Coffee Crew… What are you drinking and vaping? 2022

Get yourself some of the plastic refillable pods. Amazon has a 4 pack and 50 filters for like 25 bucks.

5 Likes

I got mine today, the mesh is fine enough that it doesnt require the tiny paper filters. Brewed two cups and no grounds in the coffee.

@SessionDrummer This here is the one i got:

Too small to fit a travel mud under it but i dont take coffee with me. Have to buy their reusable pods, the others dont work according to the reviews but it was 9 bucks for 4 of them. No frills at all. Hold up to 12oz of water tho the manual says 10oz.

DRM in a coffee maker… That shit angers me to no end.

EDIT: So i dont recommend this make even tho i love it. Twice in a week now coffee has leaked out everywhere. I doubt it will last long so im going to return it as soon as i get another maker.

6 Likes

Our Classic finally developed an internal short, tripping the GFCI after years of heavy use. Picked up the Elite, but really only wanted the larger 75 oz. reservoir.

5 Likes

Quijote Honduras + Tom Klark Patisserie

6 Likes

@muth I love a good Sumatran, but also like Kenyan AA and a nice Colombian Supremo (medium dark roast). Coffees can have such different flavors and characteristics. I enjoy a pretty fair variety, depending on my mood at the moment.

5 Likes

For coffee addicts, if you visit Barcelona, Spain, don’t forget to visit this, it’s second to none…

7 Likes

I bought a cheap, single cup coffee maker from Walmart years ago with a mesh basket that works flawlessly. The machine is so simple that hardly anything can go wrong with it. Still making my coffee with it to this day. I’d post an image but can’t find it anymore.

6 Likes

What’s DRM?

4 Likes

Here you go @muth. Keurig had to learn the hard way …

3 Likes

I can’t remember exactly but the hack was out in days, and then sites like this, started popping up everywhere .

The blowback was HUGE !!!

3 Likes

Ah, Digital Rights Management. Fuck that!

6 Likes

Hehe, it disappeared faster than it appeared.

4 Likes

Good! Even if it didn’t disappear, if humans are too lazy to figure out their own hack than too bad. I remember a guy telling me he used a cotton sock for a filter once :rofl: albeit, one that hadn’t been worn yet.

5 Likes

Im going to start doing cold brew coffee too. More caffeine, less acidic. I was buying Starbucks Cold Brew Concentrate but its super expensive and cold brew costs however much the coffee cost.

5 Likes

Right? What a bunch of bullshit.

3 Likes

It’s cool @Ken_O_Where, @muth. Someone had to be the DUMBASS, and in the front of the pack, and it was Keurig. They QUICKLY learned their lesson, and the other players took notice.

It happened, but WE benefited from it, hehe.

3 Likes

We had 4 or 5 Keurigs over the years, and they made a good cup of coffee. I was never a fan of sending a half dozen of the plastic cups to the landfill every day. Tried the mesh cups, but they were a pain in the ass to clean. When the shitweasels tried the DRM nonsense, it was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

About 4 years ago I switched to pour over coffee. Best coffee move I ever made. The cone shaped filters aren’t necessary. There’s a quick little folding trick that lets you use a regular paper coffee filter. Gather up the leftovers in a neat little biodegradable package for the landfill (or compost bin, if you’re a gardener) and you’re left with a great cup of coffee.

4 Likes

I found a cold brew concentrate at Trader Joe’s for a reasonable price. When I drink iced coffee I add cream and sweetener so I thought this stuff was pretty good for what it is.

They have others but this is best bang for yer buck.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Also if you like/want cheap containers for Kratky hydroponics, Folgers in the red plastic containers are great… I’m not sure if I conjured that idea on my own or not, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.

5 Likes