Be polite and introduce yourself!

Orange circle to the right of the screen with a green 1 top left of that.

4 Likes

@Gazza7 welcome

5 Likes

Click on your avatar (yours would be an orange circle with capital G), there would be a drop down menu. Click on the ones highlighted.

4 Likes

@Gazza7, welcome to ELR. As posted above, click your avatar/image up top right to reveal more choices. If itā€™s a green circle, it may be a new PM (Private Message or Direct Message). Click the little envelope icon to view your PMā€™s.

Snap 2020-08-22 at 05.03.46

5 Likes

Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately just clicking on the icon doesnā€™t do much.
I initially thought that but when I click it the blue circles disappear but the green one remains. A drop down sort of appears (as in a very small rectangular shape) but I canā€™t seem to make it drop any further so I can read whatā€™s on it.
I should mention Iā€™m using a very old iPad which I donā€™t know but perhaps that could be the problem.

Cheers.

4 Likes

The blue ones are notifications.
They let you know that someone ā€œlikedā€ a post you did, or they notify you that someone has replied to you.
They disappear when you have clicked on your name (when the ā€œscreen slides openā€) and have taken notice of them. (Effectively, youā€™ve been notified, so the blue dots are removed.)

The green dot is to let you know that you have a private message waiting.

Just like with the blue dot, you can click on the highlighted link, that will take you to either the liked post, the reply to your post, or to the PM that awaits your attention.

Hope this helps.

5 Likes

Thanks.
Iā€™d worked the blue one out but not the green. I will also publicly state Iā€™m an absolute computer idiot who is trying to grasp this new fangled technology thing but fails miserably!

Clicking the icon on the top right still did nothing but the one lined with the posts did and I was able to read the message. Thatā€™s probably what people were telling me to do and I was confused!

Thanks again and apologies for being a numbskull.

6 Likes

Not a numbskull. Just not aware. Thereā€™s an important difference IMO. :wink: lol

The fact that you are trying to learn something new speaks volumes!

I hope you enjoy your journey into DIY mixing!

7 Likes

Hey guys,

Been a member since June 2nd, 2018 but only recently remembered the forum part of ELR. Not that I would have had much time anyway, but I have now so here I am.

I was a very heavy smoker for over 30 years until I found vaping late 2017. Being the type of person I am, I researched the hell out of it before finally committing on Jan 27th 2018. I am pleased to say I have not had a cig since!

Got into DIY within 6 months of my vape journey as I was not at all happy with the commercial juice available. As a MTL only vapist I found them too sweet but vastly underflavoured for me. Been happily mixing my own ever since and love simple recipes that give good flavour for my vaping style.

Happy to be here (finally) where I can both learn and participate in this great community.

Cheers :smiley:

13 Likes

Welcome @Ianc13 , you are sure to have fun here, enjoy your stay

6 Likes

@Ianc13 , glad you found the Forum side. Welcome :grin:

5 Likes

Hi lanc, I should have welcomed you formally yest after our chit chat - Welcome to the forum!!
Glad to have another Aussie on board, @woftam could you please add @Ianc13 to the Aussie thread? If you have not already?

Oh and @Gazza7 too please :grin:

4 Likes

Thank you @Sevencasper, happy to be here.

Aussie thread?

4 Likes

The Aussie thread is where we can share info about suppliers/info that are Aussie based etcā€¦

4 Likes

Been member since Mar 2017 and recently found the forum (just a couple of days ago). Quit 15 years of smoking and been vaping since 2015. Mixing has been my fav hobby ever since I started mixing.

10 Likes

@Arun Welcome mate. :smiley:

4 Likes

Welcome @Arun Much knowledge accumulated in the forum, hours of reading and fun

5 Likes

Welcome

more chars

5 Likes

Welcome @Ianc13 and @Arun

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Ianc13 and @Arun :call_me_hand:

5 Likes