BBQ is better with a vape

The earlier images made me think you were trying to cremate it. But the second set showed a juicy mass of munch.

4 Likes

Itā€™s absolutely delicious, Iā€™m at the beach eating some now with my grandchildren :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

That does also sound like a good location to sell some meaty goodness.

Just keep going with the kids, munch away and Iā€™m sure people will eventually come and ask about your food. After feigning reluctance to set up a stall, you grudgingly agree to start one.

Obviously, I expect a percentage of the backend when it is turned into a class family movie of triumphing after aversity.

6 Likes

Never done a boneless butt before, until now. I like that you can get MO rub on it. Weā€™ll see how it fares ā€¦

8 Likes

Didnā€™t know you were a fan of big butts!

7 Likes

Oh yes @Pastorfuzz, because they do not lie ā€¦

4 Likes

Lemon Tart for the win today ā€¦

7 Likes

@SessionDrummer Iā€™ll be needing a big portion of the ā€œButtā€ and a little of that ā€œtartā€ (pork butt and lemon tart that is) :crazy_face: :drooling_face:

2 Likes

7 Likes

Beautiful! :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Who says you canā€™t get a smoke ring from pellets ?? !!!

Not bad for boneless @TimWV. Never done one before, and was just used to bone-inā€™s.

1 Like

@SessionDrummer Iā€™ve used boneless a few times and didnā€™t have any real issues but I do prefer bone in, maybe itā€™s just tradition but I just seem to have better end product with bone in. Iā€™ve never used a pellet smoker but Iā€™ve heard great things about them and it sure looks to me that you have it down to an art! Lovinā€™ that smoke ring! Can you email or message me a taste lol

2 Likes

Thanks @TimWV it was not without failures. Most notably the pellets. I figured Iā€™d use Traeger pellets seeing as though itā€™s a Traeger smoker, BUT, they sucked ā€¦

https://www.amazon.com/Traeger-PEL319-Hickory-All-Natural-Hardwood/dp/B01F2YP954/

After some Meathead research, it became obvious that I needed the real ones. Lumberjack uses ALL of the species in the pellets, and WOW, can you tell the difference. I order a couple of hundred pounds from Wisconsin, thatā€™s how good they are ā€¦

Can any pellet smoker, even a Yoder replace a stick built fire ?? Probably not, BUT, theyā€™ve come a LONG way.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve never used a boneless Boston Butt. Didnā€™t even know they exist. I am not able to smoke or grill where I live so I pressure cook it in my Ninja Foodi. Takes about 2-1/2 to 3 hours or so and comes out so tender and juicy. I put garlic cloves in some shallow cuts before browning it and followed by a rub . Then pressure cook it. The shoulder blade just pulls right out and then itā€™s time to shred it. Always comes out tasty.

6 Likes

Pecan and Apple wood smoked spareribs- getting ready for tomorrow!

10 Likes

I was going to smoke a couple of whole chickens tomorrow but the few store I went to only had very small one.
The butcher at my meat market says whole chickens donā€™t sell very well anymore because people are too lazy or just donā€™t know how to cut one up.
Pretty sad

5 Likes

@Pastorfuzz it is sad, cutting a chicken is so easy, I always buy whole chickens so I can utilize the back and neck for broths and sauces, thereā€™s a pretty good butcher here at the capital market and he sells locally grown free range chickens, theyā€™re so good! Iā€™m going to spatchcock two of them and put them on in the morning. Iā€™ve got like 12 people coming over to celebrate, mostly family and a couple neighbors and a few missionaries from the church.

6 Likes

Sounds like a good time.
I ended up getting 10 lbs of boneless ribs to do tomorrow.
Going to make the potato salad tonight.
Getting hungry already.
Have a good 4th

3 Likes

You as well! Enjoy the day

2 Likes

Damned nice @TimWV.

2 Likes