Australia and vaping

Interesting :face_with_monocle:
Doesn’t seem to be the same company but I wouldn’t be surprised though, perhaps they’ve sold of their recipes? they’ve got to do something with their biz.

3 Likes

This is another of the parent company of noodli,

2 Likes

If you’re on facebook and have a few minutes, maybe jump on and have a look at & / or comment your feelings on the Casting Call for Negative Vape Experiences (as per the above post):

3 Likes

It’s a different company. VTA is owned by a sole trader and based in Sydney.

Noodli is owned by a company called Massagy PTY LTD that is based in Melbourne, and was originally a massage place, then became a vape shop and hemp shop.

Not sure where they get their concentrates from as they say they are Australian produced.

Maybe just another supplier that has appeared on the scene.

5 Likes

And could well exit the scene shortly if the government gets their way.

Exit the legal scene anyway.

6 Likes

Oh, well there you go. I didn’t know that.

3 Likes

O I got to say even though I’m in the uk thanks for your time in clearing up the confusion points above this is good news for those that are going to need honest straight info from people like yourselves,But this new laws that’s seems to be going to happen is going to be a down hill shitshow and more than likely cause more harm than smoking has ever done and undo all the good vaping had done

9 Likes

Thanks for popping in and clarifying your business for us.
We are (mostly) all mixers on this forum, so understand the process.

Nope, we are all mostly just stocking up :+1:

8 Likes

Thanks for stopping in and giving a lot of details @Noodli_Labs.

Very smart.

6 Likes

In Italy we are on a similar alert situation. Producers doesn’t produce normal flavours anymore, we mostly have a format of 20 ml of flavour/pg to finish with vg or nicotine, called “scomposto”, in english should be mixe & vape. Another new format is the 10+10 mix, 10 ml of flavoured pg to be mixed with vg. Seems ridicolous but we mostly vape in mtl, 20ml for us can cover almost a week of vaping, is good for people who start vaping but is a waste of plastic.

Stores really does not want to import flavours or simply sell Flavourart, a brand used in all the world except Italy. Apparently, few weeks ago there was a huge mix&vape seizure by the police and nobody knows why: pg alone can’t be illegal, maybe it was in the same package of a nicotine shot. Our two national vaping “”“associatons”“” are silent on social media since the end of May.

Now we are on general alert of a mix&vape ban, which will be something good for punishing producers that only create mix&vape, but at the same time, that can mean at one point goverment will find a way to put a taxation or totally ban flavours. Nobody knows what will happen.

Some online stores already started random discounts, others don’t care. After a pandemic and a war the future looks scary but i am glad to read even here that until u buy pg, vg and flavour is nearly impossible ban it. United we stand, divided we fall.

11 Likes

Sorry I’m a little confused is it legal to buy or sell nicotine in Italy?
I won’t ask about requiring a prescription as I know Australia is the only country with that approach.

4 Likes

I can buy nicotine “approved” by the state monopoly (only format is 10ml, max 20mg both for freebase or salts). If i buy a 10ml shot, 20mg from UK i am a an internation criminal. Same for eliquids ready to vape, u can only find the 10 ml format even if there is no nicotine in it. It never happened before to see a seizure for ONLY (flavoured) pg in a sealed chubby, thats why we are worried.

6 Likes

Anyone heard any updates on what happening here in australia?

3 Likes

I’ve heard nothing definite or official and am hoping the longer than I expected delay isn’t a bad sign.
I think disposables being banned and plain packaging on juice is a given.
Unsure if many (if any) vendors will be able to trade especially if the actual word ‘vape’ is used anywhere.

I had no real reason to believe this but I had a notion that something would have been stated to coincide with the new financial year.

5 Likes

I haven’t heard anything either, I thought in the original press conference (Butler) said that there was a meeting with other state health ministers in June but nothing has been reported on that meeting as far as I know.

I had a search thru his other media but nothing mentions vaping since 5th June and that just confirms what I said ^^ so :woman_shrugging:

https://www.health.gov.au/ministers/the-hon-mark-butler-mp/media/minister-for-health-and-aged-care-interview-on-abc-news-breakfast-5-june-2023?language=en

Like Gazza implied, I’m hoping now news is good news (but I’m all stocked up now just in case :grin:).

4 Likes

Well hopefully like you said no news is good news, im a bit surprised nothings happened yet either way im pretty good for a long time and i doubt theyll be able to stop everything coming in anyway, they cant even stop all this cheap tobacco coming in let alone a bit of vape gear or nic. I just hope it doesnt come to having to hide in your house to vape like your hitting bongs or something

5 Likes

Philip Morris has entered the prescription vape race. Liber chemist warehouse and all tobacco control idiots aren’t happy . Because philip morris is doing deals with chemists to sign contracts with Philip Morris. All the corrupt ppl aren’t happy there plans for pharmacy vapes are being dismantled by Philip Morris. Will be interesting if government TGA bans tobacco companies from making prescription vapes as Butler says big tobacco is behind the black market vapes.

4 Likes

PM is a heat not burn product. It’s a small packet of tobacco leaf. It heats the packet to temperatures to release the nicotine but not hot enough to combustion. So technically it’s a smoking product and if cigarettes are legal so would a HNB product. PM is staking their business on HNB for their survival. It would be in the court’s for the next two decades.

5 Likes

Veev is pmi vape brand .

2 Likes

VeeV seems to be a E-Liquid disposable pod device. Don’t know how AU looks at E-Liquid devices. My bet the government won’t allow it. PMI would be better off offering their IQOS Heat not burn technology.

3 Likes