Be polite and introduce yourself!

Welcome @yodaofborg. You seem to be on the right track. In the beginning, reading will get you headed in the right direction. Then members will help with direct questions. Most skip the first part, so you are doing great.

9 Likes

Iā€™ve been using ELR for a long time now and thought it was about time I said hello.

My name is Gazza and I live in Australia. Iā€™ve been Vaping approximately 8 years after over 30 years of smoking. I was one of the lucky ones where I was able to quit smoking immediately after my first vape. Still had to use willpower for the first two weeks but it was a lot easier than ever before.

Iā€™ve been DIYing for about 7 years and now find it one of the most attractive aspects of vaping. Iā€™ve used ELR for tips and opinions on concentrates etc and have adapted quite a few recipes that Iā€™ve found on here too.

Unfortunately due to Australiaā€™s rediculous stance on vaping,and more specifically nicotine, things may get a lot harder soon enough but after reading posts from around the world weā€™re certainly not the only ones.

I thought it way overdue that I should introduce myself and apologise for not doing so before.

A belated Thankyou for all the recipes Iā€™ve ā€˜stolenā€™!

10 Likes

LOL Welcome Gazza!

7 Likes

Welcome to the Forum @Gazza7 :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

Thanks.

I suppose I should add that although I can certainly be accused of lurking I have been adding my opinions on my flavour stash so I donā€™t feel quite as guilty.
In fact I just added my opinion on Flavorah Cherry Filling to the others.
Very strange flavour that quite honestly has me confused.

Iā€™m surprised given the current state of affairs in regards to vaping just about worldwide more people arenā€™t DIYing. Over my timeline Iā€™ve noticed there has certainly been an increase in vapers but very few that Iā€™ve spoken to actually make their own juice.
In Australia most online retailers utalise a ā€˜doublerā€™ which is a double concentrated juice that the vaper simply adds PG, VG and nicotine to, which results in a finished juice at their desired ratio.
Iā€™ve met a few that use them but the majority just seem to add nicotine to a pre made zero nic juice.
At the end of the day the important thing is theyā€™re not smoking and each to their own.

I was recently introduced to making my own NETS and was quite happy with the results. Iā€™d toyed with the idea for a long time but someone kindly donated me some tobacco and advice so I gave it a go. Nothing flash, just tobacco left in a jar with PG for three months and decanted with a coffee filter into another jar.

As I still prefer tobacco flavours I was happy for the polite and generous nudge.

I prefer NETs but find some synthetic tobaccos more than acceptable and sometimes play around mixing both together.

Anyway,enough rambling and I hope to contribute more in the future.

11 Likes

Welcome Gazza. Try @Kinnikinnickā€™s recipes if you like tobacco. I promise you, he is the man for that. He used to be real active here and did a LOT with tobaccos. He inspired a few recipes of mine that turned me onto tobacco vapes.

9 Likes

Welcome and thanks for joining.

7 Likes

Welcome @Gazza7, sure you have fun here, and with 7 years of mixing, sure you can contribute your knowledge to the forum

8 Likes

Welcome @G

@G

6 Likes

Strange! When I @ Gazza7 only the @ and the G show??? @D

@d

3 Likes

I tried to @ Larrs and that didnā€™t work either :unamused:

3 Likes

Try @daath perhaps? :wink:

3 Likes

Hep hep @Gazza7ā€¦ Welcome to da house :house_with_garden: :sun_with_face:

6 Likes

Original I did use daath but it looks like I had a upper case D. It expanded for completion so it should have worked. I just now tried again with the
lower case d and it expanded correctly but after I hit enter itā€™s still not working. Iā€™m guessing if I clear cash it will be fixed but I have a bunch of pages open at the moment so Iā€™ll try later.

5 Likes

I have been noticing similar issues @daa

Editā€¦ See!!! That was supposed to be @daath

5 Likes

THat is the ticket @LordVapor.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @yodaofborg :grin:

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Gazza7 :grin:

6 Likes

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Can I ask what is probably a very silly question please?

At the top right adjacent to my ā€˜Gā€™ is a green circle with the number 1 in it.
Iā€™m assuming it means Iā€™ve got something to read or do but cannot work out how to access it to find out what that is.

Can someone please explain to me what it means?

Thanks.

4 Likes

What side and what color is it?

3 Likes