Blackberry - Tips and Tricks

Ha! Did you think you were going to find a hidden treasure for mixing a good blackberry vape? Sorry to disappoint. But I’m hoping this thread will turn into something useful because I love me some blackberry. Problem is no matter what I can’t seem to get a good, authentic tasting blackberry vape. After some contemplation and much trial and error I have a feeling the key to unlock this mystery will be something along the same path to a good strawberry that many have done which is mixing TPA Strawberry Ripe with CAP Sweet Strawberry. But what to do for blackberry.

Rather than try and remember all my failings let me just ask…do you have a good blackberry? Do you have a mix that makes one taste more like a real berry? I’m all for mixing something with one of my blackberry flavors that does the trick, so if you want to check out my flavor stash to see if you know what I already have that works. I would be willing to buy something new too as long as it make that authentic taste.

1 Like

Oh I love blackberry too. I use Only LA’s blackberry at 5-6% and it Has to steep at least 2-3 weeks bc it can be rough early on. One of my tricks is to use 1 drop of smooth. I also let it air it has to have air time like 2 hours after mixing and spinning it I still leave it OTA ( open to air ) for an additional 2 hours.
Blackberry Loves lemon/citrus it grabs it well. I tend to do less smooth but it does help if your wanting to not steep it as long. And then there’s the 1 drop of sweetener that does help since LA’s blackberry is tart and not sweet. AND the biggest point STAY AWAY FROM TFA’S Blackberry !!! GROSS !!!

Some of my fav Blackberry mixes are

blackberry lemon oatmeal

Ingredient %
Blackberry (LA) 6
Lemon VS 1.75
Oatmeal Cookie (TPA) 3.2
Sweetner Ecig Express 0.5

Flavor total: 11.45%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

uP siDe dOwnCakE BlaCkBerry aPple

Ingredient %
Blackberry (LA) 4
Brown Sugar Extra (TPA) 0.4
Cake (Yellow) (FW) 1
Cream Fresh (FA) 0.8
Dulce de Leche (TPA) 0.3
Fuji Apple (FA) 1.5
Meringue (FA) 1.5
Pie Crust (TPA) 1.5

Flavor total: 11%

( If you’re feeling a little impatient try this one still does better w/ steeping )

Country Berry v2

Ingredient %
Blackberry (LA) 3
Blueberry (CAP) 4
Blueberry Wild (TPA) 0.76
DX Bavarian Cream (TPA) 2
Pink Raspberry (Molinberry) 1
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 2
Strawberry delosi 2.5
Vanilla Swirl (TPA) 1

Flavor total: 16.26%

( this should be steeped for a few weeks I was trying it at a week out and was still a bit harsh )

Blackberry Creme Brulee

Ingredient %
Blackberry (LA) 6
Catalan Cream (FA) 0.5
Salted Caramel (FW) 0.76
Sweetner Ecig Express 0.5
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) 2
vanilla custard NWF 8
Whipped Cream (TPA) 2.76

Flavor total: 20.51%

blackberry coconut macaroon tart

Ingredient %
Blackberry (LA) 6
Brown Sugar Extra (TPA) 0.3
Butter Cream (CAP) 1.76
Coconut (FA) 1.26
Cookie (FA) 1.5
Meringue (FA) 0.8
Pistachios Clear (TPA) 0.76
Sweetner Ecig Express 0.2

Flavor total: 12.57%

That should give you some ideas. Also !!! DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE DW USAGE it is for when I was using smaller tanks like a mini protank3 ok :smile:

4 Likes

I have some of that NW vanilla custard coming as I love custard but my body don’t like pg, how is it?

1 Like

TBO it still needs about 1% of your favorite to go along w/ it. It is good comparable with FLV vanilla custard in the way of a cream like custard not an eggy yolk custard. I use alot of NWF just this way. Sometimes I can have 7-8 flavors going on in the mix and still only have about 6 out of 14% be pg flavors and the mix is still good. There’s a learning curve switching over to Vg based flavors in that you can use more. I am so used to sticking w/ 14-15% and under when I work w/ pg flavors as this seems to be my cut off to wear it doesn’t start to dry my throat out and make it sore. When I am using a vg based heavy mix I have on occasion had a 20% batch although it doesn’t happen too often.

I think the Vanilla custard taste good. Now they’re graham cracker ehh doesn’t taste like it to me just kinda creamy. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Yup it helps. I can Vape 15 but eventually it starts to bother me. Been vaping 9-11 all week though with no noticeable problems and the occasional tank of 15 thanks for the input

1 Like

Not letting me edit… Add thanks for your input to last post!

1 Like

Winner winner Chicken Dinner! Thanks Amy. Sorry for the slow reply but I was kind of hoping there would be others who’ve had success with Blackberry vapes. I know @DarthVapor had a tasty mix using the TPA variety and after that I did as well. However, I wouldn’t describe the taste in either as actual blackberry.

TPA seems to have hints of Blackberry in it, although that exists among what might be considered soap and WD40.

I appreciate your tips and will get the LA BB next shopping trip. Right now I’m still reeling from my December shopping. Spent probably 3x what I intended

2 Likes

Not BB, but Strawberry (organic) TPA is the best single strawberry I’ve tried.

Maybe add some huckleberry or boysenberry to you BB. Haven’t attempted a BB yet, but now it’s on my mind, probably as a tea.

1 Like

@SthrnMixer have you figured out what to mix blackberry with to make it better ??? i accidently boughtv 30ml and 60ml of fw bb and as a stand alone at 12 percent its not bad i was trying to buy two bb to mix that is where i got the 30 and 60 ml of the same , im thinking of adding a sweeter vape to make the bb better i love blackberry and milk withba little sugar so i am going to try to repkicate that

This is one of the Blackberry recipes I’m working on. Check my notes for the version 1. I felt I needed to strip this down because it was just too busy. The Creams kinda muffled the fruit note. Also this BB wasn’t as strong as I anticipated.

Version 1

Blackberry Cobbler ala Mode (Gmix)

Ingredient %
Apple Pie (FA) 2
Blackberry (MF) 1
Cream Fresh (FA) 0.75
Golden Butter (CAP) 0.5
Liquid Amber (FA) 0.4
Liquid Stevia (Pyure) 0.4
Pound Cake (Flavorah) 1.5
Vanilla (MF) 0.5
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) 2

Flavor total: 9.05%

Notes
Made 09-06-16
Tested 09-25-16
Background notes are overpowering the top notes. This needs sweetness and a background reduction. Three weeks in but not ready yet.This is just a little harsh too. Hopefully a long steep will fix it.

Don’t forget about anise…

Test 10-8-16
Blackberry is lost in the sauce. I get some blackberry but it’s still muffled. There’s too much going on here. Maybe add some boysenberry bolster the blackberry and lose a couple flavors…

reformulate.

Version 2

Blackberry Cobbler 2.0

Ingredient %
Apple Pie (FA) 2.5
Blackberry (MF) 1.5
Boysenberry (Flavorah) 0.5
Liquid Amber (FA) 0.4
Liquid Stevia (Pyure) 0.4
Pound Cake (Flavorah) 0.75
Vanilla (MF) 0.5

Flavor total: 6.55%

I made this version a week ago and from the finger taste the Blackberry is now coming through, but it needs a little more steep to see exactly what I have here. Boysenberry bolsters the Blackberry the same way that it did for the Grape in my Boys-N-Blue recipe. The Liquid Amber gives this BB a cooked feel.

Just a few notes to help on your quest… Good Luck

3 Likes

oops… This is a old thread… I shoulda scrolled up… Sorry!

3 Likes

You know what…I haven’t. Not because the recommendations here didn’t work, but because after @Amy2 recommended LorAnn’s BB I searched and couldn’t find it in stock where I was shopping at the time so I put it on the back burner and have simply forgotten. No surprise really because when i started this thread I already had so many failed recipes - right beside blueberry and cherry. Thanks for resurrecting the topic because I need to do an order soon and need to add it to my shopping.

3 Likes

I also have found that MF’s Blackberry is juicy and nice the tartness is there and it is kinda sweet but really should be paired w/ other flavors that increase the sweetness.

2 Likes

I was about to say how early you are up and about but I forget your in the right coast time zone now. Hope you’re doing well Amy!

I have a MF BB tester and I tried it once and thought it was ok but maybe should try again. What percentage would you suggest for say a blackberry and ice cream mix?

2 Likes

I’m doing well , hope you are too !

I have used it Blackberry MF around 0.8-1.25 and works fine. I also have used Black Currant MF 1-2 drops along w/ the Blackberry if it’s a complexed mix w/ a lot of creams and milks.breads and they hold up well.

Looking at NC again we’ll hear back in a week or so but prob closer to the coast , real close to i95 area .Asheville was fun but no place I’d live but nice for a workcation. hee hee

1 Like

Asheville is fun, especially if you like smoking primo weed and looking at freaks of nature :slight_smile: I just didn’t think it was a place to raise children so we moved 20 years ago. Still, I sure miss those beautiful mountains!

Thanks for the tips. I’m not ready to order more MF yet but after the new year I will and that black currant will go on my list.

2 Likes

Where are you buying LA Blackberry? Also does it have colour or anything else that some may not want in their juice? Thank you

1 Like

No coloring in this one I buy it at Wizard Labs it may be available at ECX for all I know it’s been a while since I bought some. It’s prob my favorite of the blackberries but MF & Capellas are strong contenders.

2 Likes

that pairing is what im interested in , which fruit do you think would be sweet enough but not take away from that bb taste ???

1 Like

Try Marshmallow or a lil bit of meringue but fruits that can add a bit of sweetness would be Fuji apple (stay low like under 1% ) that way the Apple really doesn’t show up same thing for quince even Pear in small doses can add some depth to creaminess and inherit sweetness

1 Like