Battery Chargers recommendations

Read the instructions for the X-Star. It has all the options SD mentioned on his charger. It’s too easy to set those options sometimes. See if there is a option to reset to default.

6 Likes

Sorry, was away building a fire.
I did read the instructions, but will look again for the reset options. Last time, it just required me to pull out and put the usb plug back in again.

4 Likes

Hopefully you went outside to lite the fire.

5 Likes

Do you get vape juice all over and underneath your keys on your keyboard?

3 Likes

Nope! Now my phone is a different story.

4 Likes

@KC, wait, what ??

On the laptop ??

GREAT thread …

6 Likes

Yeah, my keyboard doesn’t have removable keys so I have to use paper to suck it up through capillary action. Short of taking it outside with a blower, I am out of ideas. Thanks for the link!

3 Likes

They make keyboards with seals around each key. There their for dust but it can be wiped down with a damp cloth.

5 Likes

That is a good idea. https://www.amazon.com/Thinnest-Waterproof-Anti-Dust-Sanitized-Universal/dp/B07HYY2YHP/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=seal+shield+keyboard&qid=1674006284&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=A1DU4RYNRU1TM6&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExRzUyVTdFUlBMTTlTJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDQyNTAwMzBIWkFKMEUxRjNBMCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNDQwOTA4MVYwTkhVVlExUldCNiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

3 Likes

I would have another vote for the opus. I’ve been running mine for maybe about 5 years without issue. It may be even closer to 6 years.

6 Likes

That is so impressive to hear! Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi @KC111, can you be more specific about your XTAR VC8 not changing properly? I have had the same charger for a couple of years or more and luckily not had any issues with it.

5 Likes

A couple of the channels never reads as “full”, despite cleaning the contact points.

4 Likes

What does the voltage read at the top of the screen?
If it’s 4.2 or close to it, you’re good to go.
I’ve been using the same charger for years and never a problem with mine.

5 Likes

It reads 3.81v and I’ve only had this for a few months. It is not important anymore, I just ordered 2 Opus battery chargers. :grin:

3 Likes

Ok. Sounds like it was charging in storage mode but that’s 3.7 volts. It also will say ‘DONE’ instead of ‘FULL’ when in this mode.

4 Likes

The thing will do it for you :grin:

I still have mine in a box. Never used it since I got the story about one of them exploding.
It can happen I suppose but I’m a :chicken: and haven’t used it after hearing that.
Give me some more positive feedback and I might not even sweat :laughing:
Might be a good time to get it unboxed. I have some 21700’s that I can’t charge in my Nitecore and some single bat mods I would like to use.

5 Likes

If it’s the same story I saw a couple months ago, it was determined his battery vented while charging.
That could be the fault of the battery being crap or the charger over charging it?
I doubt the charger itself exploded when there is little voltage going to it.
Flip a coin.

5 Likes

Nah, it was a few years ago. It was also a battery going haywire. The guy opened the charger up and it had rusted on the inside.
The chargers are fine AFAIK. I only hear good things about them so I will start using mine.
If I go silent all of a sudden, you know why :rofl:

8 Likes

I use 2 of them in the house and 1 in my truck all week. Have for years. If they will handle the abuse bouncing around in my truck , they must be decent.

6 Likes