Best 'OMG' taste moment and worst 'OMG I can't believe I paid for that cr@p' moment in you're whole vaping career!

Prepare to be stunned. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m going home today so it should be there waiting for me :grin::clap:

1 Like

Iā€™ve nearly bought Andromeda so many times in the past hahaā€¦swerved.

1 Like

Hmmm. I didnā€™t spend that much time at the bnm shops so my experiance is limited. First omg horrible was finding out the ejuice I purchased was a zero nic instead of 8mg and I was trying to quit smokingā€¦to top it off the store and manufacturer were zero help. First omg great taste moment was trying my first subohm tank (aspire Atlantis)ā€¦it unlocked the flavors.

Next omg disappointment was tasting an apple ejuice in the shop and buying a 30ml bottle to find it lacking in flavorā€¦so I started digging into something called ā€œsteeping.ā€ My steeping research unlocked DIY for me and everything else.

Made my first mod, battery, and charger purchase. Continued reading every possible thread on DIY. After a month of reading jumped into DIY.

Next worste omg flavor was the standard ā€¦none of my mixes were working while every raved about the latest HIC recipie and so on. Turned out what I was trying to mix would never work for me while it worked just fine for 1000 other people.

After that it has been never ending happiness. Fingers crossed, havnt had to dump a mix in a very long timeā€¦few fixerā€™upers but all goodā€¦Atleast vapable

2 Likes

This is what turned me to buying expensive concentrates. Nothing against other mixers, but I just donā€™t get hardly any flavor from a lot of TPA, CAP and FW. Highly concentrated was the way for me.

1 Like

yeah I should change mine, after posting this thread Iā€™ve remembered a couple of things, like you my first OMG moment wasnā€™t just trying Mothers Milk the first time but actually I bought my first Kanger sub tank at the same time I bought my first bottle of MM, so it was a real WOW moment and definitely what kicked me off properly on the whole vape 'thangā€™
and I also remembered the first time I bought a Mechanical from fasttech, I mean I knew nothing and really shouldnā€™t of been messing about with it with so little knowledge, anyway, no pole markings on it, Just presumed the batts went in opposite, but they were meant to be parallel, couldnā€™t work out why it was getting so hot, then the batts swelled, couldnā€™t get it out, one starting hissing so I had to launch the whole thing out of the window (face palm) I was lucky, but never again did I mess with anything like this without knowing what I was doing lol :worried:

2 Likes

Which ones do you recommend just by way of interest?

It would need itā€™s own thread. Iā€™ll try and put a list togetherā€¦ hopefully I wonā€™t step on anyoneā€™s foot in the process. Maybe I can set it up for each vaper to put up their favorites. We have a Recommended Research List, but a lot of them I donā€™t use.

2 Likes

That would be cool, Iā€™ve only been mixing for a year so Iā€™ve barely moved from the ā€˜big 3ā€™ as you call them, Iā€™ve just used a couple of INW which I like a lot and a few more oddities like One on One, DV, T juice and Vapable, but I bow down to the knowledge from people on this forum, I can cook but Iā€™m no chef :grin:

1 Like

Youā€™re on the right path. You ask questions and absorb info from the replies. We are all different, so youā€™re sure to get a lot of views. Weā€™ve all been there. DIY is a process, and you will get to where you want to be.

A lot of people have made a lot of money and web fame from the ā€œBig 3ā€. Theyā€™re just not my 1st choice for most flavors I like to use. I actually feel like the odd man out, because not many vapers actually share my view of vaping and diy liquids. I just do what works for me.

2 Likes

Lol. I remember a back and forth discussion on that very topic and not that many jumped in. My best mixes sit at the 5-8% range with only a couple that sit at the 15-18 just because I canā€™t seem to find the flavors from the other three (FA, mf, INW)

1 Like

Iā€™d be really interested in that too if you get the time to do it.

1 Like

Best OMG moment: trying a friendā€™s Innokin Coolfire IV (with whatever tank Innokin ships with it in a kit), and some unknown bubblegum juice. I wouldnā€™t normally even try bubblegum, but this was amazing and smooth, and I canā€™t wait to try it with my favourite flavours.

Worst OMG moment: has yet to happen. Thereā€™ve been some boring juices/hardward but thatā€™s about it so far.

1 Like

best- trying my brothers tfv4 back when those were up and comingā€¦ with a banana nut bread-ish flavor

worst was over using lychee (tpa)ā€¦ itd be the definition of what cat pee probably would vape like

1 Like

I have been vaping since 1/1/13, started with them cough,gag,cough, Blucigs at the gas stations, stuck with it till the egoā€™s, kangertanks, etc.
But my Best moment was when I found ELR, and my worst moment was when I made my 1st juice, puke!!!

1 Like

thatā€™s what got me on vaping first, was a blu e-cig. the counter guy was likeā€¦ I donā€™t think these things even work but eh haha

1 Like