Chefs will NO longer be restocking single flavours

Those words are what was ringing in my head!
It was an old favourite of my mums. Surprising the things and words of wisdom that actually stick even though I never listened back in the day.

4 Likes

No you’re not :+1:

5 Likes

I’ll second that as I very much doubt I’ll buy from them again either.
For me it was the much wider choice coupled with much better pricing than I’d pay in Australia that attracted me. I’m not going to buy premade juice from anyone let alone pay the postage from the other side of the world.

7 Likes

Me neither, if they had kept their CSC line I would have but I have no need for one shots or commercial juice.
I have just recently learned that Dark Star U.K. are having a sale on for concentrates which will go on indefinitely. Doesn’t look good either.

8 Likes

Beginning of the end for the former big players in the diy in the uk? Starting to look like it.

5 Likes

Me neither since i don’t buy premixed juices. But there’s one thing we shouldn’t do – blame Chefs right now. Chefs saved us so much (money and market annoyances), they have always listened us. It is a sad news and it looks like Nomnomz is the only remaining meaningful option for Europeans now and that’s very bad; two years ago we had an option to buy at dozen UK shops. What’s worse is that even this won’t last long imho.

We have to read between the lines to understand what it is about.

Giants (Chefs is No1 player globally; BullCity is bigger, maybe even someone else, but they are not internationally orientated) don’t change their business model completely overnight, but they rather slowly adapt – the last thing they’d wish is losing their market share, price negotiation power, tenthousands of their loyal customers and just say goodbye to the monopoly they had – just to start a business model where there’s much more competition. How ridiculous does that sound?

That is unless ofc a higher hand suddenly appears, a new regulation / politically forced annoyance or market disruption that they cannot overcome (meaning it’s not their business decision like they want you to believe in their answer, but a forced decision from outside that’s beyond their control).

We know TPD3 is around the corner and we can be sure that it will be much stricter, maybe even banning e-cigarette flavors completely or just introducing taxes high enough that most will quit (don’t mention they can’t do that, because i’d start wondering under what rock were you living last two years). Relativizing that regulation in a way that you’ll still be able to buy flavors in ordinary shops or other shops like vg/pg is also ridiculous and daydreaming, because while technically may be true, this is a no go for most and basically no solution.

Least to expect (if this comes true) is that you suddenly won’t have several hundreds of flavors to pick up in one place and prices for those flavors will be x2 or x3 or x5 at least. Add additional taxes, drastic shipping extra costs. Also, there will be more risk involved since those flavors will not be under vaping regulation (= thus sold without any control for vaping, since nothing will technically be allowed for vaping and thus noone will be performing those expensive tests for nothing; see sugars, fructose, coloring, other nasty ingredients). It also means no more wonderfully improved delightful new flavors coming out every quarter; all progress will be stopped.

They can even ban vaping publicly or bring up hefty penalties (just like some countries with bureaucratic prostitutes in charge already did; does anyone really think that this couldn’t happen in our ‘democracies’ and ‘free’ societies?). It’s not a who-cares or it-will-not-affect-me situation unless you’re totally ignorant.

If still in doubts (if it was a business decision or a forced one) – wouldn’t Chefs rather decide to keep their winners (or brands that are most profitable for them at least) and thus keep thousands of customers and remain big players globally? Couldn’t they keep SSA for example and charge them £2 for 10ml instead of £1 (which would still be very reasonable price for SSA compared to other brands and thus Chefs would be making x3 profits this way)? There’s just no logic in this sudden business model change as they want you to believe…(on top, it’s coming up just couple of months after they launched their own line).

It’s rather just a clear sign that very dark clouds are around the corner and they are fix already (and closer look on other vendors is just confirming those fears). If only dark clouds were coming only over vaping…

9 Likes

Cute pittie, shame they get such a bad rap. They are the sweetest things. My daughters pittie was part shar-pei so we always called her a “shit” amazing companion for her, for many years.

5 Likes

One thing in the uk is they arent trying to ban flavored vape liquid. The nhs actually promotes and offers setups too smokers who want to quit. Yes eventually as the market gets smaller you will have to pay more to get your concentrates. I would have still shopped at chefs if they kept their csc line and i would occasionally buy their mfic as its unreal. But i do see this as the beginning of the end for them. Theyd be better off closing the online business and wholesale their best single shots to nom nomz or vapable and call it a day. I think they are holding on by a thread

7 Likes

I’ve had several different breeds, yet I keep coming back to the pits. I just love them. Here is a picture of my other pits.
chief20170612_185435_resized

6 Likes

The collars are not matchie matchie can you please sort this.And buy more pits there’s always room for more

6 Likes

That’s one of the first things I did, “copy and paste…” even if on the wish list, there’s no way to put the list on your cart, you have to put them one by one, as you said, finnicky, but at least you don’t loose them.
But it’s not them, the people are great, Leah was really kind and supportive, but… If you remember some years ago when they changed their website, (accounts cancelled and all sorts of things) they handed it over to “Shopify” look at te bottom of the page… if shopify has trouble they loose sales (BTW they still haven’t found out why the “can’t send to that adress” issue) and don’t think that’s good for their business.
BTW if it happens,just use Opera and VPN,if you try incognito, or private browsing don’t seem to work, Opera (and Brave might) did.

it’s frozen food they want today, and disposables, not make your own…not even the coil, that’s how vaping jas changed, in worst!
In Italy they’re all like that, it’s one hell of a job to teach them, make them understand the difference and show them how to do a decent mix, that’s one of the reasons why lately I have done a lot of POD and disposable’s recipes.
Talking about Chef’s, as you said they could at least keep their own line… but is it, their own? Or rebranded/rebottled? Who knows? Did they have a laboratory that worked for them?I’m curious.
They’ll probably use their flavs to make Chef’s One-shots.

6 Likes

Yes it is. Mods are a far and few between these days when out and about. Its all about disposables. I dont think i can use them as i love my topside dual with my profile ps rda. I couldnt imaging never vaping on it. Plus the commercial juices just most of the time are dissapointing especially some of the prices

6 Likes

But if you can’t beat them:

Joni them! Well, sort of…

4 Likes

That’s horrible!

6 Likes

This just popped into my email:

6 Likes

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that when going to Chef’s website, I see no mention of them doing away with the single flavor sales? Maybe I am missing it?

6 Likes

“Re-stocked WHERE possible” is the operative phrase. I looked, and my needs are OOS.

5 Likes

They seem to have only announced it on fb.
Emails don’t mention it either :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Thanks for the info. At least now I know I wasn’t simply missing something.

5 Likes

I received it in email (but it happened before to not receive the promotion info at all). Quite strange they don’t advertise it on website since it’s obvious they are desperate to sell everything asap (otherwise they wouldn’t be running these huge discounts every second week). Like everyone has FB… Weird.

5 Likes