Best and Worst Mods and Why

@David5362, It’s gonna take a little modification, that’s for sure. It’s upsetting that I have to order another though. breaking the first one really pissed me off. It’s supposed to be a workable replacement.

4 Likes

@David5362, I just ordered 4 more. Ugh. I hate it when I have to modify stuff.

4 Likes

Looks like it is a pain I think the confussion is in the 2 different models, the original has glass in the plate the updated legend does not and the placements of the openings are a little different. I also would avoid any cleaners on screens other than distilled water or alcohol. Some of the electronics spray cleaners may be a bit caustic

8 Likes

@David5362 The electronics cleaner is what did it in the first place. However… Modification complete… Here’s the result

After I ground out the lens extension and trimmed the sides so the cover slipped into place, You can see the result. I just used the back plate to make a back plate to hold the cover. Didn’t take long at all actually.

What do you think?

7 Likes

@Caped_Conspirathist this has been the mech/rta setup of the decade so far for me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Purge Slam MECH with a Steam Crave Glaz v2 RTA

Yeah I’ve only tried the M2, M1 & F1 coils from Horizontech out of all of them I found the M1 lasted the longest & the M2 had the best flavour for me. The F1 didn’t compare the the M line of coils so I never reordered any.

I have had all the Falcon line of tanks and they have worked for me in my early days. Nowadays I can’t go past the mech/rta thing for flavour and clouds it’s just too good. However I always like to have a tank setup handy for when I can’t be bothered building rtas. etc…

6 Likes

ok, why? and why so many?

2 Likes

yeah, me too. what a shitty place to put a port. Did you ever try replacing the cover? I had to use food oil and a tool to stuff the lil rubber tag in. NOT fun!!!

2 Likes

@JAWS1 I get the M3’s because they last soo long at low watts. btw Beautiful mod!!! 10 years?!?! damn!

2 Likes

@JAWS1 maybe a smidge off topic but why do my tanks start leaking after 2-3 weeks of use?? They work fine for a while, then start to drool all over! ugh!!!

2 Likes

@authormichellehughes, love that the port is at the bottom. looks like a stable unit to sit on a table. do they make them anymore? you use RTA’s right? do you use any of the store bought coil units? Who makes Supertank? can you still get them? If so, what kind of store bought coils do they use?

2 Likes

@authormichellehughes, the SMOK tank is to glitzy for me. Is it a SMOK tank? I’m hearing a lot of bad stuff about them.

2 Likes

sorry if I;m tagging people wrong. just say, “fucking noob!” lmao

2 Likes

Doug - it is super hard to follow your questions since they sort of pop up in random spots but never mind.
The coils start leaking once the cotton gets old generally means time for a coil change

5 Likes

@JAWS1 I have that same tank except mine is a falcon II. No clue what the difference is. I had the falcon I in the same color too

2 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Doug Has Questions

@Caped_Conspirathist this decade haha as in since the start of this year :joy:

3 Likes

I’ve been using an eleaf ikon since they came out. Since they quit making the amitt 25 I’m still in search of a new tank.

4 Likes

@JAWS1 oopssie??? lmao

2 Likes

I have a wismec luxotic 200w squonker while being awesomely cool and completely unbreakable I just don’t like carrying it around. Cue the teslacigs 80w regulated tube. Why do I like it? Because it’s damn sexy… Also it’s regulated that I love. I vape at about 65w which on my combo (vapefly brunhilde) gives me tonnes of flavor and a nice pleasant cloud to sit in. Even with my luxotic I rarely passed 70w anyway. The downside? Yep battery life especially as I’m running 2 bad boy coils on an 86w tube mod. Look it has other modes that last longer but I love it so much changing a battery 3 times a day is no worry for me.

2 Likes

Hey Doug :slight_smile: No it’s Tobeco and they are getting harder to find. They do make an RTA Supertank Tobeco but I am just learning how to put the pre-built coils in so I don’t know if the RTA from this is as good as the tried and true Sub Ohm tank https://www.elementvape.com/tobeco-super-sub-ohm-tank this is the one I still use.

3 Likes