Coil Question

I know it’s different as I vape MTL, but I prefer single round wire SS316L coils as I find Claptons need to much ramp up for the way I vape and any metals apart from SS give me a metallic taste that I just can’t get past… Especially Nichome wire.

7 Likes

What about using Kanthol?

3 Likes

Yes flat wire in the center basically Flalien’s are a basic framed staple (2 round wire outside with 6-8 flat wire core then you wrap the outer wire in reverse for the alien.

3 Likes

Same thing mate, just get a metallic taste from it. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I use flat twisted and when I built it I add a 38 ga on the side, 0.10 Ohm for 2

6 Likes

First attempt. 30mm 35mm- and 40mm builds. Basic basic basic, but super eazy- and quite relaxing as well! Took 5 minutes at most- and most of that time was cutting 3 different types of wire. Thanks everyone for the help!!

13 Likes

@D.Sims, well THERE you go.

4 Likes

Awesome! @D.Sims I wish I had that patience!

4 Likes

Now, where do they Ohm out at?

3 Likes

I will check it out- and let you know @rcleven

5 Likes

Congratulations ::

3 Likes

i would like this 50 times if i could.

4 Likes

@rcleven

They all fell in the range of .81 - .85… im noticing slower ramp up times upon my first dip. Anyone have any quick advise on what I should be shooting for?!

The stock prebuilts I’ve been running came in at .46. Thanks

3 Likes

Try 5 turns, the legs count for 1/2 turn, the Clapton should race around 0.22. If the inner is 3mm.

5 Likes

I try to match my coils to my mods and battery. Single coil builds or dual.
My personal preference (DTL) seems to be around 0.20 ohms. It’s a balance of battery draw and vapor for me (25-55 watts). MTL people will have a different angle on a ohm range. The lower the ohm’s will allow you vape at higher wattage and vice versa. The larger the mass of wire will cause that slower ramp up time even at that same 0.20 ohm range.

6 Likes

Thanks gentlemen. I can already tell I have too many turns on this particular build. The wire is thick af too. I will twist up a plain jane single kanthal coil tomorrow and see how it works out. :muscle:

7 Likes

Nice job @D.Sims only help I can give is on the first picture when you finished ya Clapton hold the end tight with pliers and reverse your drill it’ll take the twist out picture 2and 3 you nailed it

6 Likes

That’s amazing for your first attempt, congratulations Sir.

5 Likes

Thanks guys. One thing I’ve learned in this process… Those giant coils don’t do jack shit for me. Ramp time blows- and it ripped through my batteries. Flavor wasn’t all that either…

Going to downsize- and try again. Ohm law IS REAL!!

7 Likes

Your part right. Once you find your ohm range there are coils that will improve the taste of vaping and be a little kinder on the battery/s.
Take me up on my offer.

5 Likes