Cant get it 'tasty'

What is the “Hero” you are referring to?

3 Likes

Read his response above from 18 and 19 hours ago.

5 Likes

Thanks, I just got here.

4 Likes

It is almost like he is describing a Stone.

4 Likes

Not quite. It’s producing the front flavor in a recipe. The rest of the recipe should be their to support the front flavor.

6 Likes

I have a dumb question, what is a stone? :neutral_face: :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

There are No dumb questions. A stone is a combination of flavors that can be used as a base for many different recipes. Like the one by Alisa it’s a custardstone to be used as a base for custard type recipes. Usually mixed as a one shot with no VG/PG or nic.

9 Likes

@McDuckie nailed it @TimWV. Some can be good enough to stand on their own just like a One-Shot, others fulfill particular profile, like he mentioned like a custard, ice cream, hell even berry medleys. Once you get a good one, it can be a REAL time saver instead of having to re-invent THAT wheel.

8 Likes

It’s a chip off a rock.:joy::joy::joy:

It’s an old word used back in day of what people call a one shot or a part of a recipe put together of flavors like a Vanilla made up of a couple of vanillas.

10 Likes

The recipe calculator also has a stone/one-shot option built into it.
one shot

11 Likes

@TimWV
How did you go with your Apple recipe?

6 Likes

@Jetz I don’t know yet, I mixed a new batch then went on vacation so it’s sitting at home steeping. I get back Sunday and I’ll find out then and let you know.
Thank you again for the pointers and sharing your knowledge.

10 Likes

Finally broke out the edited recipe with suggested tweaks you folks provided and it was really good. I completely did away with the green apple and increased the Fuji apple. It still needs something and I’m trying to figure it out.
Thank you all for putting me on the right path.

9 Likes

Argggh! Please someone help with this recipe. It kinda tastes like bubble gum, it has a little strawberry flavor and some watermelon but it doesn’t taste the way I want it to. I cleaned my tank, dry burned the coils, and changed the cotton. Could it be that. It’s been steeping for 14 days exactly. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

5 Likes

I’d try changing strawberry jam to a more candied strawberry (WF Strawberry Gummy or Cap Strawberry Taffy) and try jacking up (2-3% more) your main fruits watermelon and strawberry so that they will stand out more. Maybe drop the kiwi was it may be stealing the spotlight from watermelon.

4 Likes

Thinking back I tried a bubble gum mix years ago for a client. Similar to a Strawberry Hubba Bubba using American Bubblegum or VT Bubble Gum (I can’t remember which) and I paired with Cap Strawberry Taffy and backed the strawberry up with a lot of Cap Sweet Strawberry. The taffy being it’s sticky and gooey like a gum helped the mix feel more like a gum. SSA watermelon taffy could also help combined with Strawberry Taffy and Sweet Strawberry, then a strong watermelon flavor like FLV watermelon to back up the SSA.

4 Likes

@McDuckie Thank you so much, I am definitely going to take your advice. First thing is to drop the kiwi and then purchase the flavors you recommended, I believe I only have the CAP Sweet Strawberry out of the ones you mentioned.
Thanks again!

5 Likes

I think @McDuckie has covered the key points. Cutting out the 2 watermelons would be a good option and using a cactus or aloe concentrate to provide the note you want is a standout point.

Looking at it, it just seems to be a recipe with many clashing flavours as is :Many concentrates with additives and preservatives which don’t marry well.

4 Likes

@SquirrelSmash Thank you, I don’t understand why I struggle like this, most recipes I mix are failures with only about .5% being decent

4 Likes

Well, it may be due to the heavy use of TFA etc: I mostly avoid them as I prefer to layer concentrates and only include additives, if needed, at the end.

Obviously my style is very different to yours but, if I can find ways to assist - I am more than glad to.

4 Likes