Australia and vaping

Hopefully that might change if they’re rebranding :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Thanks for the additional details @Jetz.

6 Likes

Whichever way I try and foresee the future one thing I feel is a given is that smokers who would have tried vaping as a cessation method have been denied the opportunity by the Australian government.
And whatever way I look at that just makes me sad and frustrated.

10 Likes

Same here Gazza

6 Likes

Any Aussies own the vapoureyes rda it’s $10 is it worth buying? I know it’s only ten bucks but if it’s trash I would rather save my 10 bucks

2 Likes

What they are doing to you in AU is a disgrace. The backing the nhs gives to vaping in the uk just shows how backwards the us and au is. Yes do we know the long term effects of it but i can tell you its a lot better then smoking. Is it a surprise the tobacco industry targeted the youth yes but they have always done that around the world. All they needed to do was ban disposables thats it. Ban them and 90% of the problem is resolved. Its sad you guys are in this situation

6 Likes

Thought about buying it many times and certainly think it’s worth the money they’ve been asking but I haven’t bought it to date so I can’t offer a true opinion other than if you’re needing to spend that amount to save on shipping then you’ve got to be in front.

3 Likes

We don’t truly know what situation we’re in yet other than it’s going to be worse than the situation we’re already in… which is shit.
Spot on, ban disposables and who really gives a crap about plain packaging but there’s a lot more going on than stopping the kids from vaping.
It’s mind blowing why anybody could possibly think these new laws are going to stop anybody other than actual law abiding adults from accessing legal vaping merchandise though.
I’m actually wondering now if even owning a mod or whatever could become illegal.

6 Likes

I was reading and the article pointed out that tourist who bring devices could have them seized as part of this new plan. And when i hear this i think some of those middle eastern countries that first started doing this. Shit is crazy down under

6 Likes

Not sure if you seen this piece of PR hype aimed at the general public… My two questions are

1. When where DISPOSABLE which is the problem - ever legal?? You do not see any teenager running around with a mod or refillable set up!
  2. If nicotine is the issue with the government, why can you purchase NICTOBATE product which ALL contain the same Liquid nicotine as vapes in any supermarket, service station (Gas Station for all your Americans)
  3. Why are Nictobate - Sprays, Patches and Lozenges not a PHARMACY only product and on prescription as well.

These question need to be asked of the reporters, TV station, your local member, state member, federal member and Health Minsters - State and Federal.

Just a big heads up!! Stock up on a year or two supply of Liquid Nicotine… NOW!!!

From our sources ALL FLAVOURED E LIQUIDS will be GONE!!! and you will only be able to get VAPES from the Pharmacy. We have seen prices of $250+ per week for 3mg pods.

https://fb.watch/kPsZzopdW3/

Worth a watch

4 Likes

Non nicotine are legal. It’s only nicotine that U need a script.
Anyways Im ready whatever the government does as long as PG VG flavors are available. Ordered my first sqounk mod so I’m ready have around 20-30 mods most of them from clearance sales have enough rtas and ordered a few rda

5 Likes

I saw the Spotlight program being advertised and was going to record it. But then I thought going from what I did see it was clearly going to be very anti vaping and completely one sided and I didn’t want to wind myself up.
I saw the bit where some school age girls were saying something along the lines of coughing up black grunge or similar. I did notice Dr. Colin Mendelsohn being interviewed and it appeared to be a total hatchet job. I admire the Dr and very much appreciate everything he does in regards to vaping and for that alone I should have recorded it so I probably should watch it on catch up.

3 Likes

U can rewatch it thru 7+

4 Likes

That’s what I meant. I’m not up with the correct terminology!
Thanks.

3 Likes

Correct, but how many buy the non nic ones?? NONE! Why do the likes of THE TOBACCO SHOP stock nic ones then? Why do 7-Eleven stock them??? in Nic

That is the problem

3 Likes

In the end vaping will get regulated . Government loses another 5 billion from tobacco tax next year. Jimmy from Logan will be having a chat to blackmarketbigpharma Butler :joy::joy:

4 Likes

absolutely and has been coming for 18 months

3 Likes

Call out to all Aussies but not exclusively Aussies. Everyone needs to get onboard it may just be happening here in Au but it can happen where you are unless those that seek to control us see an epic failure.

The website is not quite active yet but please follow and share on twitter/facebook/Instagram

https://asaca.org.au/

https://twitter.com/asaca_au

5 Likes

Legalised Vaping Party started tonight in Australia saw it on twitter

5 Likes

I saw on fb, it is confirmed on their site:

4 Likes