Coronavirus

Persons having pre-existing (including so far un-diagnosed) issues and conditions surrounding cardiac (heart) functionality are advised to have a look at this info. This appears to be a genuine concern:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/27/health/coronavirus-cardiac-heart-attacks.html

(JAMA, March 27, 2020): “Cardiovascular Implications of Fatal Outcomes of Patients With Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

3 Likes
3 Likes

@daath the log charts are wonderful for detecting changes at high rising values. This is not an attempt to bust anyone’s bubble. The downward trend on log scaled paper is fantastic. But… the moment you see the turn (the first downward data point, you step back 1 data point and that should indicate the actual start (you might see the tip of the peak as it finishes.

So, you start with the first point of deviation. Step back one and that’s the point the deviation actually begins. That’s the point you use to switch to standard graph paper.

If you look, you jump for joy seeing the drop so fast on the graph. The problem is, is that you are way up in the 10x10(xy) log chart (each step is x10).

You switch to regular log paper at the point of deviation (explained). That point starts in the middle of your next standard graph paper. This gives you the actual downward (or flattening) turn. It shows you how much the downward trend is shifting.at non log travel. This is the only issue with logarithmic graphing. You have to know when to convert back to have your data make sense.

ok, enough of me being a prick. Just didn’t want anyone popping the champagne out yet.

@Raven-Knightly
The NY times wants money for me to see these things. I’m not giving money to an online newspaper. Not at the amounts they want. If it’s discussing the pericardial sack building fluid and impeding heart function, that would make sense. It may also be calcifying simple squamous epithelium also or causing inflammation.

All 3 put pressure on the heart weakening the beats because the room around the heart has decreased (the pericardial sack is the same squamous epithelium as the lungs).

Is that what it’s saying?

Just clear your browser cookies, Doctor - and voila. Magically, one is then cured ! … :clown_face:

@SessionDrummer
breed cross contamination begins to get frightening. The disease has mutated enough to effect different mammalia could lead to an aerobic transmission if this becomes a solid trend. Ugh. I’ve been wondering if that might happen.

Just what we need. Bubonic COVID -19 …

1 Like

Doctor, methinks you are approaching a state of incoherent anxiety. (Perhaps), up the Benzos a bit ?

1 Like

@Raven-Knightly
Not panicking… mutations like this aren’t singular. it has to do with the x(squared) aspect of a cell mutation. For any x(squared) equation you either get a + and + or a - and - (*-1 to turn positive) value. You can’t have a - and a + in real life. The - value either is a non mutation or a different one all together ( I need a chemist to confirm that btw). With the amount of replication occurring as it infects more and more, the expectation of it going from a contact disease to an aerobic is to be expected at some point.

Not trying to scare anyone. I was told it mutates every 15 mins. It spreading into the animal population may be a remnant of it originating from bats…

Btw… I’m on the benzos… a healthy amount. Relationship problems…

Your words confirm, rather than refute, my previous point. That is (correctly) approximately every 15 days (24 times per year), and not every 15 minutes. So far, there exist 8 (in humans circulating) sub-types, and around 100 minor genetic mutations (not one of them thought to be particularly concerning). The distant variants found in other critters are (notably) different pathogens. On this thread (primarily) you will find all kinds of related information and links relevant to your concerns. Try reading and (first) meaningfully comprehending such information - lest you may be (needlessly) scaring other readers.

2 Likes

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/daf/index.cfm?event=overview.process&varApplNo=009768

1 Like

(Tampa Bay Times, March 22, 2020): "Smart thermometer company may predict high coronavirus numbers in Florida - The company thinks there is a correlation between a lack of preventative measures and the numbers - Kinsa Health’s map shows atypical levels of illness, which they think may relate to coronavirus:

Source: https://www.tampabay.com/resizer/HuZ30xNmoiLpWkyzDEiMI0pie-s=/1600x900/smart/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-tbt.s3.amazonaws.com/public/5X4RU65JEZCIFJGBUPPWAXWIBY.PNG

1 Like

Now THAT is how you target a virus

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/sns-nyt-smart-thermometers-track-spread-coronavirus-20200319-chdh33yrkfd47pjrtpfbznxp4a-story.html

However, there exists a recognition among many researchers that said data should probably be normalized in order to account for “Swamp Fever Dreams” emanating from Palm Beach, FL:clown_face:

Source: https://video-images.vice.com/articles/5c8ff2420b0ce80007883e9e/lede/1552937621719-happygator.jpeg

(The Guardian, March 28, 2020):
What happens to people’s lungs when they get coronavirus? - Respiratory physician John Wilson explains the range of Covid-19 impacts, from no symptoms to severe illness featuring pneumonia

(NPR, March 27, 2020):
Mystery In Wuhan: Recovered Coronavirus Patients Test Negative … Then Positive

1 Like

Some (very likely) reputable facts, anyone ? Perhaps not as dramatic as rank bloviations.

Coronavirus and zoonoses. The recent coronavirus is just another instance in the long history of zoonoses - diseases that jump from animals to humans. The domestication of the horse led to the virus responsible for the common cold in humans, while the domestication of chickens gave humans chickenpox, shingles, and various strains of the bird flu. Pigs were the source of influenza, and measles, smallpox, and tuberculosis emerged from cattle. When a virus successfully jumps species from an animal to a human (“patient zero”), and that version of the virus in turn succeeds in making the jump to a second human, those two people become the first two human vectors of human-to-human virus transmission.

Three-quarters of infectious diseases are the result of zoonotic spillovers, and the novel coronavirus is no exception. The term “coronavirus” refers to a family of viruses shaped like a crown, and it accounts for about 10 percent of common colds in humans. (Rhinoviruses are the predominant cause of the common cold.) Novel coronaviruses have made the jump into the human population on three occasions in the 21st century, each time causing a deadly pandemic: SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome) in late 2002, MERS (Middle East respiratory syndrome) in 2012, and COVID-19 (coronavirus disease 2019) at the start of this winter.

Source:
https://thebulletin.org/2020/03/black-plague-spanish-flu-smallpox-all-hold-lessons-for-coronavirus

in conversations with The Washington Post, experts rejected the idea that the virus could be man-made. “Based on the virus genome and properties there is no indication whatsoever that it was an engineered virus,” said Richard Ebright, a professor of chemical biology at Rutgers University. Tim Trevan, a biological safety expert based in Maryland, said most countries had largely abandoned their bioweapons research after years of work proved fruitless.

COVID-19 coronavirus epidemic has a natural origin - An analysis of public genome sequence data from SARS-CoV-2 and related viruses found no evidence that the virus was made in a laboratory or otherwise engineered.

(The Lancet, February 19, 2020): “Statement in support of the scientists, public health professionals, and medical professionals of China combatting COVID-19”:

The rapid, open, and transparent sharing of data on this outbreak is now being threatened by rumours and misinformation around its origins. We stand together to strongly condemn conspiracy theories suggesting that COVID-19 does not have a natural origin. Scientists from multiple countries have published and analysed genomes of the causative agent, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), and they overwhelmingly conclude that this coronavirus originated in wildlife, as have so many other emerging pathogens. This is further supported by a letter from the presidents of the US National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine and by the scientific communities they represent. Conspiracy theories do nothing but create fear, rumours, and prejudice that jeopardise our global collaboration in the fight against this virus.

3 Likes

@Raven-Knightly
Oh thank you!!! someone told me that it was once every 15 minutes. I thought that was ridiculously high but they were adamant.

THAT NOT NICE!!! I said “I was told”. I didn’t go hunting for it (as I should have)

Yes, it pays not to assume. I hate to micromanage things but it seams I have to confirm all the info people give me. I can’t trust anyone else’s information to be accurate. That sucks to have to start from bare scratch every time. At the time I wasn’t researching that aspect either so I ignored it.

We cannot trust your published information to be accurate - unless you vet what it is that you repeat.

If you are to ingest this or that alleged “factoid(s)”, please fully digest all roughage before forwarding:

Source: https://ozmusiccollector.com.au/images/discgallery/11765-1t.jpg

2 Likes

@Raven-Knightly
Point taken. However in my defense, I cant tell which one i s right or wrong.

Precisely the time to refrain from speculation, consult others more knowledgeable, and take due care.

4 Likes