Best and Worst Mods and Why

So hard to pick just two. I must categorize: for away from the house, my favorite is the Vaporesso Gen. For the house: Drone DNA 250C. If I feel like carrying small, then it’s the IPV D3s. All three perform very well and the Gen and D3S are small and light enough that they don’t bother me when I’m out and about. The Drone is a fantastic mod but bulky.
The worst: The Aspire Pegasus. It looks pretty but the wheel adjustment on mine is either off or the mod is very underpowered.

5 Likes

Which is my site?

4 Likes

@woftam, yes. don’t you have one?

3 Likes

I do have an inactive site atm so not really. But I am also in Australia so it would not be an economical place to shop anyhow.

5 Likes

@woftam,good point lol

3 Likes

to all, I think I’m gonna pass out lol. chat w\ yall tomorrow (today lol). night

4 Likes

My Jackaroo by Vandy vape is a tough mod. This is my outdoors/fishing setup cos its water proof.
Horizontech Falcon king tank on it in photo. I use mech mods at home with rta’s usually

7 Likes

Hubby’s Legend - not cleaned in god knows how long - no probs (touch wood I’m saying now tho!)
Never have opened that port cover - not sure I could now :rofl:

5 Likes

@Caped_Conspirathist
Search Nic salt on the recipe side, I just did & some recipes showed up :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I happen to love my VOOPOO Drag 2, Topped with the FreemaxMeshPro, it’s my daily carry to work mod, like that in watt mode it scrolls up / down in whole numbers, easy when I change tanks. I never buy “kits” just mod only then put a tank on that I like.

I have a bunch of SMOK mods and tanks, (big baby beast & Prince tank with rba section) seriously never had an issue with any of them, although I don’t use the tanks much any more. Smok g priv 2 lux with Wotofo profile rta is a happy setup

Worst mod I own (won in a giveaway) is the SnowWolf MFENG UX, the UX tank is actually pretty good, except one of the two coils it came with was a dud, but can’t find coils for it locally, one shop owner told me “I won’t sell that junk”

5 Likes

My favorite tank is still an old school supertank tobeco best flavor of any I’ve tried. I don’t do high watts on it though 45-50

4 Likes

@JAWS1 I have that same, tank too! The lady who The M3 triple coils for it are getting rare though. I can find all the others but I like the M3s.

5 Likes

@Rocky02852 … Ok, love the red Transformers looking mod!!! If it says, “Autobots, transform and roll out” when you turn it on"… HOW MUCH??? I GIVE YOU LOTS OF MONEY!!! :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

I picked up 2 Baby Prince tanks (I paid 9.99 for both?) Brand new in the box. OMG the tanks are so small!!! I made a mistake on an order on Black Friday and didn’t look at them again until xmas. The website I got them from was a store going out of business… all sales are final. I don’t know what I’d use such a small unit for. I still have to find some coils for them.

5 Likes

@Sevencasper, Nice looking Legend. I have a Legend also. Don’t open the port! after a few times it makes the unit vulnerable to liquids. I know… I found out the hard way.

5 Likes

@JAWS1 I’ve seen a mod like this once. It was being used by one of the regulars at a vape shop. That shop had to close though because of the vaping scare. They had some nice stuff too. damn shame.

5 Likes

My favorite mods are:

Smoant Battlestar…tough and great form factor.

Topside single…have 4 of them, 3 are constantly used.

Voopoo Drag…not the most comfortable but works great and has been going for over two years.

VT Inbox…have two going at all times, got a couple of spares.

7 Likes

@natbone I looked them all up to see what they look like. Nice mods!

6 Likes

Those screens can be ordered from https://www.geekvape.com/store/parts-accessories/replacement-screen-for-original-aegis-legend.html?___SID=U 2 different ones so you may need to research it. They are a good mod in my opinion

5 Likes

@David5362 I ordered 2 replacements. They’re to wide and are 1 piece where the original is 2. If you try to put 1 in alone, the buttons float. I guess my next step is to modify the old internal part to remove the plastic LED cover and put the new one on with the glass over the opening. Here’s the original damage. Note all the white area was clear before. I polished most of the damage out of the LED cover. The replacement is just the glass. I broke the 1st one trying.

. I was expecting the 2 part system. That’s not what I got. I’ve damaged the aluminum too trying to get the new one in. I’m gonna grind the side of it down some also so that it fits.

5 Likes

This is the replacement. I’ve tried to capture the glass covering. The part is a little thicker than the original. Probably about .010in. I Even showed tech support the issue. They sent the pictures to china and this is what I got back (2 - 2 1/2 months after ordering).

4 Likes