Be polite and introduce yourself!

Welcome and glad you joined.
You may have not found the right e liquid category/taste that works for you.
Some of my general categories:
Bakery
Butterscotch / Butter Rum/Toffee
Caramel
Chocolate
Cinnamon
Creams/Custards/Vanilla/MM/CC
Nut
Peanut Butter
Tobacco
MISC SINGLES/Fruit etc.
re: https://www.migvapor.com/ecig-news/vape-flavors-explained/
I found that if you stick to general category recipes which you know you should like, your chances of success should improve. You might want to select flavors that have the highest liked rating rather than selecting one companies entire line of flavors. Suggest using:
https://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavors
and type in flavor and check ratings etc…

7 Likes

Welcome @JvapeD89 :wave:

There’s a ton of info here & many great people to ask for advice when you get stuck.

Happy vaping :grin:

8 Likes

Welcome @JvapeD89!

8 Likes

OK so I am better buying certain flavours from certain places? Thanks for the insight I was thinking that maybe that would overcomplicated things but I will trust your advice and look around the flavours on here to find what suits me. Recently I have been swaying towards dessert type of flavours but no doubt that will change in a few months :joy:

6 Likes

I dunno… I have stuck to one flavor manufacture now for years… I know the flavors like the back of my hand, and… I enjoy it… Not all want to collect 2k in flavors and pay shipping to lots of resellers… it is a matter of finding what one likes. I will agree on what will work best for the goals of taste and satisfaction. In the end… it is the person that is vaping what is mixed and how happy they can be on taste and quality. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Welcome
An interesting thread to read as well before diving into the deep end, might save you some $$$

7 Likes

Hello my name is Marc, I’ve been vaping for 5 years now. I’ve recently ventured into the idea of DYI e liquid. I have been looking around the site and have found a ton of useful information that has been so helpful to me

17 Likes

Hi @MAS5 and welcome.

welcome-cat_orig

9 Likes

Welcome @MAS5 Enjoy the stay

8 Likes

7 Likes

Hi everyone! My name is Lori aka tommboy. (my CB handle back in the day)

I quit cigs and have been vaping for a few years now. In an effort to save money I tried to find some cheap juice I could buy in bulk but it was terrible, so overly sweet and chemical it was making me sick. I finally decided to give DIY a try. Despite reading advice against it, I just went onto NR and ordered a few flavors I thought I might like. Tried to stick with the diketone free stuff. Mixed up a few single flavors and a couple simple 2-3 ingredient mixes and vaped a bit immediately. To my great relief, even my inexperienced, unsteeped mixing was miles better than the premixed crap I had most recently bought!

I found this site and love all the info and that you can enter and store all your flavors and recipes. Looking forward to trying some of the recipes on here now that I’ve gotten my feet wet! A big thanks to whom ever started this site and all the contributors.

16 Likes

Welcome to ELR Lori!

Glad you’re finding it useful, and happy you joined in!

That would be @daath (AKA Lars) :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hello I’m verly new at vaping. Half november I quite smoking and started vaping. I was finding it hard to find a good vapeble juice, so was reading and watching a lot of video’s off how to DIY your own e-liquid. Well my first badge came in last friday! I’m just waiting for my scale to arrive, so I can start to have some fun.

16 Likes

Welcome @Tommboy and @Wanda_van_Bogerijen Enjoy your mixing trip. There is a lot of knowledge accumulated in the forum and friendly people who always answer our questions

11 Likes

8 Likes

It’s kind of difficult to start out DIY’g when you are still trying out new equipment and establishing your taste favorites. One shot flavors are starting to gain momentum for those interested in mixing their own and want to start out simple. One shot flavors (OS/Flavor Blends) are premixed flavors that are only designed to be used on their own and mixed with a base of Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerin and Nicotine (at least one/two/all of the three).Say you use three flavors at 4%, 3% and 2.5%. The one-shot/concentrate is just an entire bottle of those three flavors in the correct ratio. One shot mixing is supposed to be close to the flavor promoted on the bottle. These mixes may allow some adjustment of the strength (percentage) of the mix. OS Mixing can be a good introductory to DIY. One shots and flavor blends are simply added per directions to the mixer’s desired mixing base, Shake and Vape (SnV) or steep as directed.
Might check out the ELR resource page under Shops:
https://e-liquid-recipes.com/resources
Most flavor shops handle OS flavors.

8 Likes

Welcome to the club.

9 Likes

That first badge is always nice. Plenty more to come. Welcome.

9 Likes

A big welcome @MAS5, @Tommboy and @Wanda_van_Bogerijen

9 Likes

Hi yes your right i should tell you a bit about myself. Im Brian im 58 and Australian but i am now living in the Phillippines.
I have been a member her for about 3 years but havent really done much here so im not exactly new.
I have been off the death sticks now for about
6 months again but im hoping this time i can stay off.
Nice to see there is always help here, but its so hard to get much in the way flavours to mix with here but im looking to find a good supplier here in the Phillippines.
Thanks again for your help and comments. Xxx

11 Likes