Chefs will NO longer be restocking single flavours

Email him back and get the Fluffy Nutters recipe, I’ve tried to recreate the Rasberry Combo to no Avail for awhile now

3 Likes

I’ve been closely following the Chefs “thing” and it looks more and more NOT good, the more I learn. Please make up your OWN minds on this …

From this thread on the VC.

@lukeloop stated the founders Karl and Lewis opened up their new shop.

7 Likes

Will they be listed as Flavour Craver and DarkStar in ELR? Not that I am interested in DarkStar.

3 Likes

This could get tricky @KC111. My intent would be to leave ALL previous flavors/one-shots as is, as Chef’s, or CSC. Moving forward, I think any one-shots (all they have right now) would be listed as Flavour Craver, and I"m not sure about the recently PURCHASED Chef’s now owned by Darkstar.

2 Likes

And sadly the selection they are clearing is not great either.

I will check with a few who deal with liquidated stock to see what appears elsewhere.

6 Likes

That will be tricky, by the looks of things there are already oneshots? added in the database. Knowing that both companies are using the same flavour names :woman_shrugging:

(@Ken_O_Where @TorturedZen - I know the database cleanup is on hold but clearly there will be dupes, so tagging in advance.)

9 Likes

??? Putting malt in Golden Grahams? I don’t know :face_with_raised_eyebrow:it might work. I added FA Milk to the recipe and it turned out amazing.

6 Likes

It’s kind of hard to argue with FA Milk in a Cereal @McDuckie !!!

6 Likes

Honestly everyone is bashing darkstar about the way they handled but when has a company ever been taking over where it goes perfectly with no complaints? Twitter with musk has been a 1000 times more of a dumpster fire. Its business. Now im going to say this and why i gave them a chance after the bullshit that spewed out of the former owners mouth when i contacted them about the csc line they bullshitted me and i knew it. We all knew before they shut the doors they where closing. Instead just doing a massive store closing sale they stayed quite and closed shop. Now what the former owners of chefs did did to its customer base was shady asf. Now as im in the chefs group people have been booted for laughing at or taking shots at the owner and employees of darkstar. So they got booted. I used chefs as it was 25% off and got some great deals. Now after comparing prices to other retailers they are on par or better prices. Now that i buy mostly 10ml and 30ml i gave them a shot. And you know what i was very impressed from their customer service to the delivery. If they get more stock of wonder flavours and bring back ssa ill use them. But as for the former owners i have zero respect for them how they went out. Kept people in the dark and fucked off. But business is business if i can get what i need and get good prices i dgaf who owns what. But i wouldnt buy anything from the former not after the way they went out. Im good i lost trust in them. If they bring that brand name back and try to improve what it was then im all for it. But always remember businesses being bought and taken over is just that business. Not everyone will be happy and not many will agree. But it doesnt effect anyone. It wasnt darkstar who fired chefs employees. Chefs fired them.

8 Likes

Amen @Psycho_316. I wasn’t as wordy as you elsewhere, but I’ll agree with your comments.

I’d still do business with the OG owners of Chefs IF they had concentrates and their price was better than the others. :+1:

6 Likes

I think the way they did it by closing shop on their business license renewal date was just shady when they just kept feeding bullshit to people. Kind of put me off them. They ran chefs into the ground and dont think i could do business with them as i have no trust in their business practices. And the way they handled the end. I do love how people do ignore that and think they are upstanding to the diy community and are such good people. I just dont see it. They let a lot of people down. Coming out with csc line then a year later closed. Thats bullshit

6 Likes

*Yup, yup. I started this topic and in my second post I said WTF. *
They did me NO harm. So long as they have timely shipping and good prices, IDGAF about what they (or Darkstar) say or do publicly or privately. Ya know, the real truth is somewhere in the middle.
Gotta say though, my first order with them got to my door in 6 or 7 days. BCF (when I used to order from them, cheapest USPS) was routinely 7 days. Locally within Canada 4-5 days.

6 Likes

I literally got next day delivery which is a first. Ordered on thursday night they shipped it friday late and was on my doorstep at 10am im all for them. Cheaper then nomz too they need more stock thats for sure. Its gonna be easy for them to build this back up. A lot of people are saying good things about their one shots. Which i dont use but could turn out to be better then the old guys

6 Likes

Absolutely @big_vape. Some of their concentrates were TOP SHELF’ers.

5 Likes

From @Again on the VC …

7 Likes

I think you would be wasting money on the one shots with them. If people are really that desperate by the originals. Seriously it was widely known that the former had a new website with just one shots and this guy still went to chefs. But as taste is subjective and we all know this is true, on their group a lot of people think its just as good or better. Typically the pro has been they’re not as sweet. But honestly i think its redundant as you can go get the originals still. Id never buy any one shots from the new chefs. As its not gonna be the same.

6 Likes

UPDATE: King Flavours UK had bought out ALL of Chefs (original Chefs) flavor concentrates when Chefs went under… they now have them listed on their site, including Flavour Creative, Fantasy, Chefs Super Concentrates line. AFAIK it’s first come first serve as this is just all the stock from the old Chefs:
https://kingflavours.co.uk/

13 Likes

Thanks Rock.

7 Likes

Not much of a selection

4 Likes

I never seen them in all my searching are they new? And @Lynda_Marie will be happy they have buttercream frosting. I remember saying she couldnt find it

6 Likes