Coronavirus

Yup, and we just got a plane full of human containers yesterday. :mask:

2 Likes

Here’s an article circulating around at work, without the normal media spin!

https://thenursebreak.org/coronavirus/

5 Likes

Just got this:

Dear Customers,

Due to the severe coronavirus infection in China, government claims that the Spring Festival Holiday will be prolonged to Feb. 09 to reduce the spread of virus. The whole country is taking effective measures to fight the novel virus. Heaven Gifts will back to work at Feb. 10 . So the package shipping will be delayed for 2-3 days. We feel sorry for the incovenience and thanks for your understanding.

During the Holiday, our wholesale promotion and retail sales will be valid to Feb. 12 . Please enjoy the discount at Heaven Gifts.

Hope you enjoy shopping! :slight_smile:

Regards
Heaven Gifts

3 Likes

Too soon?

6 Likes

I’m dead :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Governments and media are just drooling over this virus, they like to have people in fear.
Should people be worried? Sure, the young, elderly and otherwise weakened people, just like with the regular flu. Every year, about 1000 people die from the flu in Belgium alone, much more than the corona virus has done world wide so far.

8 Likes

Well, here’s another message from FT:

Service alert: the ongoing coronavirus spread is placing China under defecto lockdown.
Local labor policy currently prevents staffs from returning to work as scheduled.
Customer service is available with limited capacity at this time as we work from home.
Shipping is now expected to resume normal service on February 10, 2020. More details to follow.

5 Likes

Seems they are not alone. For instance…

3Avape Spring Festival Holiday Notice~

Dear 3Avape Fam,
Hope this email find you a great day! Just to notify that the Spring Festival (Chinese New Year) holiday was extended from Jan 31st to Feb 9th, 2020. And we will only get back to work on Feb 10th, 2020.

During the holiday, orders will not be handled & processed, and no customer service either. After the holiday, we will try our best to ship out your orders, which may take about 3- 4 days to send out backlog orders (non-preorders).

5 Likes

I did a search and found out that Wuhan is only about 550 mi from Shenzhen where most of the big vape manufacturers are. Yeah, could put a kabash on business temporarily.

5 Likes

8 Likes

Of course, the Australian Government wants to get Australians out of Wuhan so they typically come up with the worst solution - evacuate them to an immigration detention centre on Christmas island and charge them $1000 per head for the pleasure. Our government are such a bunch of assholes.

It was reported back in 2009

The Commission’s 2009 report found that Christmas Island is not an appropriate place in which to hold people in immigration detention for a range of reasons including the nature of the detention facilities, the limited infrastructure and lack of community-based accommodation options, and the restrictions on asylum seekers’ access to essential services and support networks

2010 Immigration detention on Christmas Island

Not ok for asylum seekers’ but it is obviously ok to put Australians there who may or may not be sick and charge them for the pleasure. Our government is an embarrassment.

On a lighter note
83719400_1441683455998793_5731036241877532672_n

11 Likes

@JiM210 I’m going to share the @#$%#@$% out of that.

5 Likes

Great achievements always come in times of crisis. Let’s build a hospital from scratch… in 8 days!!

6 Likes

I read on the internet today, that in Wuhan someone may have found a cure for this dreaded virus!

====
But for Connor Reed, a 25-year-old English teacher from Wales who contracted coronavirus in Wuhan, claims to have cured his illness with a hot toddy.

Connor was one of the first Britons to contract coronavirus in Wuhan around two months ago.

he had taken himself to hospital in the Chinese city after suffering symptoms associated with the illness - breathing difficulties and a severe cough.

He told The Sun: “I used the inhaler which helped control the cough and drank a hot whisky with honey until that ran out.

Coronavirus cure: Briton who contracted Wuhan virus said he beat illness with a hot toddy | Express.co.uk

I better stock up before the run! :thinking:

5 Likes

I have a good supply of whiskey, will have to stock up on some honey!
I did go to Walgreens pharmacy for some surgical masks but they were out of stock, they said they’re waiting on a new shipment, when I looked them up it seems the masks are Made In China

2 Likes

You need to wash the masks first in boiled water :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

6 Likes

4 Likes

Folks just need to vape higher PG until they clear this up LOL

3 Likes

I placed a FT order for 4 items on 1/23/20. Only 1 item had an ETA of up to five days. I checked the order status today and that one item now has an ETA of 3/2/20. Only one item was “Ready to ship”. Strangely, (to me) it was for a Face Mouth Mask Respirator.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/6845903

I’m in no particular hurry to receive any of the items. When it gets here it gets her.

4 Likes