keep the temp down because the Cocoa will taste burnt if it gets too hot.

@Alisa mentioned using INW Milk Chocolate with FA Chocolate. So I have both of INW’s Chocolate flavors on the way and plan to sub those into a couple mixes and see how they do. I really want Flavorah’s unobtainable Chocolate Deutch to see how that fares in my mixes. I already subbed in their Caramel and Peanut Butter to my recipes and holy cow that stuff is good! I want to do a chocolate butterscotch pie flavor with a good pie crust taste. Hmm…

3% Butterscotch (Flavorah)
1% Chocolate Deutsch (Flavorah)
2% Cream (Flavorah)
2% Marshmallow (Vanilla) (OOO)
2% Pie Crust (TPA)
2.5% Vanilla Custard (Flavorah)

Flavor total: 12.5%

2 Likes

Link me? I’m lazy… if I have all the flavors I will certainly give it a go. I’ve liked everything of yours that I’ve tried so far. :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Holy cow, you’re just to cute for words! :slight_smile:

You might want to start with 0.5% on the butter. I happen to like it heavier on the butter because frankly, homemade GCC is quite buttery anyway. So if you have the goods and make this please let me know if you see where it needs improvement.

German Chocolate Cake (SthrnMixer Original)

Ingredient%
Acetyl Pyrazine 5%0.5
Brown Sugar (TPA)2
Butter (CAP)1
Cake Batter (CAP)0.5
Chocolate Deutsch (Flavorah)1.5
Sweet Coconut (Flavorah)2.5
Walnut (MF)0.4

Flavor total: 8.4%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
2 Likes

And…now I remember why I haven’t tried it yet. I don’t have any butter or walnut. :worried: Think I could sub pralines and cream or hazelnut for the walnut? I know they’re totally different nuts, but that’s what I’ve got to work with. LoL. And of course Cap butter isn’t in stock at ECX atm…think FA butter is any good? Or maybe Cap’s butter cream? And then, by the time I’m done subbing, it’s not even close anymore. LOL. I’ve got it in my favorites so I can try it when I get at least somewhat closer to having the right flavors. :wink:

2 Likes

I mix the FA Cocoa and INW Milk Chocolate… for the Light Cocoa Custard
OR
The FA Cocoa and FA Chocolate … for the Dark Cocoa Custard

2 Likes

Commented on your recipe.
“Made a couple of changes, but I LOVE your recipe dear. Rich rich, German chocolate cakey mix. Love love love that Flavorah Chocolate Deautch. Very nice. Low heat does it good!”

3 Likes