Be polite and introduce yourself!

Welcome and glad you joined.

7 Likes

Hi everyone! My name is Lori aka tommboy. (my CB handle back in the day)

I quit cigs and have been vaping for a few years now. In an effort to save money I tried to find some cheap juice I could buy in bulk but it was terrible, so overly sweet and chemical it was making me sick. I finally decided to give DIY a try. Despite reading advice against it, I just went onto NR and ordered a few flavors I thought I might like. Tried to stick with the diketone free stuff. Mixed up a few single flavors and a couple simple 2-3 ingredient mixes and vaped a bit immediately. To my great relief, even my inexperienced, unsteeped mixing was miles better than the premixed crap I had most recently bought!

I found this site and love all the info and that you can enter and store all your flavors and recipes. Looking forward to trying some of the recipes on here now that I’ve gotten my feet wet! A big thanks to whom ever started this site and all the contributors.

16 Likes

Welcome to ELR Lori!

Glad you’re finding it useful, and happy you joined in!

That would be @daath (AKA Lars) :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hello I’m verly new at vaping. Half november I quite smoking and started vaping. I was finding it hard to find a good vapeble juice, so was reading and watching a lot of video’s off how to DIY your own e-liquid. Well my first badge came in last friday! I’m just waiting for my scale to arrive, so I can start to have some fun.

16 Likes

Welcome @Tommboy and @Wanda_van_Bogerijen Enjoy your mixing trip. There is a lot of knowledge accumulated in the forum and friendly people who always answer our questions

11 Likes

8 Likes

It’s kind of difficult to start out DIY’g when you are still trying out new equipment and establishing your taste favorites. One shot flavors are starting to gain momentum for those interested in mixing their own and want to start out simple. One shot flavors (OS/Flavor Blends) are premixed flavors that are only designed to be used on their own and mixed with a base of Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerin and Nicotine (at least one/two/all of the three).Say you use three flavors at 4%, 3% and 2.5%. The one-shot/concentrate is just an entire bottle of those three flavors in the correct ratio. One shot mixing is supposed to be close to the flavor promoted on the bottle. These mixes may allow some adjustment of the strength (percentage) of the mix. OS Mixing can be a good introductory to DIY. One shots and flavor blends are simply added per directions to the mixer’s desired mixing base, Shake and Vape (SnV) or steep as directed.
Might check out the ELR resource page under Shops:
https://e-liquid-recipes.com/resources
Most flavor shops handle OS flavors.

8 Likes

Welcome to the club.

9 Likes

That first badge is always nice. Plenty more to come. Welcome.

9 Likes

A big welcome @MAS5, @Tommboy and @Wanda_van_Bogerijen

9 Likes

Hi yes your right i should tell you a bit about myself. Im Brian im 58 and Australian but i am now living in the Phillippines.
I have been a member her for about 3 years but havent really done much here so im not exactly new.
I have been off the death sticks now for about
6 months again but im hoping this time i can stay off.
Nice to see there is always help here, but its so hard to get much in the way flavours to mix with here but im looking to find a good supplier here in the Phillippines.
Thanks again for your help and comments. Xxx

11 Likes

Hi again Brian,
I didn’t realise you were already a member here!
I am an Aussie too, there a few of us here… maybe you already know that.
I’m not sure if anyone is from the Phillippines…
Congratulations on stopping smoking :+1:

5 Likes

Thanks for that, we will see as time goes if any are from phillippines. Nice to meet you.

6 Likes

Welcome @brian41

6 Likes

I don’t go by my first name anymore, after having a child now it’s Daddy Alder. So for the sake of this place you can call me Alder without the Daddy! Been in East Texas most of my life. Smoked for 30 years, stopped smoking and started vaping 12/28/18. First mod was a Voopoo drag mini with Tforce 2 tank. Battery wasn’t good for a full day so I went with the Aegis Legend.
The Tforce 2 tank was ok with the Freemax mesh coils but I still wasn’t satisfied. I bought a Feemax Fireluke and used the triple mesh pro coils and finally was happy with the vapor production.
I grew tired of buying brick and mortar juice so I turned to some internet shopping. 2ohm6 an Kiteincloud is where i got juice for a while. Dave at 2ohm6 stopped selling juice, and he told me vaping legislation was coming soon. Boy was he right!
Being the only income in my family, I had to find a cheaper way. That’s when I started tobacco extracts and That’s all I vaped for months. Then I bought the Wotofo Profile Unity and Vandy Vape Kylin M. The mesh RTA’s were easy builds, the wicking took a while to master.
I grew tired of just vaping Nets so I decided to start mixing. I have ordered from Riversupply and Jungleflavors a few times. I will be trying BullCityFlavors next. I started experimenting and found that I can make better juice than I can buy at the store and way cheaper too.
This is the closest to social media I have come since I gave up facebook 3 years ago. ELR is such a valuable resource to me, especially the people, always willing to help. One day I hope I have gained enough knowledge and experience to help others here!

12 Likes

Welcome to flavor paradise … nice to have you.

6 Likes

Hope you have a great time here, and nice to meet you!

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum Alder - you’ll be Helping others before you know it :grin:

6 Likes

Welcome to ELR @Alder_Farm.

8 Likes

8 Likes