Capella (NEW) Single Flavor Tests by SessionDrummer

From the original bottle, yes I do.

2 Likes

@KC111 the only danger in testing raw, undiluted out of the bottle is itā€™s FULL strength. If you vaped it at that strength, it would go sideways, so finger testing COULD yield the same ā€œsidewaysā€ results. IMO, finger testing should ONLY be done with diluted flavors, the same strength youā€™d be vaping them at, SO, you get a ā€œrealā€ assessment of them.

6 Likes

I almost always do a knuckle test since I donā€™t SFT. Iā€™m aware that it is super concentrated. Perhaps I should do a water drop test in a glass of water instead of direct knuckle test but I can just hear my bladder cursing me out already since I already drink so much water :rofl:.
I got an email saying your package has been delivered. Please let me know if it is satisfactory or not so that I can leave feedback for buyer.

4 Likes

@SessionDrummer and @TorturedZen have already highlighted the need to SFT any new flavour. Personally, Iā€™d recommend going through the notes others have made in the database to get an impression of percentages to use.

In regard to knuckle testing, when you are familiar with a shipping crateā€™s worth of fingers, then that is one way to judge a flavour.

6 Likes

@KC111 you have to do whatever works for you. I just wanted to make sure you werenā€™t HATING flavors, or getting completely wrong assessments of them. I think because many flavors can indeed be VERY different full strength, and you are knuckle testing FOR a reason, assuming to get to know the flavor(s), you want to make sure you are not handicapping yourself was my only point. If you DO get a good sense of full strength flavors, then keep doing it, just be aware of some of the possible pitfalls.

OH SNAP let me check !!!

6 Likes

I understand, but I only have 1 working hand (which eliminates any building or wicking) and I am extremely fatigued all the time due to the same progressive nerve disease. At this point, it is all about prioritizing my limited energy and trying to make best use of my time with my energy. I am also a small biz owner, a mom of 6 4-legged kids and a wife. I donā€™t mean to sound defensive, but I will become a vegetable at some point due to this disease, so I just canā€™t.

6 Likes

@KC111 part of me thought you were kidding when you replied to our other post. Very nice of you. Thank you.

5 Likes

Iā€™m off the wrong thread here, but I just got the 2 battery chargers, so I just plug them in and once a month, grease the fan?

2 Likes

Thanks, will leave feedback for the buyer.

2 Likes

Wow, I hadnā€™t forgot about your situation, but maybe I didnā€™t fully realize HOW that has changed vaping for you. What are you vaping ? Do you rebuild at all ?

2 Likes

As far as just plugging them in, yeah, thatā€™s it. Plop batteries in and they just start to charge. The default rate is 500 mah.

As far as the greasing, thatā€™s really up to you. My experience has been ā€œit just keeps workingā€ with my original, years old Opus. I TOO read or heard about noisy fans, and said, ā€œF%^K, what do I have to do nowā€ ?? I ordered a replacement fan or two, BUT, never installed it/them. Occasionally, sometimes under heavy load, like (4) dead 21700ā€™s, I can hear the fan kind of ramp up, then ramp down, ramp up, ramp down. Itā€™s not even a FRACTION of time, but itā€™s happened. Not loud, not even bothersome, just noticed it. Seems like it subsides as quickly as it starts, and thatā€™s it. Dead quiet, and will load another 8-16 batts, dead quiet.

Itā€™s up to you, as Iā€™m still on my original one, never greased anything, lubed anything, just cleaned any dust in the fan port, thatā€™s about it.

As I mentioned earlier, I liked the Opus SOO much, I got spares, just because it has had ZERO issues, charges great, shows the amount of mahā€™s that each cell took on the last charge cycle, and in the RARE event that I determine a batt is fragged, Iā€™ve used it to discharge, and bring the batt back to life !!!

I DO keep it full basically every day, Iā€™ve got 4 cells charging, so itā€™s had a VERY hard life here, but it hasnā€™t quit, and Iā€™ve done nothing to it.

4 Likes

I canā€™t even unscrew the coils when they need washing. Sometimes I canā€™t even screw IN the coils. Sometimes I need help squeezing juice in to my tank. Imagine after a long, hard physical day at work and you can barely lift your head to eat dinner, yet you still have to do all your chores and take care of all the 4 legged idiots that I love dearly, and to do it with just 1 hand. Please, letā€™s stop talking about my disability, it is depressing enough and I want to be positive. No, I donā€™t rebuild at all, and I vape a lot of juices that sounds intriguing on ELR, sometimes it takes me a good hour to make one juice because I canā€™t feel my hand and have trouble holding onto the bottle. I love bold, fruity tropical juices like Mango Mafia.

4 Likes

Thank you for the detailed explanation and sorry to derail your thread. Iā€™m too tired to go find the original thread.

3 Likes

No no, not at all, didnā€™t mean to hash things up, BUT, I think a BY-product of you at least explaining it, can help us better understand what youā€™re up against, lest we (or I) suggest things to you, that are NOT possible.

Wish you were local, Iā€™d hook you up with a SteamCrave or two, and precoil you up, and load some cotton for you.

3 Likes

@KC111 youā€™re welcome, and no worries. I derailed my OWN thread, when I tested the new SteamCrave Meson RTA, which was EXCELLENT BTW, and now Iā€™ve gotta get back on these Capella flavors. I have the Grape Candy loaded up right now ,and dammit, it tastes like grape candy !!!

4 Likes

LOL, you canā€™t pay me to live near #46, but I couldnā€™t ask you or anyone to load cotton or build because you are too busy as it is. If you are able to clone 10 Super Derekā€™s then maybe, :rofl:

3 Likes

Looking forward to those flavor notes, thank you D-man!

3 Likes

Thank you @KC111.

2 Likes

I remember about 5 years ago reading or watching a video of a guy who did that. If I remember correctly, he did a ratio of some sort, like 20 drops of water to 1 drop of flavor. I think I tried it. Itā€™s not going to kill you, thatā€™s for sure, but you might gag.

4 Likes

Then I repeat the tip of checking all the notes others have made.

I can sympathise with nerves failing: my ulnar and sciatic are pretty much dead now. The further is a bugger as painting is a big part of my life and the latter, well, I have to look to see if I am wearing socks or not.

4 Likes