Australian Government ***BANNING ALL NICOTINE IMPORTS***

Done, let’s hope for the best

9 Likes

8 Likes

Done… I bet customs right now is shaking their heads at all the nic flowing into the country. :tada:
in less than 10 days all that will dry up, and hurt their jobs as there won’t be so much more work to do.

It all has an economic impact. a damn shame too.

8 Likes

Hopefully this helps… the government’s & every1 needs to hurry up & get wit the program & quit all this ban b.s…, vaping has saved soo many lives…, fuck what the government’s don’t get…, they have more than plenty enough fucking money!!

7 Likes

Done.

8 Likes

Been so busy (sidetracked) with the COVID-19 thing that I completely forgot our (Australian) Health Minister was trying to make this happen. I have enough nicotine in the freezer to last me 6-9 months (hopefully) but I doubt very much there would be time for an order to get to me before the 1st of July even if I ordered today :cry: Oh well, looks like I’ll be searching for a sympathetic doctor who’s not afraid to write me out a prescription. Aaaargh! :rage:

7 Likes

Yeah mate, seems so. The conspiracy theorist in me says they’d rather we all went back onto the stinkies so they can reap the benefits of the extra tax revenue that would generate. When you consider we’re paying $40 per pack, it’s a “nice little earner” as they say. Goons the lot of them :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

10 Likes

That was the first thing I figured out, we have been done over big time! Possibly from NZ before July 1 but definitely not from the US the way the post is at the moment.

Did you see the fine up to $220 000?
Apparently they want to put it in the same class of drug as Meth, go figure that one.

I think they have rejigged the wording so that even that is off the table.

I hope that I’ve misinterpreted but I think the Health Minister the HUNT has reamed us with a 10 foot pole.

Stay safe brother!

9 Likes

It reads to me that you can only obtain with a script and “supplied by a medical supplier/pharmacy”.
So just a script will not cover it anymore.

And… this seems to be saying that customs will be enforcing this also…

They’ve snuck this one in so quickly… not sure if anything can be done?

I am screwed too! :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

G’day @marsh8. I’ve already taken the punt and ordered some nicotine this (Saturday) morning and yes, I forked out the extra and have paid for DHL Express. Hopefully it’ll get to me before the 1st July. I usually just get a 250ml of 100mg but decided to get 2 x 200mg instead.

I “know” I cannot vape zero nic so I’ll have to come up with a solution. Maybe vape zero nic and get my nic fix with gum, lozenges or those nicotine inhaler things.

Yeah, what a joke! Besides the obscene amounts of tax revenue they want from the “cancer sticks”, looks like they want another $220,000 from each one of us that’s trying to do the sensible thing. Geez Louise! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Reading the intro again it states that they “intend to ask” that the GG amend the regs. If he agrees, we’re screwed. Here’s hoping he doesn’t but I’ve “panic bought” just in case. Geez this is messed up. Aaaargh! :rage: Anyway, thanks for the well wishes and good luck to you (and all us Aussies) with this “debacle”. Cheers bro’.

10 Likes

I know this is going to sound funky, @Dardy… and I know you are in a pickle… but…
I am Smoky Blue for a reason. I do dearly love my “smoking” yeah yada yada!! :stuck_out_tongue:
if you can find mixes you enjoy… start thinking on tampering down in nic, but you can tell yourself it isnt tapering down, it’s just adjusting. Before long you will not miss the nic, and will be a flavor vaper.

I do not know what your nic comsumption is, but even stepping down from say a 6% to a 5% can help conserve your use of it. If you remember, your goal was to step away from smoking. Now… you are forced into no nic. I feel so bad for you, but now its that you need to set new goals, and look at this in a more positive light.

I know this is not what you want or want to read. I do. I could not imagine being limited on what to buy or use, but it is coming for us all. These statements are not limited to just you… I really do feel so bad for you guys down there.

If you think more of a conserving… and yes… since you have that amount coming, Stash half of it. Seriously put it on “reserve”… for those in case you have to have a hit of nic.

Nicotine does so many good things for the body, but it is the people voted in that make the rules. You guys need to fight for it, and change who you vote in. Even then it might not help.

So far… I went from at this time last year, with the nic salt testing I have done for quite a few labs, from a high 6% nic salt or if you want, 60mg nic salt, and that is a hella lot… tapered down to a 18mg freebase then to a 16mg, then 12mg, then on down to 6mg and the final move I made was a 3mg… New Years I went zero nic, Valentines I went to a 6% but I dropped it in a week, down to 3% and then I have been nic free ever since. I have had to, due to the nicotine affecting both high blood pressure as well as my heart. Too much nic can do that for us. On the other hand, it’s good for Alzheimer’s patients, and bee stings! :stuck_out_tongue:

If I can, anyone can. I know it is hard, but the cravings subside within 3 days… You can do it. :slight_smile:
I still vape nic free, and some days I am an ultra-light vaper, others I chain vape… but I have no nic at all. I do have 2 8oz of nicotine in my freezer for those times where I might want some nic… but its there waiting in case :wink:

11 Likes

You are so right Smoky, I dropped our nic to 3mg and not long after, I really started chain vaping. So I mixed up some 0mg to chain vape and alternate between them if i find I am ripping through the juice.
The only thing I miss then is the throat hit but I can deal with that.

Thankyou for posting your suggestions, we r in a shitty situation, some ppl on reddit are completely stressing!! & I don’t blame them.
We make the switch and it’s taken away.
Hopefully if any extra ppl from Oz head in here they might find some additional strategies :hugs:

13 Likes

Thanks @anon84779643. Pearls of wisdom as usual :wink: Have taken your suggestions and encouragement onboard and will do my best. Thanks again, you’re a sweetheart :heart_eyes:.

10 Likes

You know if you need to release pressure, feel free to post up here.
Think outside the box too… big hugs right back… :smiley:

9 Likes

Moved the relevant posts from ‘What do you really hate II’ over to here for more visibility. Definitely deserves its’ own thread here in the Advocacy section! Man this stinks.

10 Likes

I keep hearing this kind of bad news from Australia. What’s going on there? Ruled by businesses?

9 Likes

Signed. Good luck to my antipodean brothers and sisters :crossed_fingers:

10 Likes

OMG That’s a Shit Show!

WTF?

I’m down with that from Salisbury Downs :ok_hand:

10 Likes

Sorry, this may get long.

For those that are unaware of what a duplicitous lying POS Greg Hunt is - on the 18 Sept 2018, it was reported by The Guardian ( https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/sep/18/vaping-inquiry-coalition-agrees-to-study-health-effects-of-e-cigarettes ) that Hunt had agreed to have an independent inquiry into the health impacts of nicotine e-cigarettes. The report is due by December 2020 (he announced the inquiry in November 2018). He promised this to the Coalition Party Room. The budget of this independent inquiry is $750k and commenced in February 2019. ( https://www.athra.org.au/blog/2019/08/01/finally-information-about-the-scientific-inquiry-into-vaping-but-questions-remain/ )

Fast forward to 2020 and Hunt has broken his promise to his own party, circumvented any result the independent inquiry may have delivered by banning the import of nicotine 6 months prior to any finding. Not only has he done this he has bypassed the Senate and the House of Reps by going directly to the Gov General to get the regulations changed. Is this is what democracy means in Australia? ( https://www.odc.gov.au/news-media/news/australian-government-proposes-strengthening-its-stance-against-e-cigarettes )

The $750K of taxpayer money has essentially been thrown into the wind, the health of over 300,000 vapers and 2.6 million current smokers has been disregarded as being unimportant to our “Heath” Minister. Not to mention the livelihoods of all those people who either own vape related businesses or are employed by the vape industry in Australia.

For too long many of the Australian vapers have sat back with a she’ll be right mate attitude guess what she ain’t gunna be right. Every Australian vaper needs to get off their collective arse and makes some noise and a lot of it.

What can you do?
Get writing get calling.
Write to HUNT.
https://www.greghunt.com.au/contact/contact-greg/
Blow up his phone starting tomorrow
03-5977 9082
Twitter
https://twitter.com/GregHuntMP

Write To Scomo
https://www.pm.gov.au/contact-your-pm

Blow up his phone starting tomorrow
(02) 6277 7700

Twitter
https://twitter.com/ScottMorrisonMP

Contact your MP through the legalise vaping website and tell them what is happening and the effect it will have on YOU - boilerplate letters are fine but you will get a form letter back try to make it personal to you if you have the time.

http://www.legalisevaping.com.au/demand-action

Sign the petition and get your family members to sign
http://www.legalisevaping.com.au/petition

If and only if we organise and make enough noise will this ever get turned around - don’t sit on your hands. I have been banging on about how people need to advocate if they want to keep vaping for literally years - look at it as a chance to make those smokers who have not quit yet to have an easier time of it - as an aside to you being able to remain smoke-free.

We need all of you and we need all of you right now to pull your finger out and get busy.

14 Likes

@woftam I appreciate both the info, and the time you took to compile/write it up. I’m rather speechless as the “fuck it” 6 months early move, and am shaking my head. Sorry mate.

8 Likes