BBQ is better with a vape

I do use a slightly modified version of the minion method, I got the idea from; Weber Smokey Mountain How-To Cook Smoke Win BBQ Grand Champion Pitmaster Harry Soo SlapYoDaddyBBQ

[

Harry Soo

](https://m.youtube.com/@SlapYoDaddyBBQ)

4 Likes

Well folks, back in June 2017 this thread was started …

… and 7 years later, still que’ing it up. Trying out a NEW one from the GREAT state of Texas …

5 Likes

9 Likes

Looking great @SessionDrummer I’ll be there around 4ish? :crazy_face:

I’ll probably be firing up the ol’WSM tomorrow, I’ve got a bone in chuck dry brining right now.

4 Likes

Hehe @TimWV un-foiled them a bit ago, and it’s looking like 1630’ish. :slight_smile:

Suhwheet !!!

2 Likes

@TimWV profiles were on point, but I went a little TOO heavy on the new (to me) rub, just a hint salty.

6 Likes

Lookin’ good and bet it tastes delicious.
Not BBQ but made some “Juicy Lucie’s” for lunch today. Hamburgers stuffed with sharp cheddar and feta cheese. They were tasty !!

3 Likes

@Cary1 now THAT sounds delicious.

2 Likes

Not necessarily bad as you have to drink more beer to quench the thirst the saltiness causes :grinning:

2 Likes

Getting Ready…

Elk Ribs & Shoulder Roast… dinner in about 12 hours! :yum: :drooling_face:

7 Likes

VERY NICE looking @TimWV.

How are you making out with the tree damage ?

@SessionDrummer Got everything cleared out, (enough firewood for 2 years!). Insurance has already paid, waiting on contractor to get started on the foundation, then having the “shed” built, then the landscaping. All things going relatively smooth.

7 Likes

Looks like God’s Country out there @TimWV

4 Likes

Absolutely is, I love it here!

5 Likes

A piece of paradise!

5 Likes

Not BBQ, but still had meat, flames, and some nice char …

8 Likes

@SessionDrummer counts as BBQ in my book! By the way, they look fantastic!

4 Likes

Thanks @TimWV. I just turn on the burners and the sear burner as well, get it over 550, and depending, do them about 1.5 to 2.0 minutes per criss cross, on both sides.

My tried and true steakhouse seasoning went extinct while I wasn’t looking, and had to try and clone it LOL.

4 Likes
  • 2 Teaspoon Kosher salt
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Ground coriander
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Cumin powder
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Smoked paprika
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic powder
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Onion powder
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Black pepper
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
6 Likes

@SessionDrummer that looks like a great steak seasoning recipe to me!

4 Likes