Cant get it 'tasty'

@TimWV failures ARE part of the game. Make sure to take notes, as it’s easy to forget.

6 Likes

@SessionDrummer is right about failures.

When we try new things, we’ll fail a lot - that’s the side-effect of being creative. When it comes to blending, I make mistakes all the time and do not try to hide them. Being honest in my weakness helps to make me better each time.

This helps me to understand my errors and avoid developing a sense of pride or superiority (Although, I can fall to the weakness of dogmatism at times when I know that someone is completely wrong). My students all know that in class, they are only allowed to laugh at me when a mistake is made and not any other.

Oh, the offer of help is always there my friend.

Edit: Oops, I replied to @SessionDrummer and not you @TimWV. Session, you can get free help after an evening of chatter and havering , with BBQ and enough booze to make Westinghousing an elephant look mild ( the only things I like about Eddison are that verb and his collection of mangrove trees).

5 Likes

Thank you so much for the encouragement and offer of help! At times new things or new ideas can be a bit discouraging however, as I found throughout my career as a chef small and simple successes generally lead to much greater success and those small achievements give a tremendous amount of motivation to keep trying.
Encouragement from successful mixers such as yourself and @SessionDrummer go a long way towards my motivation to keep going forward!
Thank you again!

4 Likes

Thanks sir.w
Well being someone who engages in cooking and wine making a lot those small successes are what matter: When you are comfortable with the subtle interactions between ingredients, then you’ll be a master in creating amazing works.

The best way to avoid getting disheartened is to remember how fucking amazing each small step you’ve made actually is. Like in cooking: where the test of skill is to ask someone to make something as simple as scrambled eggs.

4 Likes

Proper scrambled eggs is an art in and of itself. I used scrambled eggs and a simple cheese omelette as a litmus test for prospective employees many times. I subscribed to the theory that if you couldn’t master those basics you probably wouldn’t be able to succeed in more complex techniques.

4 Likes

Exactly why I chose it as a demonstration of mastering the basics.

4 Likes

@SessionDrummer I’m trying this recipe however, I am missing a few of the ingredients and I was wondering what acceptable substitutes I could use that are in my flavor stash. I am missing the sweet coconut, sweetness, and cookie. As far as the sweetness, I have super sweet, ultimate sweetener, ultimate brown sugar, for the cookie I have vanilla cookie, sugar cookie, cookie premium, cookie crumble, and shortbread cookie, the only coconuts I have are toasted coconut from flavrz and toasted coconut cheesecake from purilum. Thoughts?

3 Likes

@TimWV thanks for taking the time to mix it up. SS will work for the Sweetness, but the FLV Cookie will be tougher to sub. Maybe FA Cookie Premium WITH a smidge of Ultimate Brown Sugar. The Sweet Coconut is light enough in that mix, that you’ll be fine without it.

I have been chasing the S’mores Dragon since I started vaping …

5 Likes

@SessionDrummer Thank you so much for your help with this, I am going to try those suggestions and I’m going to mix the other ones you have as soon as my next order of flavors come from BCF :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: What Ya Vaping/Mixing Today? 2023